Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Automotive Brands Forum > Car Chat

Old 08-19-2006, 04:13 AM   #61
nickthaskater

Originally Posted by gucom
i hate to admit it but this is gonna be an awesome car... i hope they wont go too stripped out on the interior, because there are already bare-stripped monstrously powerful cars that will still be faster (ultima GTR)
They'll still be entirely different driving experiences (the Ultima is MR), and of course different apperances.

The CLK DTM AMG has a stripped interior, and there are plenty of things faster than it, but I'm still glad they made such a car. Heck, the Exige is barebones as it gets, and there are a ton of things faster. Just because it won't be the fastest, doesn't mean they shouldn't make it as fast as they can. Less weight also helps the handling and braking as well. An Exige-esque interior would be fine by me. If one wants the regular comforts, just get a regular Z.
nickthaskater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2006, 04:41 AM   #62
gucom
Regular User

u have a point, but i definitely wouldn't want a stripped-out corvette, whereas i'd love an exige.
Old 08-19-2006, 04:49 AM   #63
nickthaskater

What's the difference? This would be pretty much the hardcore of hardcore Corvettes, why shouldn't the interior reflect that? Like I said, if you want the creature comforts, get a regular Z or even just a regular C6.
Old 08-19-2006, 04:54 AM   #64
gucom
Regular User

because there're faster more hardcore cars, kitcars mostly, the only reason i'd want a fast corvette is because it would be the best combination of fast and cheap thats still livable with. If it gets just as hardcore as those kitcars the point of buying it is lost for me.
The lotus is a different story alltogether, it has a history, appearance, and character totally different to the hardcore monsters we're talking about here.
Old 08-19-2006, 05:08 AM   #65
nickthaskater

The Corvette has a history and character as well, and every now and then there's been a bad ass monster, this is just the latest iteration of that. And who's to say how hardcore this Corvette will be anyways? If they do carry over the carbon panels of the GT3 Z06.R, and uprate the suspension etc., it's going to be extremely fast, very racy, and in my eyes, I'd love an interior that reflected that (especially since it would actually serve a purpose as well).

And again, if you want a Corvette that you're able to live with day to day, there's still the Z06 and C6. As I showed above, it's not that difficult to get 600rwhp out of the Z06, and you'd still have all your creature comforts as well, so why not diversify a bit and give the option of a stripped racey version on top of that?
nickthaskater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2006, 01:56 PM   #66
RC45
Regular User

Wow - a 2700 view 4 page topic about a Corvette....

My, how the mighty have fallen... the mighty snobby eurocrats that used to hate on anything Corvette that is...
RC45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2006, 02:31 PM   #67
Shinigami
Regular User

Originally Posted by RC45
Wow - a 2700 view 4 page topic about a Corvette....

My, how the mighty have fallen... the mighty snobby eurocrats that used to hate on anything Corvette that is...
It doesn't really seem to matter if the people talk good or bad about the vette here, you still like to pipe in with a few subtle "snobby eurocrat" insults. You never change, do you
Old 08-19-2006, 02:40 PM   #68
RC45
Regular User

Originally Posted by Shinigami
It doesn't really seem to matter if the people talk good or bad about the vette here, you still like to pipe in with a few subtle "snobby eurocrat" insults. You never change, do you
Since when is a truth an insult?
Old 08-19-2006, 02:48 PM   #69
Shinigami
Regular User

It's a subtle insult, just like using the word "liberal" has turned into the new "nigger". And you know this
Old 08-19-2006, 04:53 PM   #70
dutchmasterflex
Regular User

When the fuck did liberals become the new niggers?
Old 08-19-2006, 05:09 PM   #71
nickthaskater

When the fuck did a Corvette have anything to do with a discussion about liberals and niggers?
Old 08-19-2006, 05:11 PM   #72
RC45
Regular User

Originally Posted by Shinigami
It's a subtle insult, just like using the word "liberal" has turned into the new "nigger". And you know this
No - your post is an insult to every single black family that was ripped from their ancestral roots in Africa and transported by Dutch, British, Portuguese, Italian and Spanish slave traders to the then new world.

I am appalled that a so-called civilized and educated person would behave this way.

Who's the bigoted racist now?

Originally Posted by nickthaskater
When the fuck did a Corvette have anything to do with a discussion about liberals and niggers?
eurocrats will stop at nothing to spread hate and anger...
Old 10-04-2006, 11:45 AM   #73
bmagni
Regular User

This might look like an ‘ordinary’ Z06 with a funky hood scoop, but the crack shooters from Brenda Priddy’s crew, with with their long lenses and tuned ears, tell us this Corvette is anything but ordinary.
Shooter Chris Doane claims that the sound coming from the engine could only be a supercharged 6.2-liter V-8, and our sources speculate that this Corvette is pushing nearly 650-horsepower! And when the Corvette SS goes to production– expect the price tag to be in the $100,000 range.
The supercharged V-8 will utilize an integrated intake manifold intercooler, and it’s expected to run a 0-60 in under 3.5 seconds. The super-hot SS will weigh even less than the Z06, utilizing more carbon fiber in the body, as well as polycarbonate material.
The 6.2-liter V-8 will be built at GM’s Performance Center in Wixom, Michigan, with annual production numbers expected to be in the 1500-2000 range. Production on this special Corvette, also known for some time as the Blue Devil, will start in the first quarter of 2008 (as a 2009 model).

As for its exact name – well, we’re hearing everything from Corvette SS, to Z07, to resurrecting the Stingray name. Don’t count out the Mako Shark name, either.
bmagni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2006, 11:58 AM   #74
TopGearNL
Regular User

650 HP :shock:

This thing is serious !
Old 10-04-2006, 02:14 PM   #75
dutchmasterflex
Regular User

Even LESS weight AND 150 more HP