Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > General Discussion > Jokes and Humour

Jokes and Humour Got a joke, funny picture or video to share? Post it here

Old 03-22-2006, 09:53 PM   #1
TNT
Regular User

Default JW banners

I was wondering when would be the next time for a banner contest? do they normally fall on holidays or special events? Or are they just whenever Jabba feels the need for a change?
Old 03-23-2006, 12:06 AM   #2
DeMoN
Regular User

I think is the last option, whenever he wants. I did them whenever I had the time, but once my laptop fried and made all my PSD files for JabbasWorld dissappear, I stopped.

When jabba thought about making a namechange to www.carjungle.net, I was all excited cuz that way I could do a clean start. I worked hard for it, yielding to this:

Too bad nothing ever happened with that site. I was hoping to design the stuff for that domain.

I never asked the big guy what happened with it. If you are reading, Jabba, are there any plans for carjungle?
Old 03-23-2006, 12:13 AM   #3
gigdy
Regular User

could we stick the gas pump some place funnier
Old 03-23-2006, 04:15 AM   #4
LotusGT1
Regular User

Originally Posted by DeMoN
I think is the last option, whenever he wants. I did them whenever I had the time, but once my laptop fried and made all my PSD files for JabbasWorld dissappear, I stopped.

When jabba thought about making a namechange to www.carjungle.net, I was all excited cuz that way I could do a clean start. I worked hard for it, yielding to this:

Too bad nothing ever happened with that site. I was hoping to design the stuff for that domain.

I never asked the big guy what happened with it. If you are reading, Jabba, are there any plans for carjungle?
Still love that banner, how incorporated that wheel is impressive...
Old 03-23-2006, 04:54 AM   #5
Jabba
Regular User

The banners are changed on an annual basis and therefore a competition will be started in the next few months or so to find this years banners.
Jabba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2006, 05:04 AM   #6
Jabba
Regular User

Originally Posted by DeMoN
Basically we incorporated all the new ideas that we had for the car jungle into JW such as the Video Vault and Cool Wall. We were unable to do this at the time due to lack of server power but after the upgrade we just merged everything into one.

Sorry you didn't get a chance to use your awesome banner but the good news is you can design a new one for JW for the new competition in the next month or so.
Jabba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2006, 08:11 AM   #7
TNT
Regular User

cool thanks.
Old 03-24-2006, 02:35 AM   #8
DeMoN
Regular User

oh I see. Well, hopefully, the new banner contest wont be before may as my finals are approaching lol. Summertime (may 10th for me and above) would be great.