Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > General Discussion > Motorsport News And Discussion

Old 08-04-2007, 01:36 PM   #16
blue8
Regular User

So much talk already even before the race!
Al0nso blames McLaren:
Fernando Alonso insists it was McLaren's fault that Lewis Hamilton wasn't able to launch a counter-attack for pole position in Saturday's Hungarian qualifying.

"The team held me back in this," the Spaniard said in the post-race press conference. We tried to have some space with the Ferrari (Raikkonen) in front of us."

He added: "I am always monitoring the pitstop by the radio. They do the calculations, they find the gaps and I just drive the car. I am always ready to go, as soon as they put on the tyres."

However, that's not how it looked.

Nearing the end of the third and final qualifying segment, Alonso remained stationary in the McLaren pitbox for several seconds while Hamilton queued up behind him - and Alonso did so despite having already been waved out by the team.

The hold-up meant that while Alonso was able to get across the line before the chequered flag fell and start a flying lap, Hamilton was not. And as a result, the McLaren rookie lost out on pole position.

As for his thoughts on the incident, Hamilton said: "There's not really much to say. You saw what happened."

Asked by how much he missed across the line to start his flying lap, the Brit added: "By about as much as I was held up."

Hamilton, though, wasn't the only one keeping his thoughts to himself. His team boss Ron Dennis told ITV: "It is a matter to be discussed within the team, and we will do so later."
Stewards will investigate this issue

From Hamilton:
"It definitely needs a good explanation," remarked Hamilton, attempting to put on a brave face through the questions.

"I really don't understand why I was held back. I guess you should ask the team, and I definitely will do when I go back and have the debrief.

"Nothing was said to me on the radio. I was obviously told on the way in Fernando was doing his stop and that I should back off so I didn't have to queue.

"That's what I did, so I saved time coming round the last corner and into the pits, but for some reason he was just held there.

"Your guess is as good as mine as to why he was there. His wheels were on, his blankets were off and yet he was told to wait.

"I probably lost at least half a minute coming in off the previous lap and then waiting behind Fernando."

Rumours suggested Alonso was behind held by his personal physio Fabrizio Borra, who was counting off the seconds to the Spaniard with his fingers, so making sure Hamilton would not have enough time for one more lap.

That is apparently under discussion within the team, whom Hamilton is fairly confident would not unduly harm his chances after what unfolded in Monaco.

"I'm not angry. I'm curious as to what's gone on," added Hamilton, whose father Anthony, though, wore a fierce look during the post-qualifying media conference.

"I find it quite interesting and amusing, so I'm not really mad to be honest.

"I think the team have been extremely fair, at least ever since Monaco.

"I think they work extremely hard, and I've just so much belief in the team that I don't believe they could do that."
I like this one answer he had during the Press Conference:
Q: And just to finish, you didn’t get in a second quick lap. By how much time did you miss getting in a second quick lap?
LH: I would think by the same amount of time that I was held up in the pit stop.

-- I'm guessing this will be McLaren's weekend. Worse, I think this race will be similar to the snoozefest that was Monaco...

blue8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2007, 02:34 PM   #17
sentra_dude

Just finished watching qualifying...

GOD DAMNIT! That fucking Spanish shit head! I'm glad to see the L. Hamilton is a fine gentleman and held his tongue in the interview... I hope Ron Dennis tears dancing queen a new one over this! What a dirty cheating piece of shit that dancing queen is. I hope some back marker scarifies his car and rams that fucker off the track tomorrow! :x :x :fist:

------------
1992 Toyota Celica GT 5spd, intake.
sentra_dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2007, 03:07 PM   #18
gangajas
Regular User

Originally Posted by Mattk
If dancing queen F1's Lance Bass were so good, he wouldn't have to resort to dirty tricks.
Didn't people like Senna and Schumacher use a lot of dirty tricks?
gangajas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2007, 03:34 PM   #19
saadie
Regular User

damn fucking alonso :\
Old 08-04-2007, 04:48 PM   #20
5vz-fe
Regular User

Mclaren is claiming that it was Lewis that should be responsible for this. Cover up?
Old 08-04-2007, 06:34 PM   #21
bultaco_metralla
Regular User

ive read something about it, something like lLewis had to let Alons.o pass, he didnt obey the orders and its Lewis fault. He said he was afraid about the manouveur with Kimi behind Fernand.o and didnt want to lose positon with Kimi after let Fernando pass.

