Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > General Discussion > General Chat

General Chat General chat about anything that doesn't fit in another section here

Old 09-28-2008, 12:25 PM   #16
Mattk
Regular User

The issue is, this brings focus on his own relative lack of experience.
Exactly. In fact, I'd argue that Palin is considerably more qualified to be president than Obama if we look at experience.
Old 09-28-2008, 10:50 PM   #17
Spiffu
Regular User

This pretty much shows the experience showing up on Palin

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=40f_1222465239

If you say you could understand what the hell she was talking about, you are about as blind as a blind follower can get.

It's an 06 dammit!
Spiffu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2008, 11:12 PM   #18
nthfinity
Regular User

Originally Posted by Spiffu View Post
This pretty much shows the experience showing up on Palin

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=40f_1222465239

If you say you could understand what the hell she was talking about, you are about as blind as a blind follower can get.
How, substantively, are you showing us you aren't the same blind man on the opposing side?
Old 09-28-2008, 11:22 PM   #19
Spiffu
Regular User

I can reply to PM's.

It's an 06 dammit!
Old 09-28-2008, 11:28 PM   #20
nthfinity
Regular User

Red face

I can reply to PM's.
Ah, seems your panties are in a bunch. Some people get workloads that are more important, so I'll review that soon. That said; private messages are just that. Private.

Revert to said question:

Substantively, how is it you aren't just a blind follower of rhetoric?
Old 09-29-2008, 12:11 AM   #21
79TA
Regular User

Originally Posted by SHIZL View Post
they both didnt answer the real question about the economy crisis and will continue to dodge that because thats one of the focal points for me, as far as the winner there wasnt a clear cut winner for me, me i really dont care about crooks (politicians).
The dissappointing thing is that that is a reoccurring theme in all of the stuff I have watched lately no matter how insightful the experts were.

Sooo, are we trying politics here again? So far so good I guess.
79TA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2008, 12:41 AM   #22
Spiffu
Regular User

Substantively, how is it you aren't just a blind follower of rhetoric?
Well you're jumping a few steps, I haven't stated I'm following anything. I am simply posting a video of a woman up for election for vice president of the united states that is babbling incoherent non-sense and I think that if any person that tries to rationalize said non-sense is a "blind follower" of her and her party.

The fact you're getting defensive about this would suggest you are a fan of the woman's party.

It's an 06 dammit!
Old 09-29-2008, 12:51 AM   #23
RC45
Regular User

duplicate

Last edited by RC45; 09-29-2008 at 12:57 AM.
RC45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2008, 12:57 AM   #24
RC45
Regular User

Why is that Cafferty nutjob allowed to sit and spew party politics on a news show?

He is not a journalists arse.

If he wants to support a particular party he should register as a PAC and get of the television and take his partisan politicing on the road.

I am simply posting a video of a woman up for election for vice president of the united states that is babbling incoherent non-sense and I think that if any person that tries to rationalize said non-sense is a "blind follower" of her and her party.
She was actually trying to reply to Katie's question - a prett stupid quesion in and of itself - what country is going to give 700 billion dollars to tax payers "to shore up the financial markets".

People spending like soccer moms on a credit card binge wont sprevent all the people who over borrowed from going belly up.

The question was an obvious setup.

Her reply tried to cover way to much ground - and it was only a few sentences into her answer she realised that the question was a setup.
RC45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 07:23 PM   #25
10000rpmlover
Regular User

it is amazing to switch channels to see the same story being portrayed as a win by republicans (fox news) then as a win by democrats (CNN) and then some kind of scientology bull (MSNBC)

why in the heck are news networks so biased? I know there are interests at hand but the integrity of the news should not be compromised, so they said Fox ran a poll in which Palin came out as winner, then CNN polls and they get the opposite, MSNBC polls and they get the majority as undecided and then they preach for about an hour about the virtues of the spirit and how it is bad to choose the candidates...

twin turbo, AWD, AWS, 6spd, drop dead gorgeous, what's not to like? mitsubishi should go back and make these again
10000rpmlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 07:26 PM   #26
HeilSvenska
Regular User

Originally Posted by 10000rpmlover View Post
it is amazing to switch channels to see the same story being portrayed as a win by republicans (fox news) then as a win by democrats (CNN) and then some kind of scientology bull (MSNBC)
^Meh. It sounds like everything is as should be.
Old 10-06-2008, 08:07 PM   #27
gobs3z
Regular User

Originally Posted by 10000rpmlover View Post

why in the heck are news networks so biased? I know there are interests at hand but the integrity of the news should not be compromised, so they said Fox ran a poll in which Palin came out as winner, then CNN polls and they get the opposite, MSNBC polls and they get the majority as undecided and then they preach for about an hour about the virtues of the spirit and how it is bad to choose the candidates...
Yeah they're biased in one way or the other, but when there is only one poll saying the opposite as others (FOX) doesn't that give a hint as to which one is obviously more biased than others.

http://voices.kansascity.com/node/2299

Who Won VP Debate: A Review of Polls with October 3 pm update
by George Harris
Kansas City Star
Readers Advisory Panel 2008

update October 3 5:15 pm

Two additional polls to report:
Survey USA Biden 51% Palin 32%
Undecided 17%
MediaCurves.com tracked independent voters, showing them breaking to Biden 67% to Palin 33%.
Original report:
Random and non-random polls for the vice presidential debate declare Biden the winner over Palin in the vice-presidential debate.
Non-random (unscientific) polls on AOL and MSNBC web sites show Biden winning 48 to 45 and 78.6 to 18.9 respectively.
Randomly selected subjects on three other polls also show Biden winning:
CNN/Opinion Research Biden 51 Palin 36
CBS Biden 46 Palin 21
Fox Biden 61 Palin 39
In the CBS poll, of the uncommitted voters, 18% now say they will vote Obama/Biden, 10% now say McCain/Palin.
Post-debate reaction seemed to agree that Governor Palin gave a good account of herself in being able to deliver prepared answers, though often not responsive to the question at hand.
Biden was able to draw on extensive experience from his long experience as a Senator.
I was surprised that Palin's charm did not work better than the poll results showed. But she likely was weighed down by Saturday Night Live parodies and interviews earlier in the week with CBS's Couric. By the time of the debate, people knew that she is not ready for the presidency and saw through her efforts to appear that she was with canned responses.
The issue from the Thursday night debate ultimately is not about Palin but about McCain's judgment in selecting someone with so little qualification for national office.
The McCain/Palin ticket will likely drop into attack gear for the remainder of the campaign in a last ditch effort to stop Obama and Biden. I think it's likely to become really ugly but hope that McCain chooses instead to recover some of his dignity as Palin did in a good effort Thursday night.

"If we could read the secret histories of our enemies, we would find in each story enough sorrow and suffering to disarm all hostility." Longfellow
gobs3z is offline   Reply With Quote