Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Automotive Brands Forum > American Cars

American Cars Area dedicated to American Cars from Classic, Muscle, to Modern!

Old 04-19-2006, 01:17 PM   #1
nthfinity
Regular User

Default $900,000 less then the Veyron Its not European, it must suck

http://tinyurl.com/nxpa8

2005 C6 427 TT

http://www.lingenfelter.com/C620054271038hp320.mpg
Dyno sheet

2005 LINGENFELTER 427 CID TWIN TURBO C6 CORVETTE

Z06 Body

This car was purchased in October 2004 and sent directly to LPE to start the R&D of what would become the worlds fastest C6.

This car is a special 1 of 1 car in the world built over the past 1 1/2 years by the legendary LINGENFELTER PERFORMANCE ENGINEERING in Decatur Indiana.

This car made 1038 tire smoking RWHP and 1007 LBFT on the dyno.

See www.lingenfelter.com under movies.

This car did 212 MPH in the standing mile in a major magazine shoot due out very soon.

This is the fastest standing mile C6 Corvette ever tested in the country
This car ran 212 MPH in a standing mile. The car is capable of getting into the 250+ MPH range outside of the 1 Mile mark easily, with the proper set up and skilled driver. We have not tested the total top end speed of this car yet as it fresh from being completed from its build.
1038 RWHP = ~1200 SAE hp = stupid fast! = eat my burnt rubber particulates Veyron
Old 04-19-2006, 01:29 PM   #2
sentra_dude

That is badass.

I remeber that dyno vid, its freaking awesome! I'm glad they didn't mess up the looks, those black wheels are nice looking...no huge wings or junk like that. 8)

212mph in the standing mile! :shock:

I can't wait to read about this car, and hopefully see some good video footage of it too!

------------
1992 Toyota Celica GT 5spd, intake.
sentra_dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2006, 01:29 PM   #3
nthfinity
Regular User

naw, your just jelous that a 60k vette can be hopped up and made reliable for nearly a million less then what VW can do

i just watched the dyno run; and good god; it must be significantly more powerful then they can measure with all that wheelspin! mabey 1300-1400 hp!
Lingenfelter claim a top speed possible above 250mph, and faster then the Sledghammer... but hasn't yet been run that fast.
Old 04-19-2006, 01:36 PM   #4
skituner
Regular User

thats very impressive no question but as everso said many cars can be tuned to make a lot of power, i serioily i dout you could drive that in everydayd situations, and i would love to see it try take a corner. no dout its a bargin but i still think 100,000 can be spent a lot better, because in all realilty gunna be using that performace unless your at a track
skituner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2006, 01:54 PM   #5
nthfinity
Regular User

Originally Posted by skituner
thats very impressive no question but as everso said many cars can be tuned to make a lot of power, i serioily i dout you could drive that in everydayd situations, and i would love to see it try take a corner. no dout its a bargin but i still think 100,000 can be spent a lot better, because in all realilty gunna be using that performace unless your at a track
LMAO; people still dont get that the Z06 is one of the best handling cars in the WORLD.

from what i've read, and looked at the dyno sheet, this car is quite drivable under normal conditions; and stop and go traffic. more then enough torque at any RPM... as the addage goes "there is no replacement for displacement" and drivability definately fits in there.

of course there is an evil side of this car; when the pedal hits the floor.

you guys have yet to offer any proof that somehow this; or this type of car doesnt handle with, or better then the best of them.

also, i'd like to see an M3, or M5, or SLR, or SL55 AMG, or SL65, or SL63, murcielago, gallardo, F430 etc. running 1200-1400 hp RELIABLY, and warented!

oh, and this car outhandles 5 of those by a long shot, and can corner nearly as well, or better then the remaining cars!
Old 04-19-2006, 02:34 PM   #6
nthfinity
Regular User

Originally Posted by insane
I'm not saying the C6 can't take corners, but that power will make a change. And do you know for a fact that it's all that reliable.

Also tuning an engine to that kinda power is impressive, but comparing every tuned car to the Veyron and saying "haha, we do it better..." is kinda getting old now. YOu must realize as well, that the Veyron is not built purely for performance. So the price tag also contains all the luxury equipment as well as the brand.

And yes, that C6 is really cool in my mind. I just can't see why you had to bring the Veyron into this again...
what is the Veyrons catch phrase? I can go 253 mph before i am electronically limited; i can really go 257 mph

this car does that; and more.

LPE are the masters of the 427 TT; and have been doing it for years. the fact that they are consistantly the fastest Vette; and/or street legal car in the world say something... they have a reputation to keep you know

besides; there are a pair of Lingenfelters in my neck of the woods... and neither has ever had a problem
Old 04-19-2006, 02:43 PM   #7
RC45
Regular User

RC45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2006, 03:07 PM   #8
SPEEDKILLAR
Regular User

The poor man's Bugatti I guess...

Trying to compare a souped up Vette with the Veyron, is the same as getting a penis extension, all the girls would prefer the original thing. So why try???

Tariq Ali - Clash of Fundamentalisms

Blaire is a figleaf

Cars are my hobby, driving them is my passion.

