Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > General Discussion > Video and Picture Links

Video and Picture Links WORKING HTTP or FTP links only, no torrents or other P2P links.

Old 12-19-2006, 02:56 PM   #76
RC45
Regular User

Originally Posted by Minacious
As far as real world experiences go, RC gets to smell the exhaust fumes, run the same track, and drive next to or in many of these cars that are being mentioned.
And I barely have 1% or 1% of the experience and skill required to smell the gas fumes of some of the guys and gals I share the track with...

These people weekly drive some of the slickest, trickest and most exotic cars this side of J Lenos lockup..

...and to see these folks as excited by getting sideways in a CGT as they do when lapping in a spec Miata race car as they do when lapping in a street E63 as they do in a C5 Z as they do in an F430 which is the same enthusiams and excitement as they have for a Ford GT or an F40...

These are the people I take my queues from - folks who can buy 10 of any car in the world at once.. yet still get the same enjoyment from a $15,000 Miata as they do from priceless 935 racecar.... it's the driving that counts..

I hate him for it and am very envious.
Man - thats deep *tears up* hehe ops: ops:
RC45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2006, 03:00 PM   #77
dash

My quote "kinda unfair for the rest Americans, but guys like you are responsible for that" <--- did You read that?

I totaly agree with you that my english is far from being good - it's not my native language. There is only one thing bothering me - how da heck can you understand me if I'm so awful in english? But I'd be highly ashamed if I'd cripple my native language as most of you do (sometimes I wonder if you even know how many tenses do you actually have in english or how to use them; or my beloved "who" instead of "whom" in most cases; how is it possible that average 14 year old Dutch speaks english more properly than 14 year old american - tests made by american organisations for your government).
Anyway I'd be more than happy if you'll point my mistakes every single time.

OK, enogh with the language thing.

RC45 isn't an American? He surely is saturated by (with?) USA

One last remark about that experience thing. Is it (theoretically) possible that you or me could be a better actor than for example Dolph Lundgren or Chuck Norris? Even if we didn't act in any movie? Got my point? It's just an example.
dash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2006, 03:03 PM   #78
dash

Originally Posted by RC45

yet still get the same enjoyment from a $15,000 Miata as they do from priceless 935 racecar.... it's the driving that counts..
Finaly we agree.
Old 12-19-2006, 03:24 PM   #79
RC45
Regular User

Originally Posted by dash
My quote "kinda unfair for the rest Americans, but guys like you are responsible for that" <--- did You read that?

I totaly agree with you that my english is far from being good - it's not my native language. There is only one thing bothering me - how da heck can you understand me if I'm so awful in english? But I'd be highly ashamed if I'd cripple my native language as most of you do (sometimes I wonder if you even know how many tenses do you actually have in english or how to use them; or my beloved "who" instead of "whom" in most cases; how is it possible that average 14 year old Dutch speaks english more properly than 14 year old american - tests made by american organisations for your government).

OK, enogh with the language thing.

One last remark about that experience thing. Is it (theoretically) possible that you or me could be a better actor than for example Dolph Lundgren or Chuck Norris? Even if we didn't act in any movie? Got my point? It's just an example.
oh my god - you're dutch.. :roll:

Again - provide a single fact to back up your point of view or shut up and go away.

You keep coming back with useless stupid and assinine replies.

I can TELL you what an RT12 is like to drive around a race track... not because I drove one on Project Gotham Racing.. but rather in real life.

So if I tell you "an RT12 is this and that" then my opinion has a basis in fact and experience.

If I then say to you "a C5 Z06 is this and that" and I say "a Caterham Superlight is this and that" or even the CTR Yellowbird is this and that" - I know what I am talking about from practical experience.

This is why I say you are an idiot - you speak 'with authority" yet have nothing to say...
Old 12-19-2006, 03:33 PM   #80
RC45
Regular User

Originally Posted by RC45

yet still get the same enjoyment from a $15,000 Miata as they do from priceless 935 racecar.... it's the driving that counts..
Finaly we agree.
No - we don't agree - finally you realized you are beat and out of your depth...
Old 12-19-2006, 04:39 PM   #81
Minacious
Regular User

Man, this entire reply said nothing, and I mean nothing of any substance. You’re like a dog chasing its tail; you’re going nowhere fast.

Sure, I read it. It is a pitiful attempt to justify bashing Americans.

There you go bashing Americans as a whole again. Now that you finally divulged where you are from I’m going to assume English wasn’t your first language and ease up on you as far as your use of it. You should know that continuing to bash Americans because of their use of English makes you look the fool if not using it properly yourself, regardless of your nationality. And the reason I can understand you even with the poor use of English is because I can read well. Not really all that hard to figure out.

