Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Automotive Brands Forum > Porsche

Porsche Porsche - the finest German Cars

Old 09-21-2004, 02:14 PM   #106
st-anger
Regular User

...well, definitely, the 350Z is a weekend fun machine for me - it´s IMO not very usefull as a daily driver, as ZfrkS62 mentioned the ride is kinda stiff, clutch and especially steering and gear lever require quite some forces, traveling on the autobahn for longer distances is not a big problem, the seats are just perfect, quite compareable with the Porsche seats, when u talk about tall ppl, i´m 1.90m tall and had no problems with the car - again as mentioned above, the only real downside is the cheap interior, don´t get me wrong, there´re some really nice details but in the end it´s just a better Nissan interior and that´s it, BUT with such a car, interior and that stuff, for me personally comes last...
oh yes, especially weh going faster that 130 - 150kmh the wind nois is kinda loud, also noise from the tyres and engine, so it´s really loud in the 350Z...
nevertheless, this is a fun machine for some twisty roads or the race track, the whole tranny is just perfect for sportive driving, very short and sporty gear lever travel, sporty arranged gears, very precise...nearly perfect... as mentioned b4, brakes are one of the best on a stock-car in that class, only BMW has better brakes on the track, but with different brake fluid, brake pipes and pads you have a fully prepared car for the track, nevertheless what i discovered especially at NS, the Potenza RE040 tyres aren´t the best solution for this car, they start to scream very very soon so the driver is a bit irritated just by the noise, and the overall performance isn´t that good, a friend of mine, the one who told me about the 350Z, has Michelins on it and he says that it´s WAY better with the Michelin sport tyres...
but again, this won´t be a car for the pros, this is the PERFECT car for beginners and advancers, personally i´d recommend a 350Z for all those who want to learn a track or in general to race on a track...
the 350Z has a foolproof handling behaviour, no nasty load cycle changes, is very very controllable at the limit has a wide grip band, this is all because of the high sophisticated suspension/chassis, if i´m not mistaken Nissan registered something around 14 patents just for the suspension/chassis system...and Nissan engineers did a wonderful job IMO, again i think quite some ppl underestimate the 350Z - unfortunately...
an example, i´m not the worst driver on nordschleife and without problems i was able to keep up with ///M3´s and Porsches ( no GT´s ) - of course with some skilled drivers - we´re talking about "four-digit drivers" ( =laps )...

so in the end i really enjoyed the time with the Nissan, had lot´s of fun with it, unfortuntely i had sooooooo little time for it and i´ll sell it in the near future...

but nevertheless, i think i´ll get a good replacement for my work at the PES/PEG subsidiaries, i can take my company car from the EZW with me, a black Porsche Cayenne S - well, not the worst car out there IMO...
Porsche 911
st-anger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2004, 07:46 PM   #107
coombsie66
Regular User

^^ See your still a 'hungry young man' at heart St-anger, chasing down all those M3's in your little play thing! I understand what you say about the long journeys especially during long exhausting working weeks. As you said sometimes a glass of red on a relaxing trip home just fits the bill better. (but only if the stewardess is hot )
Old 09-23-2004, 02:16 PM   #108
st-anger
Regular User

Originally Posted by coombsie66
^^ See your still a 'hungry young man' at heart St-anger, chasing down all those M3's in your little play thing! I understand what you say about the long journeys especially during long exhausting working weeks. As you said sometimes a glass of red on a relaxing trip home just fits the bill better. (but only if the stewardess is hot )
...u know it: "once a racer,..."

no seriously, it´s not that bad
in public traffic i drive very defensive and safe, only when autobahn has 3 lanes and there´s very little traffic i sometimes floor the cars chasing some ppl who think they are the fastest around
...again, i can have my fun at closed racetrack - just read the news here, every day there´re too many ppl injured or killed on autobahn because of speeding or agressive driving...

lol, u know the one and only thing i´m really looking forward is seeing my wife again, so no chance for the stewardesses
but i think i´m already too old to flirt with them anyway, i´ll leave it up to u...
Porsche 911
Old 09-23-2004, 04:09 PM   #109
coombsie66
Regular User

Originally Posted by st-anger

in public traffic i drive very defensive and safe, only when autobahn has 3 lanes and there´s very little traffic i sometimes floor the cars chasing some ppl who think they are the fastest around
...again, i can have my fun at closed racetrack - just read the news here, every day there´re too many ppl injured or killed on autobahn because of speeding or agressive driving...

lol, u know the one and only thing i´m really looking forward is seeing my wife again, so no chance for the stewardesses
but i think i´m already too old to flirt with them anyway, i´ll leave it up to u...
Im more than happy to take that baton onward and upward! But comeone, you must be considering an M5 now, ive watched every review of it, and i just cant believe the thing! It leaves me with a fat smile accross my face every time i hear it! And thats just sat here in my arm chair! I can only imagine the enjoyment of being in the drivers seat!
U must be tempted to at least take one on a test drive!?
Old 09-23-2004, 04:31 PM   #110
st-anger
Regular User