I cant believe the shit of the punish to A.lonso when every moment he was making what the team was saying... They have radio transmisions as the y had in Monaco..... Shame Shame Shame of the FIA... Die MOsley DIE.... pffff.... by the way, wtf happened to Felipe ?? i was working at the qualifying time...
Old 08-04-2007, 06:39 PM   #22
sentra_dude

Felipe got screwed by Ferrari, they forgot to put enough fuel in his car, and he was half way down the pits and had to shut down and be pushed back to get some more fuel. By the time that was over he only had time for one lap...

------------
1992 Toyota Celica GT 5spd, intake.
sentra_dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2007, 08:18 PM   #23
5vz-fe
Regular User

Originally Posted by bultaco_metralla
ive read something about it, something like lLewis had to let Alons.o pass, he didnt obey the orders and its Lewis fault. He said he was afraid about the manouveur with Kimi behind Fernand.o and didnt want to lose positon with Kimi after let dancing queen pass.

I cant believe the shit of the punish to A.lonso when every moment he was making what the team was saying... They have radio transmisions as the y had in Monaco..... Shame Shame Shame of the FIA... Die MOsley DIE.... pffff.... by the way, wtf happened to Felipe ?? i was working at the qualifying time...
Macca claim to make Alonso wait for the traffic to clear up for a clean lap but there was only 1 car out at that particular moment. There really isn't a reason why Alonso should be at the pits for extra 10 seconds
Old 08-04-2007, 09:29 PM   #24
go1d1e
Regular User

Fernando Alonso has been stripped of pole and moved five places down the Hungarian Grand Prix grid after impeding Lewis Hamilton in qualifying.

Hamilton was handed pole hours after being delayed by his team-mate in the pit lane, meaning he was too late for his final lap.

McLaren will also not be allowed to score constructors' points.

Source - BBC.com
go1d1e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2007, 10:00 PM   #25
sameerrao
Regular User

Yep! I think Alonso got away easy. He should have been sent tot he back of the grid.

"Tazio Nuvolari - The greatest driver of the past, the present and the future" - Ferdinand Porsche
sameerrao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2007, 12:31 AM   #26
DeMoN
Regular User

Originally Posted by 5vz-fe
Mclaren is claiming that it was Lewis that should be responsible for this. Cover up?
Link to this as I havent read anything remotely close to this.

God I hope Lewis crashes Al0nso or Al0nso crashes by himself.

And yes, McLaren is my team.

I would also like to know what that one or two persons here in JW that love Al0nso have to say about this one?

L Hamilton is CLEARLY the better driver. Even after getting cheated, he stays cool while Al0nso losing to a rookie by 2 points, can't.
Old 08-05-2007, 12:41 AM   #27
DeMoN
Regular User

Originally Posted by go1d1e
dancing queen F1's Lance Bass has been stripped of pole and moved five places down the Hungarian Grand Prix grid after impeding Lewis Hamilton in qualifying.

Hamilton was handed pole hours after being delayed by his team-mate in the pit lane, meaning he was too late for his final lap.

McLaren will also not be allowed to score constructors' points.

Source - BBC.com
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/moto...ne/6929333.stm

:shock:

WTF why dont they just penalize Al0nso? What does McLaren have to do with Al0nso deciding to stay there (unless they can prove McLaren ordered this).

Even if McLaren gain no points, the fact alone that Al0nso fucking cheater gets to start in 5th makes up for it. I really dont want a Schumacher on my team.
Old 08-05-2007, 12:42 AM   #28
5vz-fe
Regular User

Originally Posted by DeMoN
http://www.itv-f1.com/News_Article.aspx?PO_ID=40282

Old 08-05-2007, 12:45 AM   #29
DeMoN
Regular User

McLaren immediately appealed the decision but this will only cover the withdrawal of points not the personal penalty handed out to Alonso.
I do hope McLaren get to score points. Al0nso starting 5th is enough of a punishment.

I mean, I dont recall Ferrari getting penalized "not scoring points" when Schumacher did that gay ass move to block Al0nso last year did they?
Old 08-05-2007, 12:53 AM   #30
DeMoN
Regular User

Originally Posted by DeMoN
http://www.itv-f1.com/News_Article.aspx?PO_ID=40282

interesting how that doesnt match what bbc.com says and even more interesting is Formula1.com not mentioning Al0nso will start 5th?

Whats going on here. Formula 1 indicates Ron had no idea what happened and itv says Ron blames Lewis? WTF Im out of ideas here.