Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > General Discussion > What You Saw Today

What You Saw Today Got a camera or camcorder ?? Why not put it to good use and show us what you have captured with it today !!!

Old 11-18-2004, 09:54 PM   #1
ZfrkS62
Regular User

Default 11-18 My day went from eh to HHOOLLEEE SHEEETT!!!!

ok, so today was going alright. nothing to really complain about, like any other day. about 3:30 or so, this kid rolls in with his E46 M3 (he wasn't much older than me) . I don't know what he brought it for, but my coworker informs me a few minutes later that the kids dad has a 550 Maranello and would be bringing it by next week to see if we could get the Flat Tire Monitor system to initialize. He tells me that its an older 550 (i didn't think they have been around that long so i'm thinking its a late 90's model, who cares, it's a Ferrari!!)

So i'm hoping at this point the guy brings it before Wednsday since i'm flying home for Turkey Day As i take a seat at the computer to close out a ticket, he comes back and says "I don't want to alarm you, but that old 550...yeeaaahhh...it's actually an '04 575."

It took me a few minutes to get the look of shock off my face and scrape my jaw off the floor. After accomplishing that, i went to work on the 740 that i had ordered parts for yesterday. Only a few minutes went by when i noticed everyone walking out of the shop. Sooo...being the curious monkey i am, i poke my head out to see what all the hubbub is about. This is the sight i was greeted with:

:shocked!: nfire: :shocked!:

I am SOOOOOOOO glad i started taking my camera to work. I will probably never see this car again! I am also currently playing cat and mouse with a yellow Gallardo that is sneaking around town. It also pulled up to the dealer a little while back. I guess it's owner is friends with the Mercedes service advisor. I need to find it before he trades it to Ferrari when he takes delivery of his 430 that he has on order Must be nice huh?

my carbon footprint is bigger than yours
ZfrkS62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2004, 10:02 PM   #2
nurbrun
Regular User

thats pretty awsome dude! i like the use of smilies
Old 11-18-2004, 10:03 PM   #3
SilviaEvo
Regular User

:vamp: :vamp: :vamp:
Can't wait to see more pics if you do find that Gallardo take pics!!! the color is quite nice though i would prefer Rosso Corsa. if that was my dad id beg him for a 360
Old 11-18-2004, 10:05 PM   #4
ZfrkS62
Regular User

oh, i forgot to add this little fact: The Gallardo owner bought it to drive in the meantime while he waited for his 430 to be built and shipped. i don't know if that makes him cool or sick. either way i'm jealous

Old 11-18-2004, 10:11 PM   #5
nurbrun
Regular User

Originally Posted by ZfrkS62
oh, i forgot to add this little fact: The Gallardo owner bought it to drive in the meantime while he waited for his 430 to be built and shipped. i don't know if that makes him cool or sick. either way i'm jealous
pffff rich people
Old 11-18-2004, 10:15 PM   #6
SilviaEvo
Regular User

Originally Posted by nurbrun
pffff rich people
i want to buy a whole bunch of supercars for Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday and a lot more for leisure
Old 11-18-2004, 10:17 PM   #7
ZfrkS62
Regular User

Originally Posted by nurbrun
pffff rich people
no kidding. after seeing that car, working on 745s and 760s seems like workng on Mustang GTs...80's vintage.

Old 11-18-2004, 10:58 PM   #8
raphaelws

I love this Ferrari.. "It's just so Beautifully designed"