Im more than happy to take that baton onward and upward! But comeone, you must be considering an M5 now, ive watched every review of it, and i just cant believe the thing! It leaves me with a fat smile accross my face every time i hear it! And thats just sat here in my arm chair! I can only imagine the enjoyment of being in the drivers seat!
i think my BMW dealer should be one of the first to get a E60 M5, so we´ll see...
for sure, to own a M5 would be nice BUT my next car is more or less fixed...i´m talking about next year, spring/summer...

i´d have opened a new reply tomorrow, but well, i can say it now as well...tomorrow, friday, i´ll take the 350Z back to the dealer and next week i´ll take my company car, a Cayenne S, home with me - it´ll be my car for the PEG/PES work...
ahhh, we´ll see...
Porsche 911
Old 09-23-2004, 04:38 PM   #111
schnell318
Regular User

Well since you said that BMW has an interesting model coming out now I guess it must be the M5 or probably the M6. I think you´ll have to ewait at least another 8 monthe for the M6 though.
I agree with coombsie totally at least take it for a test drive but i´m you´ll get something beautifull whatever it is.
schnell318 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2004, 06:38 PM   #112
coombsie66
Regular User

i think my BMW dealer should be one of the first to get a E60 M5, so we´ll see...
for sure, to own a M5 would be nice BUT my next car is more or less fixed...i´m talking about next year, spring/summer...

i´d have opened a new reply tomorrow, but well, i can say it now as well...tomorrow, friday, i´ll take the 350Z back to the dealer and next week i´ll take my company car, a Cayenne S, home with me - it´ll be my car for the PEG/PES work...
ahhh, we´ll see...

Thats what i wanted to see Cayenne S, not bad at all for a company run around!!! :shock:
Old 09-24-2004, 03:51 AM   #113
st-anger
Regular User

ahhh, we´ll see...

Thats what i wanted to see Cayenne S, not bad at all for a company run around!!! :shock:
most of the company cars at Stuttgart or Weissach are 911s, but "only" the standard ones like C2, C4, C2 Cab, ... very hard to get a better one and you won´t get it for longer period because of some circumstances...
i took the Cayenne from the start, definitely the better choice for a company car IMO, had some different one´s over the past year and now i have a more or less brand new one, black with full beige leather interior looks very flashy is the best solution for long autobahn distances and right now only ~4200km on the clock...
Porsche 911
Old 09-25-2004, 07:30 AM   #114
st-anger
Regular User

Originally Posted by brembo
LOL does your wife read JW too st-anger.....

but i think i´m already too old to flirt with them anyway
Come on dude, you dont stop playing cuz you grow old, you grow old because you stop playing....

Just had to say that.....sorry....

But I am embarassed that I havnt seen this thread before, but now I have and must say I was just as clueless as the other guys guessing on what you where going to buy, I tought of a RX8 since I considered that was one the far side of your previous cars, but then you said 2 door and that got 2,5 doors....

Well you got me as the others, I can only say a great choice on a summer car and I understand you not buying a Porsche as a car for just one summer as it wouldnt exactly be something new for you......

But I guess its gone now and, I wonder what your new car will be next summer.......I dont like the Bangle horror show, so I hope you dont go there next time, but I know you love it so......

anyways a great topic with a lot of great pics..... :shock: ....I always get in a good mood when I read in PC, so I dont understand why I dont do it more than I do.......but I am more of a lurker in here and I dont have much to add to you and lakatu`s posts and others seem to ask what I wonder so when I arrive the dinner is served.....we are spoiled with having a such a team on Porsche`s in the house......

And when talking on houses, your house looks great (and very big).....with big garages looks like a great place.....
lol, i don´t think that she´s reading JW, but well, we´ve no secrets anyways...

you dont stop playing cuz you grow old, you grow old because you stop playing....

hehehe, got me...

lol, "Bangle horror show"....is it really that bad....!???
yep, u say it, i love every Bangle´d car from BMW, new E60 is just perfect, again - there´re some interesting models in the new 5series...

thx for the kind words, i´m glad u like the stuff we´re posting here, but one thing i HAVE TO add: that´s what it SHOULD NOT be - just one or two ppl post and discuss, again EVERYONE should post their comments, stuff, etc.... ( but plz in the right section ) i think everyone could add something, and together we can even improve PC - i´m sure about that, so i´m very grateful for ANY contribution

well, as u know my wife´s into real estate so we have some nice homes and this is our main living place - but i agree with u, she has done a great job on this one

hope to c-ya around in here more often now, greetz...
Porsche 911
Old 09-25-2004, 05:14 PM   #115
lakatu
Regular User

