Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > General Discussion > What You Saw Today

What You Saw Today Got a camera or camcorder ?? Why not put it to good use and show us what you have captured with it today !!!

Old 07-24-2004, 01:36 AM   #1
sameerrao
Regular User

Default Houston: Meet up with RC45 - 7/23/04

I met up with Paul (RC45) this evening at a slot car store in Houston. He successfully converted me over to the dark side and I bought my first slot car (Yes TT, I will post the picture ).

I had a nice time talking to some car nuts there. A relief for me -I come across as weird amongst most of my friends who look at my passion for cars and F1 as something really odd..

Later on I took some pictures of our cars together - RC's Z06 and my S4. The shots were taken at night time so please excuse..

Parking lights on ...

Lights off ...

Headlights on ...

check out the 5 point harness and the camera mount.

The sound of his engine is awesome - he has some straightpipes and a custom exhaust. I had my engine up to 6200 rpm but could not hear anything next to his "mouse motor".

RC - sorry for the delay in posting - I was watching the 1994 F1 Decade race after i reached home...

"Tazio Nuvolari - The greatest driver of the past, the present and the future" - Ferdinand Porsche
sameerrao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2004, 02:02 AM   #2
oscargarza88
Regular User

hey sounds like fun! i would liked to have seen his car... and no driving around just talkin?
oscargarza88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2004, 02:04 AM   #3
sameerrao
Regular User

No we talked about doing a drive down some interesting roads in the Northwest area. You are of course cordially invited....

"Tazio Nuvolari - The greatest driver of the past, the present and the future" - Ferdinand Porsche
Old 07-24-2004, 03:02 AM   #4
oscargarza88
Regular User

well trust me ill love to go but i dont think they will let me....
ill just have ot stick with pics and vids hopefully untill like a year hopefully.
ohh and btw do u know or someone else f there is a problem of me driving my car (legally) here in the US if the car is mexican, mexican insurance and i have a mexican licence?, and i have a like a permit 4 6 months to have the car over here. casue that in a way is keeping me from driving more...
yhanks 4 the invitation though!
oscargarza88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2004, 04:21 AM   #5
TT
Regular User

Nice to see you could meet up sounds like fun indeed!
Old 07-24-2004, 10:02 AM   #6
BADMIHAI
Regular User

Nice cars there (except for that slow POS 'Vette ). So how is RC in real life?
BADMIHAI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2004, 10:07 AM   #7
sameerrao
Regular User

Nice cars there (except for that slow POS 'Vette ). So how is RC in real life?
Aaah I thought someone might ask this question ... considering the banter going back and forth in on JW .... Well some of you may be disappointed to hear that he is very much human - a genuine car and electronics buff and a great guy. Though I don't think RC would like me to say this. He's got an image to protect.

Old 07-24-2004, 11:47 AM   #8
BADMIHAI
Regular User

Well some of you may be disappointed to hear that he is very much human - a genuine car and electronics buff and a great guy.
Just what I expected. Thanks. 8)
BADMIHAI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2004, 02:07 PM   #9
RC45
Regular User

Originally Posted by BADMIHAI
Well some of you may be disappointed to hear that he is very much human - a genuine car and electronics buff and a great guy.
Just what I expected. Thanks. 8)
Bad, not to worry - the dark shadows hid the red glow from my neck. Next time I will make sure that someone gets it on film...
RC45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2004, 02:10 PM   #10
RC45
Regular User

Sameer - nice to meet with a fellow auto-enthusiast. I think you can see how converting a die-cast collection to slots let you enjoy, see and drive your miniatures.
RC45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2004, 07:30 PM   #11
nthfinity
Regular User

i have a die cast car, and love it... im goint to have to look into this slot car thing