Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > General Discussion > What You Saw Today

What You Saw Today Got a camera or camcorder ?? Why not put it to good use and show us what you have captured with it today !!!

Old 10-30-2005, 11:52 PM   #1
gobs3z
Regular User

Default My Uncles Cars (427 Cobra, 58 Jag XK, 54 F-100, and more)

I actually took these about 4 months ago, but havn't gotten around to posting them.

This is my uncles 427 Cobra, it's a kit car, but it fits the original down to the single lug wheels (if that's what they are called), he took me for a ride in it and it's been my dream car ever since. (it actually was before that, but this set it in stone.)

Here's is what i think is a 1958 XK150 Jag Coupe, if i'm wrong please let me know. I never asked him what it was because i was only asking about the Cobra.

An original 1954 F-100

A work in progress, this an American V-8 out of a mid 70's Caddilac, and this picture is of it resting in a Triumph TR-2, i can't wait till he finishes this one. It's about 180hp, but i'm sure the sound will be great!

I'm not sure what Triumph motorcycle this is, but it's still a good looking bike.

"If we could read the secret histories of our enemies, we would find in each story enough sorrow and suffering to disarm all hostility." Longfellow
gobs3z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2005, 12:22 AM   #2
ferrarif1fan89
Regular User

i <3 the jag.
Old 10-31-2005, 03:07 PM   #3
goldfinger147
Regular User

I hate when people put crappy american engines in triumphs and Austin Healeys and other nice cars.
Old 10-31-2005, 03:41 PM   #4
RC45
Regular User

Originally Posted by goldfinger147
I hate when people put crappy american engines in triumphs and Austin Healeys and other nice cars.
Funny... that's what was needed to make the AC Ace a winner..
RC45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2005, 04:23 PM   #5
D_Type
Regular User

Your uncle's jag is a XK 140 FHC (Fixed Head Coupe)

The XK 150 has a wider radiator grill :
Old 10-31-2005, 06:24 PM   #6
gobs3z
Regular User

Well first off it's a kit car, so a real triumph body isn't going to "waist". And the engine is out of my grandfathers cadillac that was uselessly sitting in a barn, and this was a good oppertunity to put two great things together. And watch your language when saying "crappy american" engines, like RC said, the Cobra as well as the GT40 is proof of how "crappy american" engines can be used with great success.

"If we could read the secret histories of our enemies, we would find in each story enough sorrow and suffering to disarm all hostility." Longfellow
gobs3z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2005, 06:36 PM   #7
D_Type
Regular User

Originally Posted by gobs3z
Well first off it's a kit car, so a real triumph body isn't going to "waist". And the engine is out of my grandfathers cadillac that was uselessly sitting in a barn, and this was a good oppertunity to put two great things together. And watch your language when saying "crappy american" engines, like RC said, the Cobra as well as the GT40 is proof of how "crappy american" engines can be used with great success.
i'm with you