Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > General Discussion > General Chat

General Chat General chat about anything that doesn't fit in another section here

Old 10-31-2005, 11:43 AM   #1
1zippo1
Regular User

Default [Request]Sources fusions, takeovers & alliances carcomp

Hey,

For my end of term paper I'm gathering some information concerning fusions, takeovers & alliances of carcompanies. Any good books you know, maybe an objective article or papers (=generally the best source) about this subject are very welcome.

I know this isn't everybody's cup of tea but since there are so many car enthousiasts around here, I suppose there'll probably be a couple that follow the economic side of the car industry.

Thx in advance for any suggestions!!

greetingz

EDIT: PS: nice skin & banners you all made!!!
1zippo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2005, 01:12 PM   #2
jon_s
Regular User

There are a few generic M&A books about.

What aspect are you looking at? The pros and cons from the respective companies? The banking side of things with debt and equity finance? The legal procedure and regulations e.t.c
jon_s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2005, 03:55 PM   #3
crayzayjay
Regular User

I should have some electronic copies of in-depth broker reports regarding the auto industry if you like. I'm not sure if any of them cover the specific topic of M&A in any great detail but you can read up on the DaimlerChrysler affair etc... Interested?

Some people become so rich they lose all respect for humanity. That's how rich i want to be.
crayzayjay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2005, 04:43 PM   #4
graywolf624
Regular User

You need to be a bit more explicit. Run could right tomes on the auto industry and its current structure. Youll need to determine a subtopic.
Old 11-01-2005, 06:33 AM   #5
1zippo1
Regular User

thx for the responses guys and you're right in saying that I wasn't clear enough. So I'll fill you in a bit further.

The structure of my paper is going to be something like this:
- quick overview of the Belgian car industry. Which are the big car production companies, which brands do they sell in Belgium, who are the big importers.
- 2 or 3 interviews with some of the CEO's in charge in big companies like Ford Genk for instance (my uncle will help me with that)
- an historic scetch of the most important M&A in the car industry the last decennia.
- case study: Porsche buys 19% of VWAG
- conclusion: in general the the rule applies that car companies get swallowed by the big concerns or die off

What was I looking for:
- anything on important M&A that happend in the last decennia. I'm not making a financial study but more of general strategic analysis. What are the reasons for M&A in the car industy, why has it become neccessary to join a big car concern? And how if this relevant to the Porsche-VWAG case?
- any studies of the belgian car scène (I'll get that info from the local universities)

PS: crayzayjay: If you have the document about DaimlerChrysler on your pc I would appreciate if you could mail it to me ( [email protected]).
1zippo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2005, 10:32 AM   #6
crayzayjay
Regular User

It's not on my PC but i should have something on a disc somewhere. Ill have a look and send it to you if and when i find it

Some people become so rich they lose all respect for humanity. That's how rich i want to be.
crayzayjay is offline   Reply With Quote