Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Television and Movies > Favourite TV Shows and Movies

Favourite TV Shows and Movies This is the place to discuss you favourite TV Shows and Movies

Old 03-12-2005, 11:45 PM   #1
antonioledesma
Regular User

Default Bad Movies Channel

LONDON (Reuters) - Late-night TV watchers in search of hilariously terrible movies like "Plan 9 From Outer Place" can put down their remote controls as a new UK channel promises to gather them in one place.

The Bad Movies channel is set to debut in April on the Sky satellite service with a screening of Ed Wood's 1959 science fiction flop "Plan 9," which is widely considered one of the worst movies ever made.

The channel initially will run from 9 p.m. through 9 a.m. and feature other such classics as the 1953 mystery "Death Goes to School" and the 1962 drama "Dangerous Charter."
Camp horror and other low-budget films have become something of a global cult obsession, inspiring modern remakes like Daryl Hannah's 1993 turn in "Attack of the 50-Foot Woman," TV shows like "Mystery Science Theater 3000" and books on the subject, including "Bad Movies We Love."

"We haven't analyzed it too deeply," said Ashley Faull, founder director of Sit-Up Ltd., the TV company behind the channel.

"We just think there's a gap for ad-funded channels on Sky and you have to do something relatively different when competing for late-night viewers," he said Friday.

Film and TV critic Paul Ross, the brother of comedian and broadcaster Jonathan Ross, will introduce the movies.

In the 9 a.m. to 9 p.m. slot, Sit-Up is planning to run the female-targeted Matinee channel with more highly regarded movies, including the comedies "Carry On Admiral" and "The Pickwick Papers."
ondon-based Sit-Up already operates three shopping channels on British TV
Excellent!! you lucky british. of course I can't see it. But it should be great to see all those kind of movies. I'll send them copies of tons and tons of mexican movies
antonioledesma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2005, 11:50 PM   #2
ZfrkS62
Regular User

LOL, those old ass b-movies are a riot. My stepdad loves em. For Christmas one year i got him "The Brain that wouldn't Die" He watched it for like 3 weeks straight and i got an earfull from my mom for it

my carbon footprint is bigger than yours
ZfrkS62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2005, 12:07 AM   #3
ZfrkS62
Regular User

/\ not uless he did sci-fi movies

Old 03-13-2005, 12:07 AM   #4
antonioledesma
Regular User

Originally Posted by brembo
Originally Posted by ZfrkS62
LOL, those old ass b-movies are a riot. My stepdad loves em. For Christmas one year i got him "The Brain that wouldn't Die" He watched it for like 3 weeks straight and i got an earfull from my mom for it
So a Chuck Norris dvd box set would be the best present ever for your stepdad then?
any sly stallone, arnold, seagal, and 90% of burt reynolds
Old 03-13-2005, 12:12 AM   #5
ZfrkS62
Regular User

90% of burt reynolds
you leave the Bandit out of this

Old 03-13-2005, 12:15 AM   #6
nthfinity
Regular User

^^^^
hmm cannonball run 2 anyone?

i wonder if this 'bad movies' channel will have every single movie found on the TV series 'mystery science theatre 3000' ??? those were some of the best bad movies ive ever seen! (yet somehow, i never once saw hitchhikers' guide on that program... must be because it was a good film )
Old 03-13-2005, 01:55 AM   #7
antonioledesma
Regular User

I'm guessing each one of us has a couple of bad movies that you like to see.
maybe a couple will chose frankenstein vs the werewolf, or dracula meets godzilla, but I have to pick the wrestle movies from mexico: Santo vs the guanajuato mommies, etc

Old 03-13-2005, 02:00 AM   #8
graywolf624
Regular User

any sly stallone, arnold, seagal,
I can see my tastes are a bit different then some around here.

Of course, the last academy award winning movie I saw in a theater was the only movie I ever walked out of.. So what do I know.

*In case your wondering, the movie was traffic. I thought the producer had to be on crack to switch scenes every few mins like they did.. I guess I'm just not artsy enough.
graywolf624 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2005, 02:15 AM   #9
ZfrkS62
Regular User

but I have to pick the wrestle movies from mexico: Santo vs the guanajuato mommies, etc
why is it Mexican wrestlers all wear masks? this has always confused me

Old 03-13-2005, 02:17 AM   #10
antonioledesma
Regular User

Originally Posted by graywolf624
any sly stallone, arnold, seagal,
I can see my tastes are a bit different then some around here.

Of course, the last academy award winning movie I saw in a theater was the only movie I ever walked out of.. So what do I know.

*In case your wondering, the movie was traffic. I thought the producer had to be on crack to switch scenes every few mins like they did.. I guess I'm just not artsy enough.
oops, sorry, it was a joke. Of course the movies from the mentioned actors aren't the type for all persons, but b-movies are worse even if I watch them just to laugh

Originally Posted by ZfrkS62
but I have to pick the wrestle movies from mexico: Santo vs the guanajuato mommies, etc
why is it Mexican wrestlers all wear masks? this has always confused me
why do american wrestlers are so theatrical??
now, cutting the bad jokes, it's because they want to hide their face (duh, of course), but most of these persons started very young, at 12-14 years old, and their parents would not allow them to wrestle, so what they did?
hide their face
also because you can always buy a mask and be that wrestler.

if you can answer me... why did the lone ranger used a mask?
Old 03-13-2005, 02:29 AM   #11
ZfrkS62
Regular User

because american "wrestlers" are attention whores

and it's because he was hiding his identy since he was respected by the local police, but the Lone Ranger was considered a criminal (?)

Old 03-13-2005, 02:37 AM   #12
Fleischmann
Regular User

I''ll send them all the films that are based on Polish literature (they suck). Together with a set of the Star Wars series
Old 03-13-2005, 08:38 AM   #13
dominiquelee
Regular User

Excellent!! you lucky british. of course I can't see it. But it should be great to see all those kind of movies. I'll send them copies of tons and tons of mexican movies
whats funniest is 'sky' is a pay to view sattelite service, so know they expect people to pay to watch the worst shit ever, to go with all the other channels of shit they carrry...

they aren't getting my money
dominiquelee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2005, 02:14 PM   #14
antonioledesma
Regular User

Originally Posted by Dan\/6
whats funniest is 'sky' is a pay to view sattelite service, so know they expect people to pay to watch the worst shit ever, to go with all the other channels of shit they carrry...

they aren't getting my money
I'm guessing that is the same company that offers satellite tv, also sky (great guess, don'tcha?) and it's full of shit. One religious channel, esoteric, a latin for the ppl that live un USA, and... omg, so much shit
If a girl likes to watch creamy, rose, sentimental and romantic films, which are the worst movies to me, I sometimes like to see some b-movies.
Old 03-14-2005, 03:23 PM   #15
antonioledesma
Regular User

now on a saturday afternoon you can says only shit and bad movies are on the tv
and with my current selection of channels and their programs, I surely watch the b-movies