Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > General Discussion > General Chat

General Chat General chat about anything that doesn't fit in another section here

Old 10-01-2009, 07:29 PM   #1
10000rpmlover
Regular User

Default Going to be in Japan for a week

I have missed Japan very much, my time spent there was amazing for me and my family, after 4 years and an ill conceived stint at GM corporate offices, I am now where I want to be, in the middle of fresh, ingenuity driven, hard working and motivated people, while my wife is not all that happy about me going to the other side of the world without her, I can tell you that I will do my best to drive the wheels off off whatever they put in front of me although this is more of an exchange as we will be bringing a couple things with us to show them and they of course may have a few things for us, I have already secured rental of a Nissan GTR for my stay and my hotel is on the outskirts of Shinjuku, if you know Japan, this is best, you don't wanna stay in the middle of Tokyo at all, furthermore, I think I will have a very good time, I need to find a way to produce myself a Jeremy Clarkson mask, for I plan to do the same thing to him as he did Bill Oddy. I leave tomorrow so if I don't come in for a few days I may be a bit busy, after all this is work.

twin turbo, AWD, AWS, 6spd, drop dead gorgeous, what's not to like? mitsubishi should go back and make these again
10000rpmlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2009, 04:49 AM   #2
ae86_16v
Regular User

Awesome man. I just came back from Japan too earlier this month. We stayed at Shinjuku as well. What a great country and place to visit. It is very fast moving though. People there are so nice and even though most don't speak very much English, a lot will try their best to help you.

Yeah, I know exactly what you mean about missing it. It is such a great place to visit. I can't wait for my next trip back!

Have a great trip and take some cool pictures for us!
ae86_16v is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2009, 06:05 AM   #3
enzoferrari
Regular User

Careful with the GTR and the LC lol,have fun an take some pics for us.
Old 10-09-2009, 02:45 AM   #4
10000rpmlover
Regular User

just arrived home, exactly about 4 minutes ago, will be here until tuesday and then head back to japan for another week, I have been sworn to secrecy but I did see some amazing stuff, can't comment on it but I will comment on the GTR, what an amazing gadget of a car, it doesn't feel as quick as I thought, but maybe that is the modded FD and vr4 that got me spoiled, I was able to take a trip to a remote village and you bet I did some mountain blasting with the GTR, next week I am going to be in a hydrogen car

twin turbo, AWD, AWS, 6spd, drop dead gorgeous, what's not to like? mitsubishi should go back and make these again
10000rpmlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009, 09:09 AM   #5
nthfinity
Regular User

Very cool mate Thats definitely not a typical Japan tourist story!