Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > General Discussion > General Chat

General Chat General chat about anything that doesn't fit in another section here

Old 07-12-2004, 05:20 AM   #1
Jabba
Regular User

Default *** DOWNLOAD CLUB MEMBERS - PLEASE READ ***

We are working very hard (especially TT) to keep the front page (portal) updated and looking fresh.

While we appreciate your reviews in the programme sections could we also ask you to write a few lines in the video comments sections and vote on the videos that you have downloaded from the video vault.

Thanks to everyone that has commented and voted so far.

Jabba and the admin team.

Jabba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2004, 07:08 AM   #2
ARMAN
Regular User

Ok. I dont check vault much ops: cause there is so many other vids so there is no time to download from vault

.................................................. .............................
"...free your mind and the body will follow..." - THE MATRIX
ARMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2004, 07:11 AM   #3
Jabba
Regular User

Well as we can see around 80 people have downloaded this file and only two have left comments.
Old 07-12-2004, 07:24 AM   #4
geekdiggy
Regular User

oh hehe we're supposed to vote on it?

hard to hit in only three tries.
geekdiggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2004, 07:29 AM   #5
Jabba
Regular User

Well it would make it all a bit more worth while yes.
Old 07-12-2004, 07:40 AM   #6
dropot2
Regular User

Originally Posted by Jabba
Well as we can see around 80 people have downloaded this file and only two have left comments.
I understand your complaint and I recognise my fault in this point so I'll try to improve. I'm happy reading the good comments in the videos I've uploaded and watching at the rates they have so it's obvious that all the people want their videos being rated and commented.
________
SWIFT

Last edited by dropot2; 02-10-2011 at 06:55 PM.
dropot2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2004, 07:52 AM   #7
TT
Regular User

Oh, we would also like to know if you like the new look of the portal page with 6 "big" thumbs instead of 2 big and 4 small ones as before
Old 07-12-2004, 08:03 AM   #8
dropot2
Regular User

Originally Posted by TT
Oh, we would also like to know if you like the new look of the portal page with 6 "big" thumbs instead of 2 big and 4 small ones as before
Well, I like the new design. I think that this one is more "direct" because the increased quantity of thumbs and thier size so more suitable IMO, I don't know how to say this in a proper English...with this new look you can be informed with a simple glance about the latest uploaded videos and what they are about...I'll do my explanation easier for me and for my English: I like it.
________
Michigan Dispensary

Last edited by dropot2; 02-10-2011 at 06:55 PM.
Old 07-12-2004, 08:06 AM   #9
TT
Regular User

BTW I was also wondering if we could try to add some small text below the thumbs...
Old 07-12-2004, 08:17 AM   #10
dropot2
Regular User

I think that now is correct. Perhaps if you add a small text below that would be useful but you must be very careful because you could make the portal too "crowded"...IMO the portal has to contain the essential information and inform us as briefly as possible and then if we are interested in something, we could enter in the appropiate link and get some additional explanation there.
I think that if you want to put a short briefing it would be useful to put it in the beggining of the topic, below the link to download the video.
________
Ford galaxie history

Last edited by dropot2; 02-10-2011 at 06:56 PM.
Old 07-12-2004, 08:27 AM   #11
TT
Regular User

Yes exactly, if we never put text under the thumbs it is because anyway you will fnd all the infos needed by clicking them, and there is already so much writing on the portal it was just a thought
Old 07-12-2004, 08:39 AM   #12
jakaracman
Regular User

The new look is better, but as you said, a few words of text uder wold be preferred
BTW: tried to upolad some vids a month or so ago, it seemed OK, but they never materialized in vault???
jakaracman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2004, 09:33 AM   #13
Anonymous

Originally Posted by TT
Yes it looks great IMO TT and really useful for finding out whats new for me however the amount of stuff makes the decisions on what to download extremely tricky I'll also make an effort to post in the vault more with short comment LOL it is so easy to be lazy and forget
Old 07-12-2004, 09:36 AM   #14
stradale
Regular User

I like the new look of the portal. When new things are uploaded the thumbnails make me very curious. After all, the portal is where the people come in. It needs to be inviting and I think it looks more inviting like this.
Old 07-12-2004, 09:49 AM   #15
yg60m
Regular User

Well, i try to let a comment every time but sometime it's true that i forget to rate or comment the videos i download. I will try to correct that.

For the big thumbs sorry TT, i already said you that i prefered the 6 little thumbs but finally i get use to the 4 little and 2 bigs and found it fine .
As i only have a 15" monitor, the 6 big thumbs are not easy to see, or they take a lot of place. I know, it's again the wrong answer but you know that now that i am 30 i think like an old person