Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > General Discussion > What You Saw Today

What You Saw Today Got a camera or camcorder ?? Why not put it to good use and show us what you have captured with it today !!!

Old 07-26-2006, 10:54 AM   #16
dingo
Regular User

Originally Posted by RC45

You guys seem to forget it was not so long ago that YOU were excited about seeing a single exotic or snapping a single picture - but now that you have had ride-alongs and test-drives and photo-shoots etc you are upping the requirements and changing the rules.

That simply prevents others from rising to all y'alls lofty heights.

Remember the little guy as you sit up there in your ivory towers.
I STILL get excited seeing a single exotic or taking a single picture.

If you just happened to see the Exige on the street and got a picture then fine, but we all know you have more material than this so why not wait and post it all in one go once its ready?

Thats my point.

BTW, I only got some shitty wooden tower....no ivory around here.
Old 07-26-2006, 10:57 AM   #17
RC45
Regular User

Originally Posted by dingo
...but we all know you have more material than this so why not wait and post it all in one go once its ready?
I'm a lazy sob...

BTW, I only got some shitty wooden tower....no ivory around here.
Well - it's probably some fancy hardwood from Java.... I am on a cardboard box..
RC45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2006, 11:03 AM   #18
TT
Regular User

No need to start the usual flame war or endless discussion. But definitely, if putting a min # of pics will be a mistake, teaser topics are too common lately, so they just be un-allowed soon.
I did it too once or twice, but lately we sort of lost control and they are way too common

Not wanting to point the finger, but what about David, stmoriter teasing about the 6 Enzos and leaving for two weeks in Ibiza? You and nth got quite used to it too lately, so before it will go too far, let's just say we should stop teasers in here, period
Old 07-26-2006, 11:08 AM   #19
RC45
Regular User

Originally Posted by TT
No need to start the usual flame war or endless discussion. But definitely, if putting a min # of pics will be a mistake, teaser topics are too common lately, so they just be un-allowed soon.
I did it too once or twice, but lately we sort of lost control and they are way too common
What flame war?

Originally Posted by TT
This is a forum after all - if discussion can't take place then why have topics with

Not wanting to point the finger, but what about David, stmoriter teasing about the 6 Enzos and leaving for two weeks in Ibiza? You and nth got quite used to it too lately, so before it will go too far, let's just say we should stop teasers in here, period
What is the obsession with "teaser" topics?

What exactly is a "teaser" topic? Just because someone decides to share a single picture its a teaser?

Me thinks that sometimes you guys just get bored and want to "fix" things that ain't broke.

It would seem that chasing down and sorting out this weird new member posting nonsense everywhere would be a higher priority than a witch hunt about single picture topics

So now we are even going to go and remove the last little bit of "excitement" left a "enforce rules" about people excitedly sharing great upcoming content - like the Enzo posts.

If you do implement some kind of anti-teaser rules then you will probably find contributions drop, because many times people have pictures, but don't have the time to prep all the images and post them, so they post a few - then as interest grows they may post more.

But quite frankly it is VERY irritating to prepare pictures and then post them up only to find just because the title does not containFerrari the topic gets no views.

This is also one of the reasons for posting "samples" to test interest.

But either way - you enforce what you feel is required.
Old 07-26-2006, 11:23 AM   #20
TT
Regular User

As said, I don't think there is the need to discuss about it and I am sure you understand very well my and dingo's feeling.
I also had countless discussions abut it with other members and some are pretty much fed up and bored, barely checking out this section in fear of finding teasers only.

BTW, it's not the first time you post this Exige and let us understand more will follow

Obsession? Maybe, but we (and I include myself in the target) have to stop it
Old 07-26-2006, 11:39 AM   #21
nthfinity
Regular User

You and nth got quite used to it too lately
5 days with the bugatti before the photos were up, what else did i tease about?

BTW, with over 2000 views for such a topic, i dont think it was unapreciated...
Old 07-26-2006, 11:59 AM   #22
RC45
Regular User

Originally Posted by TT
As said, I don't think there is the need to discuss about it and I am sure you understand very well my and dingo's feeling.
Whats wrong with discussion? There is no anger or animosity from my side.. I am sure you understand very well my feeling.

Originally Posted by TT
I also had countless discussions abut it with other members and some are pretty much fed up and bored, barely checking out this section in fear of finding teasers only.
Hhmm.. never heard that before - fear of teasers? Interesting take.

Originally Posted by TT
BTW, it's not the first time you post this Exige and let us understand more will follow
Since when is a little idle banter and innocent discussion a bad thing?

