Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Television and Movies > Favourite TV Shows and Movies

Favourite TV Shows and Movies This is the place to discuss you favourite TV Shows and Movies

Old 01-25-2008, 01:46 PM   #1
nthfinity
Regular User

Default Wesley Snipes is an Alien?

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,325454,00.html

Feds: Snipes Declared Himself Alien, Warned Against Past Tax Prosecution

Federal prosecutors presented letters from Wesley Snipes in which the actor declares himself "a nonresident alien" of the United States and faults the IRS for efforts to "terrorize, enslave, rape or pillage" taxpayers during his tax evasion trial in Florida, according to a report in the Ocala Star-Banner.
The letters reportedly Dec. 4, 2006 letter was sent by the 'Blade' star in response to his indictment that same year. He also stated delivered a stern warning to federal employees against his continued prosecution, according to the report.
Click here to view the story in the Ocala Star-Banner.
"Warning - pursuit of such a high profile target will open the door for your increased collateral risk," Snipes wrote in the letter reported on by the Star-Banner. "I certainly don't believe this is in your best interest."
He also refuted his social security number in the documents that were included in a sealed indictment that was opened last October.
Snipes attonrey Robert Barnes denied the comments were intend as a threat.

"Not at all, not at all," Barnes was quotes in the Star-Banner. "A lot of it was very gentle."
Old 01-25-2008, 04:20 PM   #2
gangajas
Regular User

This thread's reminded me a funny story about "Future Man", the percussionist of Bela Fleck & The Flecktones:

In November 2001 , Wooten was indicted on four counts of tax evasion , for the years 1995 to 1998 . His defense in 2004 involved many implausible assertions. He claimed, for example, that the Internal Revenue Service is a debt collector based in Puerto Rico . He also used esoteric and arcane tax protester literature.
The court ordered a competency evaluation and postponed the trial.
On May 4 , 2005 , Future Man pleaded guilty to one count of tax evasion; however, his reason for not paying taxes was, "I don't need to pay taxes, I'm from the future." He was sentenced on August 8 of 2005 to two years probation and was ordered to pay $131,000 in back taxes .
gangajas is offline   Reply With Quote