Is that what you see? Why, because the cars he's defending are American? He is simply defending cars that have a proven track record which many don’t want to see because they just so happen to be American.
Old 12-19-2006, 04:59 PM   #82
dash

No, you pathetic boor. In oposite to you I know what I'm reading, saying.

Now there is a question. Does the fact of having a ride in Carrera 4S (997) make me an authority regarding that car? Even if I'd drive that car 4,5,7 times doesn't mean I'm competent to jude it. It needs some knowledge (also a concious mind) and something you don't have - criticism. Healthy criticism, not that kinky worshiping (Vette, Viper, you name it as long as it is american right? ;P) mumble.
You base on facts and experience? That's why you post a link to the test of american cars (1100bhps and stuff) where the 0-60mph times are above 4 seconds (well above) - only good old GT keeps up. Do you even thing sometimes before you write something?
Do You know how long does it take for Veyron from 0-60? Are you, for the love of God, friggin normal?! Lol a 1100bhp Vette is slower than M3 CSL (with "only" ~360bhp)? These are those american, gorgeously tuned cars? If they handle as well as they accelerate than you'll have another reason to call me some names - cause I'll be right once again.

With every next post you prove your experience.
Old 12-19-2006, 05:01 PM   #83
dash

Is that what you see? Why, because the cars he's defending are American?
Nope, because he's offensive, arrogant and thinks he's the centre of the world.

RC45:
By the way, I'm not Dutch.

There you go bashing Americans as a whole again. Now that you finally divulged where you are from I’m going to assume English wasn’t your first language and ease up on you as far as your use of it. You should know that continuing to bash Americans because of their use of English makes you look the fool if not using it properly yourself, regardless of your nationality. And the reason I can understand you even with the poor use of English is because I can read well. Not really all that hard to figure out.
Obviously you can't properly read, that's why you wrote that.
I'm not refering to all Americans - even a kid would understand that (so who are you?).
Who's a bigger fool, the one who doesn't know his native language properly (and of course refuses to admit that) or a guy, whos native language isn't english and he put some effort to learn it. I am aware of my weaknesses in english - trying to eliminate them. But mate, it's not a shame for me to cripple it from time to time. Of course, the whole world should speak english so you could understand them, right?
Old 12-19-2006, 05:28 PM   #84
novass
Regular User

Obviously you can't properly read, that's why you wrote that.
I'm not refering to all Americans - even a kid would understand that (so who are you?).
Who's a bigger fool, the one who doesn't know his native language properly (and of course refuses to admit that) or a guy, whos native language isn't english and he put some effort to learn it. I am aware of my weaknesses in english - trying to eliminate them. But mate, it's not a shame for me to cripple it from time to time. Of course, the whole world should speak english so you could understand them, right?
Who are you referring to then? We are all very proud of you for learning another language, almost as proud as seeing our kids take a crap in toilet for the first time, which, in your case is quite an appropriate analogy.

"Live as if your were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever."
-Mahatma Gandhi
novass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2006, 05:35 PM   #85
TomirK
Regular User

I read these boards at least 3-4 times a day but hardly post at all, that probably makes me a leecher but that's beside the point here.
When I first found JW I was a very similar thinking person to you i.e I hated american cars especially the Corvette regarding it as an american redneck sportscar with nothing but straightline speed which fell to pieces at the slightest whiff of a corner. The problem though was that like you I had no factual knowledge on which I could base such assumptions. After reading countless Vette debates on JW in which I have been presented with solid factual information I have begun to respect the car for what it is : an excellent affordable very well handling sportscar. This does not mean I would necessarily buy one, I'd take a 911 over it any day of the year but I accept the fact that for example a C5 ZO6 would blow my 997 carrera away on a twisty road or the nurburgring. One could argue that the Porsche has more steering feel is more precise etc but as I haven't driven either I am not in the position to make bullshit remarks and nor I think are you.
You slag everyone off for not being able to read with comprehension whereas not one of your replies actually intelligently contested RC45's or Minacious's arguments. You just keep repeating the same bullshit over and over again, it's quite unbelievable :shock: .