Originally Posted by Dan\/6
damn speedkillar, if you didnt have a title already it would now say 'robofucker' or similar
SPEEDKILLAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2006, 03:18 PM   #9
RC45
Regular User

Originally Posted by SPEEDKILLAR

Trying to compare a souped up Vette with the Veyron, is the same as getting a penis extension, all the girls would prefer the original thing. So why try???
So - when are you buying your Veyron... I mean with all this mouth and attitude you MUST be a multi-millionaire... and your "cheap" car is an SLR... right?

You often drive super cars and hang with the uber-rich and famous?

I mean, it seems expensive exclusive stuff turns you on... so this must be how you live everyday... right?
RC45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2006, 03:28 PM   #10
SPEEDKILLAR
Regular User

Originally Posted by RC45
Originally Posted by SPEEDKILLAR

So - when are you buying your Veyron... I mean with all this mouth and attitude you MUST be a multi-millionaire... and your "cheap" car is an SLR... right?

You often drive super cars and hang with the uber-rich and famous?

I mean, it seems expensive exclusive stuff turns you on... so this must be how you live everyday... right?
Quite right, but can discuss these matters on the net.

Tariq Ali - Clash of Fundamentalisms

Blaire is a figleaf

Cars are my hobby, driving them is my passion.

Originally Posted by Dan\/6
damn speedkillar, if you didnt have a title already it would now say 'robofucker' or similar
SPEEDKILLAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2006, 04:03 PM   #11
Daggernite
Regular User

This is more or less a repost, Vette vs Buggati. AGAIN!!
Daggernite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2006, 04:20 PM   #12
nthfinity
Regular User

Originally Posted by everso
nth!

who cares maaaan.....it's still just a bloody corvette!!! you can't compare it against a Bugatti.

sure it's powerful, sure it's crazy on the dyno....but it's still a corvette.........

you can add lots of ketchup, mayonnaise, hot sauce, habanero sauce, or whatever to a bologna sandwich but it's still gonna be a bologna sandwich...even if it's on fire.

people make Civics which are 500hp....do we compare those against Porsche Twin Turbos? naaaah.
first off; Civics are FWD; and dont handle with the P cars
although; i do agree that its still a vette... but will be the likely choise as my first sportscar given the price/performance options etc. that is what it can do... amazing things.

the Veyron may be high on the wish list; but reality-hit; who can get one? i'd love to have just as much fun driving as those guys.

eventually; i'll get that Stratos, 993 911 turbo, and the like... but until then
Old 04-19-2006, 04:29 PM   #13
nthfinity
Regular User

^^^
i think you mis-interpret what im saying... or

anyway

Jeep > vett > TT
Old 04-19-2006, 04:53 PM   #14
sameerrao
Regular User

Originally Posted by everso
nth!

it's still just a bloody corvette!!! you can't compare it against a Bugatti.

sure it's powerful, sure it's crazy on the dyno....but it's still a corvette.........with the interior of a daewoo and the imagination of a brick....driving down the street, it will go down like a regular corvette, aside from the few times you can really impress the ricer civic trying to race yer on the street.

you can add lots of ketchup, mayonnaise, hot sauce, habanero sauce, or whatever to a bologna sandwich but it's still gonna be a bologna sandwich...even if it's on fire.

people make Civics which are 500hp....do we compare those against Porsche Twin Turbos? naaaah.

for that kind of money a proper supercar is a much better buy.....i don't even like supercars (except for a couple ) but $200,000 for a superfast corvette isn't a bargain at all.
Everso and Nth, re-read the above text and substitute the Corvette for Veyron and the Veyron for the F1 and you know exactly why I dont like the Veyron.

To me its a hopped up Audi TT that was locked in a cellar for a week with 20 boxes of Pizza and asked to finish it all. And then when the engineers realized its two heavy they threw in everything except the fridge at it - turbos, AWD, displacement, etc. To me its a compromised cruiser.

Comparing the Corvette to the Veyron makes me want to take the Corvette - it may be modded but atleast it is honest to its design brief.

"Tazio Nuvolari - The greatest driver of the past, the present and the future" - Ferdinand Porsche
sameerrao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2006, 05:05 PM   #15
sameerrao
Regular User

Sure, I will read more about it if it gets tested more ...

I like some Corvettes for sure - the Stingray is my favorite. I think the Z06 is awesome. But if it is my money on the line, i.e. I had $70K sitting around, I would buy a Testarossa in a heartbeat.

To me performance stats mean jackshit! I would be happier in a slower Testarossa than a much faster car just because it is a car that lights my fire. I would be thrilled to look at it in the garage and drive it at 40mph as much as 140mph.

Meaning I am not looking for a car to thrill people at the pub with " My car is faster than yours" Its not Top Trumps (I used to love those cards as a kid )

If I had the dosh to buy a F1 or a Veyron, I would pick the F1 anyday (and twice on Sunday) precisely for same reason. The car seems right to me. Its perfect to me. May not be to another person but I dont care.

Its not the numbers or journo's or friends opinions that matter. Its your gut feeling when you see a car and say that is it for me. Now driving such a car would let you know if it is right or wrong not someone else's opinion.

"Tazio Nuvolari - The greatest driver of the past, the present and the future" - Ferdinand Porsche
sameerrao is offline   Reply With Quote