Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > General Discussion > General Chat

General Chat General chat about anything that doesn't fit in another section here

Old 09-07-2005, 12:52 PM   #1
1zippo1
Regular User

Default Vacation posponed because of car probs(Opel sucks)

I wanted to tell you about what happend the last couple of days.

My parents would normally have departed at 1 after midnight to Umbrië (Italy). But because my dads car is broken down (an Opel Omega 2.2 DTi from 2001) they have to wait till tomorrow night. The things that annoys me most is the attitude of our Opel dealership.

Two years ago my parents have had big problems and expenses because the engine exploded (sort of). We had an Opel garanty that should have granted us help wherever we where, but it didn't. Opel refused to do anything or to pay the expenses of the car transport to Belgium or the cost of the plane ticket. My parents were lucky that my uncle has a car transport firm, otherwise it would have been much harder. Opel later concluded that it was a production fault that occured more often. The motor doesn't even has to be stressed to do this... The engine replacement was on costs of Opel.

A week ago my dad had a big checkup done at the Opel dealership. But he had to bring it back in after noticing that the motor was working unregularly. So the day before yesterday my dad brought it to the dealership and heard that it was the motor managment system, which costs 1000 euro. He then stressed that it was very important that the problem would be fixed before tonight and that it wasn't very professional that OPel didn't notice the problem during the big check-up. Today they assured my dad that the car would be fixed by 2 pm. It wasn't however because they had replaced the motor managment system only to notice that it was the fuel injection system that was broken and not the motor managment system, so they will need another day to fix that.

Now, my dad is far from sure that he will have his car by tomorrow. The Opel dealership isn't making any effort to help out (for instance give a Opel Vectra). He could rent a Audi A4 Avant (for the soft price of 250euro a month) from the Audi dealership where he ordered his A6 (which we should have had the 1st august but we still have to to wait for 3-4weeks). The A4 would be nice, but is much smaller (120liter less bagage space for instance). After they return on holiday I could drive around in the A4 however, since we would then have 3 cars...

I don't know how this is going to end (they can't garantee that the car will be ready by tomorrow), but Opel service absofuckingbloodylootly sucks bigtime. The Audi A6 is late, but at least they show some sign of making some effort for you.
1zippo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2005, 03:23 PM   #2
liveseytowers
Regular User

Sounds like a ball ache Again, I hope my Vauxhall dealer offers me a better service when my engine inevitably goes
liveseytowers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2005, 05:33 PM   #3
ARMAN
Regular User

That sux to hear Zippo Some dealres are rude sometimes thinking that name of the company means everything, happend to us in Opel here too, but it was a different case. They lost a BIG client anyway. Change brand

.................................................. .............................
"...free your mind and the body will follow..." - THE MATRIX
ARMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2005, 06:11 PM   #4
1zippo1
Regular User

Originally Posted by ARMAN
That sux to hear Zippo Some dealres are rude sometimes thinking that name of the company means everything, happend to us in Opel here too, but it was a different case. They lost a BIG client anyway. Change brand
Well, same here. The last two cars my dad had were Opels, two times the Omega (2.5TD & now the 2.2DTi). If Opel wants to sell cars in that class IMO it has to offer some better support or they'll loose a lot of potential customers to brands like Audi, Volvo. And I think this has happend in the past and will continue in the future. They're fitting that fantastic 2.7 biturbo to the Peugeot 607, well I wound have big doubts if I was looking for a car like that.
1zippo1 is offline   Reply With Quote