And last and not least your obsession with the 0-60 times Do you seriously know jack shit about cars or are you trying to give us all a laugh here? Firstly, since when does the 0-60 time of a car have absolutely anything to do with on track and back road performance?(Of course when we are talking about such high horsepower cars with sub 5sec times). Have you ever heard of the word traction? Has it ever occured to you that it's not that easy to get 1100hp down on the road through the rear tyres? I suggest you take a look at the in gear and track times before moaning that an M3 has a similar time.
I suspect your response will be very similar to your previous one's but I just couldn't resist responding to your cretinous posts.
Are you sure that elderly dementia hasn't come a bit early to you? I sincerely hope that at your age I won't be so mentally impaired.
Tomirk

P.S. There is saying we have in Poland that I think fits you perfectly :
"Don't talk to an arse, it'll just shit on you"
TomirK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2006, 05:47 PM   #86
dash

0-60 is actually one of the last things I care about. I pointed that out only to show how dumb is to assume that You put like a 1000bhp in your can and you can beat Veyron. It turns out you can't even beat M3 CSL if you don't know how to use that power. That's what's making me laugh. All the rednecks racing from one traffic lights to another.
How come suddenly 0-60 isn't that important to Americans?
See what I love in M3 (and it's not the matter of taste) is the way it put the power from the engine on the road. Drive it, try, enjoy. You'll see.
And if you say RC replies intelligently than you're no better than he is.

I'll repeat as long as necessary = they'll (you also) will understand simple sentences.

One more thing, please don't compare me to yourself.

PS another jerk offending others. Bring some more.
Old 12-19-2006, 06:21 PM   #87
nthfinity
Regular User

0-60 is actually one of the last things I care about. I pointed that out only to show how dumb is to assume that You put like a 1000bhp in your can and you can beat Veyron. It turns out you can't even beat M3 CSL if you don't know how to use that power. That's what's making me laugh. All the rednecks racing from one traffic lights to another.
How come suddenly 0-60 isn't that important to Americans?
See what I love in M3 (and it's not the matter of taste) is the way it put the power from the engine on the road. Drive it, try, enjoy. You'll see.
And if you say RC replies intelligently than you're no better than he is.

I'll repeat as long as necessary = they'll (you also) will understand simple sentences.

One more thing, please don't compare me to yourself.

I think this takes the cake as the second most ignorant person ever to post on JW... search "realiean1" to find the no. 1 guy.

You obviously have NO experience in launching a car.

Many experienced drivers can't even hit magazine 0-60 times, while others completely devestate magazine 0-60 times. For example; a certain CGT owner I know can launch his to 60 mph in 3.5 seconds because he is intimately familiar with the prowess of the car, the engine, the clutch, and the torque curve. that is siginificantly faster then any publication i've read. --- this is also w/out any form of engine tuning beyond OEM.

So how does DOT legal racing slicks compare vs. hard compound runflats exactly? an E46 M3 CSL doesn't have anywhere near the ride comfort of a Z06. Porsche are the masters of the NS... until this summer They have been testing there since before time practically. To see the Vette edging so much on a GT3 RS' lap time is simply staggering... espeicially condidering that the GT3 RS has a roll cage, is completely gutted, and has DOT Legal racing slicks on; of of which, the Z06 doesn't have.

are you familiar with rotational friction, and rolling resistance? I have a feeling you have never taken a physics class in your life; particularly at 14 years of age.

Cars like the M3 CSL (a M3 is here with CSL suspension), the Subaru STi, Evo.... normal cars that are turned into track stars all suffer from thier inferior chassis; that in order to make up the difference on a track, or timed run; the suspension is set up so stiflly it becomes a car that isn't enjoyable to drive. These suspensions are 100x worse then that which is in the Z06 stock in terms of ride comfort, and confidence on bumpy winding roads... like this one I frequent, and test cars on

http://www.nthimage.com/video_dump/NSX_11-5-06_0003.wmv

Come back in 4 years when you have the patience to do real research, instead of blindly believing everything that is easy to believe. Here you have been presented with fact after fact after fact, yet you still refuse to believe something is as good as it is.

My experience is that you believe what you believe; not because of evidence suggesting something is one way or another, but because it is what you want to believe.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again.

perhaps Americans are more like how Europeans are how they envinsion themselves, while the reverse is also true.
Old 12-19-2006, 06:55 PM   #88
RC45
Regular User

Is that what you see? Why, because the cars he's defending are American?
Nope, because he's offensive, arrogant and thinks he's the centre of the world.
Actually I am perfect.. well if not for my conceitedness I would be perfect.

You still haven't answered as to what you base your opinions on.

I base my opinion on the many and varied chassis I have driven on the road and track... what do you base yours on?

And I think the Poles are wise beyond belief with this little gem that fits you to a T "Don't talk to an arse, it'll just shit on you" and all you have been doing is shitting from the first post you made.

BTW, how many generations of M3 have you driven?
Old 12-19-2006, 07:16 PM   #89
novass
Regular User

He is talking about himself in the third person now.

"Live as if your were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever."
-Mahatma Gandhi
novass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2006, 07:43 AM   #90
Jabba
Regular User

I am going to save you from embarrassing yourself any further on here by banning you. You sure have some problems it seems, that I hope a good psychiatrist could sort out for you
Jabba is offline   Reply With Quote