Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Television and Movies > Favourite TV Shows and Movies

Favourite TV Shows and Movies This is the place to discuss you favourite TV Shows and Movies

Old 06-23-2005, 02:08 AM   #1
T-Bird
Regular User

Default Beakfast Club

I haven't seen this movie in years then after seeing the tribute for it on MTV with Yellowcard's remake of Don't You Forget About Me and decided to go pick it up. Well basically I just realized this is one of the best movies I've ever seen yeah it has no giant fight scenes or explosions and it was a very small movie but it was brilliant in my honest opinion. John Hughes was a great film maker. I was wondering if anyone else shared my opinion about this classic movie.

(what's better is that it was made at a highschool not too far from me. It was also the school with the Hazing incident heard round the world.)
T-Bird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2005, 03:53 AM   #2
Ghostbat
Regular User

Most definetely. It's true classic IMO. Good acting, music and script. Today all movies are about big explosions and CGI and often they forget an intelligent plot.
Ghostbat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2005, 05:00 AM   #3
666fast
Regular User

It's alright, if it's on I'll sit down and watch it. Nothing says "must own" though.

Vernon: Now thats it! I'm gonna be right outside those doors. Next time I have to come in here, I'm crackin' skulls.
Old 06-23-2005, 12:23 PM   #4
sameerrao
Regular User

I liked this movie when I saw it the first time years back. I like it even more now. It is extremely well acted and directed movie. Great music also

"Tazio Nuvolari - The greatest driver of the past, the present and the future" - Ferdinand Porsche
sameerrao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2005, 02:11 PM   #5
blinkmeat
Regular User

A true classic for sure. That scene where Emilio does his "punch dancing" is 80's personified. Weird Science/Goonies are right up there for me too. Didn't John Hughs go on to write Home Alone?
blinkmeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2005, 05:29 PM   #6
callen
Regular User

meh tho Breakfast club is pretty good, and its a more of a thinking than a wham bam movie, still doesnt float much better than a ferrari if you ask me!