Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Hobbies and Leisure Time > Computers, Consoles, Gadgets And Gizmos

Old 04-05-2004, 12:34 AM   #1
bmwfreak
Regular User

Default Bored with a digicam. Here's my setup at home.

Nothing fancy. JUst a PC, hooked up to my TV so i can watch those DVD Ripps in near cinematic immersion. My sound system for listening to music and small stuff is an Altec Lansing AVS300B, whilst for DVDs on the TV, or Satellite TV, I use the big screen and the Sony Truvox next to it. It has something like 2500Ws or soemthing like that. The TV's an old 29-inch Panasonic QuintrixF. Ot does have a flat screen though, but i do have problems with banding on the screen from my satellite TV sometimes. There's a PS2 in there as well, on a vertical stand that doubles as a multi-tap, with integrated DVD RC receiver. My PC specs arent too impressive.

MSI i875P NEO-FIS2R
MSI NVIDIA GeForce FX5600 w/ VIVO & 128 Mb DDR RAM
1024 MB DDR400 RAM from Kingston
LG L1510S LCD monitor (anyone willing to sell me a 17 inch one, regardless of brand, for peanuts?)
Logitech Cordless Freedom Optical
Creative Webcam NX Pro
some el cheapo casing with 4 fans and a 400W PSU (it cost only 10 pounds, apparently)
120GB Maxtor MaxDiamond9 PLus SATA. No, not in RAID, dont have enough money to get another HDD yet, although i plan to get a 250GB one, SATA, probably WD, later on.

There we go, bored on a monday morning here in Kuching, Malaysia.

^Home.

///M

God's gift to the driver.
bmwfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2004, 01:00 AM   #2
PATo355
Regular User

Nice setup man , i had the same TV but 25 inches , called TAU here , i notice that you get 3 drives in your pc , dvd prolly , cd and cdrw ?

Also i see a RENU near the monitor , so you use contact lenses !!!, not really strange if you sit down too close to the monitors

"It changes direction like a fly, grips like a barnacle and goes like a jet fighter on combat power" ( Lambo Gallardo ) .JC.
PATo355 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2004, 01:02 AM   #3
PATo355
Regular User

BTW ... those Sony speakers are not sealed , so putting them too close to the Tv will break it , so it will do with the playstation , even if you put them at the side of the Hard disk it can void the data

"It changes direction like a fly, grips like a barnacle and goes like a jet fighter on combat power" ( Lambo Gallardo ) .JC.
PATo355 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2004, 01:24 AM   #4
bmwfreak
Regular User

Oh, i forgot to mention, i'm not using Sony Speakers, because I'm using Samsung sealed ones. that do NOT fuck up my TV's display, etc etc. Yes I use contacts, but only to play football, or a night out to fish for ladies (=. I am staying true to my geeky nature with my glasses most of the time. As for the 3 drives, funny story with that. In order, from top to bottom, CD-ROM, CD-ROM, DVD-ROM. When i got the DVD drive, i wanted to remove the CDROM, but the screws got stuck, and all the 'teeth' on the screws just got ground off from my efforts to remove it. So it remains stuck there. It IS an el cheapo casing, and i hope to get a better one soon. Any recommendations?

^Home.

///M

God's gift to the driver.
bmwfreak is offline   Reply With Quote