Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > General Discussion > General Chat

General Chat General chat about anything that doesn't fit in another section here

Old 08-21-2005, 07:44 PM   #1
nejcdolinsek
Regular User

Default Going to College!!!

Alright people... listen up:

I'm going to college in the UK this year, and I'd really like to hear some tips for college, and how life is as a college student. I'd especially like to hear from people from the UK...

Is college really the best time of your life? I've heard that many times by now....

Fire away!

P.S.: If you have any interesting stories, please share!
Old 08-21-2005, 07:56 PM   #2
graywolf624
Regular User

The best time of life is actually hs..back when you have not a care in the world. Though college is a step up from the real world of work.. lol.

Unless you have rich parents get use to living off cheap food and going to events just because of the free food.
Old 08-21-2005, 08:57 PM   #3
Anonymous

One thing i would say is distrust your landlord, hassle them until they do what they say they will!!

I'd say its better than school because you are forced to meet loads of new people, school well unless you move about you have a tendancy to be comfortable with a certain group you've grown up with, uni especially if far away is great for just finding out how many different people there are!
One good tip for you ASDA Smart Price

Tip number 2 never leave your ground floor window open all night Drunk people have a tendancy to throw things through it, my mate sam got a whole bush from the courtyard through his window while we were in there at 4am, funniest thing ever to 2 drunkards sat there, not for sam tho whose bed said bush had landed on Seriously though i hope you find the majority of brits nice, still get the ignorant pricks though alot of those drop out fairly early
Old 08-21-2005, 11:13 PM   #4
godspeed06
Regular User

yes, last year (my freshman year) was the best year of my life... by far. have a blast man.
godspeed06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2005, 02:27 AM   #5
nchs09

Originally Posted by graywolf624
The best time of life is actually hs..back when you have not a care in the world. Though college is a step up from the real world of work.. lol.

Unless you have rich parents get use to living off cheap food and going to events just because of the free food.
+1 hs was the SHIT.

now college is SHIT. freshman year is the best though cause tis so easy u can literally not go and pass. second and third different story.

i go back today @ 930 am its 230 and i cant sleep grrrr
Old 08-22-2005, 02:59 AM   #6
nchs09

Originally Posted by graywolf624

+1 hs was the SHIT.

now college is SHIT. freshman year is the best though cause tis so easy u can literally not go and pass. second and third different story.

i go back today @ 930 am its 230 and i cant sleep grrrr
Old 08-22-2005, 08:10 AM   #7
nejcdolinsek
Regular User

Originally Posted by AL123
One thing i would say is distrust your landlord, hassle them until they do what they say they will!!

I'd say its better than school because you are forced to meet loads of new people, school well unless you move about you have a tendancy to be comfortable with a certain group you've grown up with, uni especially if far away is great for just finding out how many different people there are!

Tip number 2 never leave your ground floor window open all night Drunk people have a tendancy to throw things through it, my mate sam got a whole bush from the courtyard through his window while we were in there at 4am, funniest thing ever to 2 drunkards sat there, not for sam tho whose bed said bush had landed on Seriously though i hope you find the majority of brits nice, still get the ignorant pricks though alot of those drop out fairly early
LOL, good story! Although I hope I'll never be the drunken bastard throwing shit into other people's place!

I'm sure brits are awesome people!!!! Can't wait to meet some!

BTW, whats the ASDA smart price??
Old 08-22-2005, 08:11 AM   #8
nejcdolinsek
Regular User

Originally Posted by godspeed06
yes, last year (my freshman year) was the best year of my life... by far. have a blast man.
Thanx man!
Old 08-22-2005, 08:36 AM   #9
Anonymous

Originally Posted by nejcdolinsek
Originally Posted by AL123

LOL, good story! Although I hope I'll never be the drunken bastard throwing shit into other people's place!

I'm sure brits are awesome people!!!! Can't wait to meet some!

BTW, whats the ASDA smart price??
ASDA are owned by wallmart, and are the cheapest supermarket generally, smart price is there budget range, 20p packets of rice etc
Old 08-25-2005, 03:50 AM   #10
pharzo
Regular User

Don't forget to shill out 130 quid for a TV license if you're gonna have one in your dorm

1000 pound fine if you don't :shock:

RC45 about the Z06:
It is also a cheaply made, fast to depreciate, badly service hunk of GM crap.
pharzo is offline   Reply With Quote