Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > General Discussion > General Chat

General Chat General chat about anything that doesn't fit in another section here

Old 04-08-2009, 10:21 AM   #16
Strop
Regular User

^^ Really strange, got any pics?...if it is for real, the car should be a ER34 25gt, but its still very cheap.

My opinion: Don't send this guy money without seeing the car personally. I know how you feel, but if you really wants this car you should go check it out, or ask a friend that live close to do it.

Try to send him another email saying that you will visit him and buy the car...lets see what the seller has to say.
Strop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 11:26 AM   #17
nthfinity
Regular User

Originally Posted by 10000rpmlover View Post
UPDATE UPDATE guy just sent me an email

ello,
I am sorry for the late reply.
The car is still for sale. It has a clean title, very well maintained, no exterior damages and no mechanical problems, i don't smoke, no leaks, brakes are 80% left, oil was changed 500miles ago. The A/C blow ice cold, and the heat works fine. I'm asking $3500 for it, not negotiable. I have to to sell this car as fast as I can because in three weeks I will be in Iraq and I think I'll stay there for a while that's why I'm selling it so cheap. Currently I'm in Naval Air Station Kingsville, Texas and the car is here with me. I can ship for free within US if you want to buy it. Let me know what you decide ASAP.
You'll love the car, I can guarantee you that!
Thank you.

3500???? OH SHI....

is this legit? ad first said the car was in Jersey, now it's in texas? how does he expect me to pay? is this nuts to send him money? WTF I really want this car, now he even says there is no damage while his original ad said damage
ask him to snap a shot of the VIN with a copy of today's newspaper. I smell something, and it's rank.
Old 04-08-2009, 12:14 PM   #18
10000rpmlover
Regular User

Originally Posted by nthfinity View Post
ask him to snap a shot of the VIN with a copy of today's newspaper. I smell something, and it's rank.

I just sent him an email saying that I was so interested I would make the trip to texas this weekend (ticket would cost me 289) and that I would go to the base and see the car and buy it, I am still awaiting a response, but like you all said smells rank, I got his name at least so far, didn't think of the picture with the vin but I did ask him why is it there are only 2 dodgy pics for the car, if he wanted to sell it so bad he should have taken lots of pics, it's a skyline so I am sure tons of people would have been interested

one more thing, the phone number he listed as his, has an area code from Florida, the car was supposed to in NJ, now it's in texas and I get an old lady answering machine when I call the number now

twin turbo, AWD, AWS, 6spd, drop dead gorgeous, what's not to like? mitsubishi should go back and make these again
10000rpmlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 12:40 PM   #19
RC45
Regular User

Where in Texas?

zip?
RC45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 12:56 PM   #20
10000rpmlover
Regular User

Originally Posted by RC45 View Post
Where in Texas?

zip?
he says it's kingsville

one thing that bothers me is that if he is at some "naval air station" that means he is a sailor right? that I know of, sailors hang around on ships on deployment, not on land in Iraq, unless he is a marine, but I'd expect a US marine to be a person of honor and not make all of this seem like a huge scam

twin turbo, AWD, AWS, 6spd, drop dead gorgeous, what's not to like? mitsubishi should go back and make these again
Old 04-08-2009, 01:22 PM   #21
RC45
Regular User

Kingvsvill eis near Corpus, so I am sure its a legite Naval address - is it a legite sale - who knows?

Thats why I say offer to use an escrow agent (or your choice) that will hold the funds and title, you will see if its legite real quick.

I will be driving past Kingsville on Monday on my way to Brownsville, so tell him somebody is coming to view the car.

If it is a scam I migh tjust bring the DPS with me and we can get someone to be arrested
RC45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 01:49 PM   #22
nthfinity
Regular User

one more thing, the phone number he listed as his, has an area code from Florida, the car was supposed to in NJ, now it's in texas and I get an old lady answering machine when I call the number now
Nigerian or not, that is a typical scam MO... get somebody to "fall in love" over the net... and be their answering service... and/or this person is just as in on the scam as the scammer.

http://www.fordgtforum.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=14801
recent attempted scam... a 100k no stories FGT? riiiiight. If it's too good to be true...
Old 04-08-2009, 02:45 PM   #23
HeilSvenska
Regular User

he says it's kingsville

one thing that bothers me is that if he is at some "naval air station" that means he is a sailor right? that I know of, sailors hang around on ships on deployment, not on land in Iraq, unless he is a marine, but I'd expect a US marine to be a person of honor and not make all of this seem like a huge scam
There are stories (maybe just stories, and nothing substantial) of military personnel buying cars oversees and shipping them back only to find out that it's illegal here.

Then again, it could also be part of the scam. I say if you are really committed to it, then ask for more info, VIN and photos like the guys above me asked. You can also ask for specific pictures that only he could take if he had the car, like how on JW/MW, they made you take custom pics when posting on "What you drive" section. And ask how he expects to be paid. Online? Credit card? Checks? Etc... Don't be rash. It really does smell fishy.

I'd just walk away though. Not worth the trouble. No one who owns a legit R34 wouldn't know how much it would be worth. And we all know it's worth more than $3500.
Old 04-09-2009, 08:42 AM   #24
10000rpmlover
Regular User

well as heart broken as I am right now, the guy has not answered my email about me going to see the car, the phone number he gives leads to a granny that had no idea why I was calling and leaving her messages, matter of fact she can't even drive so why would she even have a car? she asked me not to call her anymore and I feel so bad about it I want to send her some flowers

it seems all the weird crap happens to me, I talked to the wife today, she says it's actualy my money that I have been saving for a long time for a new car so I can do as I please with it, but if I buy anything italian she will have a fit... (there goes my 355 dream) so I guess it's back to waiting for that camaro SS

Old 04-09-2009, 12:16 PM   #25
nthfinity
Regular User

so I guess it's back to waiting for that camaro SS
Deliveries have already started...
Old 04-10-2009, 09:09 PM   #26
10000rpmlover
Regular User

Originally Posted by nthfinity View Post
Deliveries have already started...
thanx, did not know that, however the dealership i put my name onto in order to get one is only getting nine V6 models until July, then they will get SS and RS models (LT also) one SS model has been pre ordered for me already, I just dropped the cash today to be sure, thing is I may have to go custom for the exhaust since so far I see no full systems available, the dealer guys told me something I had no idea about, but this may just be BS from them, a hennesy turbo kit for the camaro... now I think I will be plenty happy with the SS power level but... a camaro with a turbo... that may just be obscene to think about I must contain my excitement, this is gonna be my first new car in 15 years