Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Television and Movies > Favourite TV Shows and Movies

Favourite TV Shows and Movies This is the place to discuss you favourite TV Shows and Movies

Old 03-15-2005, 11:56 PM   #1
RC45
Regular User

Default The Flight of the Phoenix...

Pretty good movie - but... watching the "making of" and stuff... Irish director John Moore is a complete arsehole (and not because he shares a name with Michael Moore.. )...

He goes off on these tirades that would make working with him rather unpleasant - doesn't matter how much of a creative genius he is or portends to be... he just comes across as a prick.

Other than that, not a bad movie.

But the director... you could tell in the "making of scenes" that he isn't a nice bloke... he puts on this front but you can see when he gets frustrated or irritated he snaps.

He's prolly a wife basher as well..
RC45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2005, 12:57 AM   #2
robruf
Regular User

yeah, I saw this flick as well, it was actually pretty decent, I liked the character played by the kid who was in Gone in 60 Seconds.
robruf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2005, 01:07 AM   #3
T-Bird
Regular User

Originally Posted by robruf
yeah, I saw this flick as well, it was actually pretty decent, I liked the character played by the kid who was in Gone in 60 Seconds.
his name is Giovanni Ribisi.
It was a great movie IMO between his and Ladder 49 there have been some good movies out lately.
T-Bird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2005, 01:26 AM   #4
sentra_dude

Well, I thought it was ok, and I'm glad Denis Quaid was in it, but the inaccuracies pertaining to aircraft drive me nuts...

------------
1992 Toyota Celica GT 5spd, intake.
sentra_dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2005, 02:01 AM   #5
RC45
Regular User

Originally Posted by sentra_dude
Well, I thought it was ok, and I'm glad Denis Quaid was in it, but the inaccuracies pertaining to aircraft drive me nuts...
Having almost grown up in the co-pilot seat, having a dad that not only has 10,000+ hours under the belt but is also an Department of Civil Aviation instructor/ride-along check-ride jock, I can identify... thank God the story was character driven...
RC45 is offline   Reply With Quote