Originally Posted by brembo
but I am more of a lurker in here and I dont have much to add to you and lakatu`s posts
Well thanks for the positive comments but I am going to have to disagree with you on this Brembo . I have really enjoyed your posts in the past and would encourage you and everyone else to continue to contribute . That is what has made PC great in the past and that is what will continue to make it great in the future. It is a community that shares information and ideas and like a network it becomes more valuable as more people participate.
Old 09-26-2004, 05:08 AM   #116
nthfinity
Regular User

Well thanks for the positive comments but I am going to have to disagree with you on this Brembo . I have really enjoyed your posts in the past and would encourage you and everyone else to continue to contribute . That is what has made PC great in the past and that is what will continue to make it great in the future. It is a community that shares information and ideas and like a network it becomes more valuable as more people participate.
ill concour... as much as i generally consider myself a lurker hear as well; PC is definately where i learn the most periodically i try to add what i can ... perhaps one day when i can actually own a porsche 911... st-anger has convinced me never to dip into the non-911 range quite successfully 8)
and Lakatu, you speak from so much experience with these fine autos... for somebody like me, its generally hard to be so close to them on a daily basis; PC may be the most dificult to post in, i think.
Old 09-26-2004, 01:29 PM   #117
lakatu
Regular User

Originally Posted by nthfinity
ill concour... as much as i generally consider myself a lurker hear as well; PC is definately where i learn the most periodically i try to add what i can ... perhaps one day when i can actually own a porsche 911... st-anger has convinced me never to dip into the non-911 range quite successfully 8)
and Lakatu, you speak from so much experience with these fine autos... for somebody like me, its generally hard to be so close to them on a daily basis; PC may be the most dificult to post in, i think.
Well again thanks for the comments but I really don’t have that much experience with Porsches. Never owned one. Driven several of them but certainly not aggressively. Always loved them and as a result I’ve read everything that I could find on the subject. I use to go to local Porsche club events and talk with the owners. That and a year of physics in college is all the experience that I have on the subject.

So no need to feel like I have this great vast wealth of experience that others can’t compete with . That is why I think others can really contribute to PC. If people think that I have made a contribution, well I have probably less experience than anyone else here. IMO owning one and track driving experience in any car is more valuable than all the “experience” I have from reading about them. I really enjoy comments from people who do have practical experience driving the cars but personally I don’t think that is a requirement to contributing.

If there is a secret to contributing IMO it is making your posts count. I think too often people think that the number of post is what is important at JW. I think that is a natural tendency to believe that the more your voice is heard the better. But from my experience it is the quality of the posts that counts. Look at my post count it isn’t all that high. I can also tell you the moderators respect quality and not quantity as well .

BTW I really appreciated your contribution about aerodynamics . I have been working on a reply but have struggled with how to write it and finding the time. Keep up the contributions. And for those who are concerned about making mistakes and looking foolish…it is my experience that JW and especially PC readers are extremely forgiving of mistakes. I think a lot of that credit goes to st-anger and the tone he sets at PC with his kindness 8) . I can tell you I have made my fair share of mistakes. So take a risk and share your thoughts and opinions. IMO that is the best way to learn .
Old 09-28-2004, 02:45 AM   #118
nthfinity
Regular User

BTW I really appreciated your contribution about aerodynamics . I have been working on a reply but have struggled with how to write it and finding the time. Keep up the contributions. And for those who are concerned about making mistakes and looking foolish…it is my experience that JW and especially PC readers are extremely forgiving of mistakes. I think a lot of that credit goes to st-anger and the tone he sets at PC with his kindness . I can tell you I have made my fair share of mistakes. So take a risk and share your thoughts and opinions. IMO that is the best way to learn .
lakatu, thankyou for such a gracious reply... it was cirtainly a real moral booster today. and i shall do my best to be more regular here
its nice to have my 'vague ideas' sometimes expressed at my current level of education. as far as my aero-post... i really wanted to do a few pictures, and diagrams (albiet, still shitty of the GT, a 911, and the CGT, but i was in need to be at work at that time. i know somebody here has a bit more schooling than i do when it comes to aero... i was hoping they would post there as well.

there is something luring about Porsche that i cant quite explain very well, especially having never driven one. a man i met last week who is a collector said it well, i think.
i love Porsche so much that I couldn't see myself in a position where I was unable to drive one, so I bought a Carrera 4 for the winters. That is, anyway, until i bought my Cayenne Turbo
Old 09-28-2004, 05:06 AM   #119
st-anger
Regular User

Porsche 911
Old 09-28-2004, 05:12 AM   #120
TT
Regular User

Nice key dude but you know, I can't wait to see pics of the thing that key actually turns on