Magazines offer previews of future articles, TV shows offer previews of future programming, heck even web forums advertise future offerings... what is wrong with members discussing future postings?

besides - I just posted a picture.. nothing more - no coments, no tag line - nada. Just a picture.

People are free to read in what ever they want Besides - even if I did post 1000000 images - without the word Ferrari in the title, the topic would get less than 50 views and then fall to the bottom of the list - so whats the harm done?

Originally Posted by TT
Obsession? Maybe, but we (and I include myself in the target) have to stop it

p.s. - nothing to see here - please move along
Old 07-26-2006, 03:31 PM   #23
harryo2b
Regular User

Ahhhh the tension in the hot ass air...

...dead subject, let's move on.

2006 Porsche Boxster S/Atlas Grey Metallic/Black/Black/6 spd
Canon 30D/17-85 IS/70-200 4L IS/580EXII/430EX/B+W Filters
harryo2b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2006, 04:16 PM   #24
sameerrao
Regular User

Unless it is something REALLY special then what is the point of starting a topic with one pic of a car? If you want to "tease" people then put it in your sig but wait until all pics and words are ready before you start a topic.

Just my opinion on the matter.

Nice car BTW.
I agree with Dingo and TT. There seem to be too many teasers nowadays. Posting one picture and trying to drum up interest for the topic is in poor taste in my book. Its almost as if some of you want people to beg for pictures.

If lack of time is an issue then wait till you can post a few pictures and be done with it. Obviously if only a single picture was taken - like a sudden street sighting then posting one picture is perfectly acceptable.

And I disagree that TT and Dingo are elitist in their request for putting all or most of the pictures in the first post itself. Along with Dani, they seem to also get awesome photoshoots which are posted in its entirety the first time. And they post about teaseworthy cars like the GTOs, Lussos, Enzos, FXX, F50s and such. Yet they somehow seem to resist the temptation.

"Tazio Nuvolari - The greatest driver of the past, the present and the future" - Ferdinand Porsche
sameerrao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2006, 04:29 PM   #25
RC45
Regular User

Ah - the spice of life - variety.

I am just confused how a single picture without comment becomes a tease?

I had the lone picture and wanted to share it with fellow car enthusiasts... no more... no less...

Does this suggest that we can't even post a single picture we deem worth sharing for feer of being labled a tease?

Well -if thats the case, then give me a G-String and some strawberry body oil - cause I am tease.

Old 07-26-2006, 04:40 PM   #26
saadie
Regular User

lmao at the change to C5 Z06 ..
haha ....

you guys are just soo ...... lol .. forgot the word haha

anyway

exige and all the Z's are supercool 8) 8) ..

wheres the rest of the pics at ?
Old 07-26-2006, 05:01 PM   #27
RC45
Regular User

Originally Posted by redheaded stepchild
exige and all the Z's are supercool 8) 8) ..

wheres the rest of the pics at ?
That's the thing - there are none.. I just wanted to share a nice picture..
Old 07-26-2006, 05:19 PM   #28
ARMAN
Regular User

All I can say is - beautiful shot! Thanx RC

.................................................. .............................
"...free your mind and the body will follow..." - THE MATRIX
ARMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2006, 05:38 PM   #29
RC45
Regular User

Originally Posted by dani_d_mas
^ well - there's not even the whole car in the frame................
So - now everyone's an art critic?

As for the discussion about the teasers - I agree with Sameer, Dingo and Matteo... they're starting to be too repetitive lately. This is not a Veyron, or a pink S-Klasse, or a Macca... it's just a 'regular' Exige, and although I don't see many of them around here actuallty -
So now we have criteriua for posting a Wjat You Saw Today picture?

The entire point of this seciton was to show things you saw... not things other people think you saw that are worth posting.

It sound slike you guys are just trying to create an elitist-only snobby sightings forum where everyone just brags about the fanciest car they saw.

What happened to the original intent and spirit of JabbasWorld? Enthusiasts enthusiastically sharing?

it doesn't deserve a tease. And well - we all know this wasn't the real objective behind this 'lonely' pic RC
Again - it was not a tease - it was a single picture I thought people might enjoy seeing.

But I guess I was wrong.

It seems that every topic these days has to endure some insane high standard of analysis.

I kinda miss the old enthusiastic and friendlier JabbasWorld from the past.

When people could post a sighting for what it was and simply enjoy the action of sharing with others.

It is almost as if these days it is a competition of one-up-manship. *shrug*
Old 07-26-2006, 05:55 PM   #30
LotusGT1
Regular User

Geez, you all should all get over yourselves and stop turning everything into a discussion :roll: