Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Automotive Brands Forum > American Cars

American Cars Area dedicated to American Cars from Classic, Muscle, to Modern!

Closed Thread

Old 10-28-2006, 05:15 PM   #16
TNT
Regular User

if you want handling look into early mustangs they were "small" and fairly light also. but once you get it look and Year One for parts. you could literaly make the car from their catalogs. http://www.yearone.com/
Old 10-28-2006, 06:38 PM   #17
nthfinity
Regular User

Originally Posted by brembo
Originally Posted by graywolf624
Try cars.com or Auto trader.

I'm actually scouring them both at the moment for an early 2000 vette as a track whore. Might I suggest the camaro might be the best choice. It and the firebird would probably be the smallest of those cars, might be better for your smaller roads.
Thx dude..

I have been thinking about it, and the Charger for instance are alittle to big...not for the roads, but I dont want the car that big cuz I want to make a more nimble car....trying to make it handle better than the case are stock so a big car will not help....I am probably going for an Camaro 67 or 68....
I spoke with the pres. of the GTO club today, and he knows quite a few with good condition cars for sale, i'll forward the info to him today
Old 10-29-2006, 07:33 AM   #18
blinkmeat
Regular User

I'd go with something like this stang personally ... It's timeless

Old 10-29-2006, 11:15 AM   #19
TNT
Regular User

Originally Posted by TNT
if you want handling look into early mustangs they were "small" and fairly light also. but once you get it look and Year One for parts. you could literaly make the car from their catalogs. http://www.yearone.com/

Yeah I was thinking about the Mustangs, but I got a hang up on Eleanor so if I where to buy a mustang I would make it look like Elenaor and I want to get a different car....

I am in love with this one, alittle unsure about the wheels but the look it got are great IMO.....I wonder about the grill tough how does it work with the lights....

But damn that is one cool looking car....

yeah looks like a 68 camaro maybe 69 but the lights flip around to "uncover".

edit: here you go a better look.

Old 10-29-2006, 03:27 PM   #20
pagani
Regular User

This is a 1969 z28 camaro.
I think the first gen camaro is the best car for europe.

Old 10-29-2006, 04:04 PM   #21
666fast
Regular User

Originally Posted by TNT

Yeah I was thinking about the Mustangs, but I got a hang up on Eleanor so if I where to buy a mustang I would make it look like Elenaor and I want to get a different car....

I am in love with this one, alittle unsure about the wheels but the look it got are great IMO.....I wonder about the grill tough how does it work with the lights....

But damn that is one cool looking car....
GT500's are overrated thanks to the movie. Not saying I wouldn't want one though. Get the original Eleanor, the Mach 1. I think it's pretty snazzy.

Boss Mustangs are pretty sweet too, if you can afford them.

As far as Camaro's go, I've always liked the late 60's RS/SS models. They aren't exactly common, but they aren't very rare either. I've seen dozens of them. FYI, cars that came with both the SS and RS packages were only badged as SS models.

The first gen Z28's are badass too, expensive though. The engines were grossly underrated as well. GM claimed 290bhp, when it actually put down 350-400 depending on what carb was used. The only thing better than the Z28's were the Copo models, which now cost an arm and a leg. They are GM's equivelent to the Yenko's.

Have you looked at Old's Cutlass's or AMC AMX's? Both cool cars IMO, largely overlooked too.
Old 10-29-2006, 04:56 PM   #22
TNT
Regular User

what you really need to do is come to a barretjackson car auction. get some perfect examples are good prices.
Old 10-29-2006, 07:38 PM   #23
TNT
Regular User

^^^ get the one with the Z06 parts