Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > General Discussion > Motorsport News And Discussion

Old 05-27-2007, 01:11 PM   #31
sameerrao
Regular User

Another exciting Monaco race ... NOT. Unlike last year with some nice passing by Michael, today was a typical Monaco sleep inducer.

Honestly it was no more exciting to watch than the practice sessions - you get the same onboards, shots of oversteering cars, cars touching walls,etc in the practice sessions.

Qualifying is the most exciting bit of the Monaco weekend by far.

Having said that Hamilton's pass on Trulli was superb. I was expecting him to win but Alonso was peerless today. the McLarens were a class apart from the rest - virtually a second a lap quicker than the Ferraris and BMW.

I was surprised to see Massa pitting on the same lap as Alonso. My theory of him carrying more fuel was wrong! Nevertheless, he did a good workman like job today unlike his teammate

Kimi was pretty useless today. I expected him to overtake more people but it was not to be. He is 15 points behind the McLaren boys and needs to really stop making mistakes and get his head around the car and make it do what he wants so that he can lead from the front. Ferrari hasn't won a race

Good job by Fisi.

What happened to Rosberg - he suddenly went backwards?

"Tazio Nuvolari - The greatest driver of the past, the present and the future" - Ferdinand Porsche
sameerrao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2007, 01:40 PM   #32
Igorionia
Regular User

who da hell is Lance Bass ? :roll:

Igorionia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2007, 01:47 PM   #33
blinkmeat
Regular User

Best pic ever?
blinkmeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2007, 03:45 PM   #34
blue8
Regular User

Hamilton denied from winning?

Hamilton accepts McLaren's winning decision

by Tim Collings

MONTE CARLO, May 27, 2007 (AFP) - Victorious McLaren team boss Ron Dennis said his drivers were 'cruising' on their way to a one-two triumph in Sunday's Monaco Grand Prix, the team's 150th Formula One victory.

Defending double drivers world champion Fernando Alonso came home first four seconds clear of his 22-year-old British rookie team-mate Lewis Hamilton after both lapped virtually the entire field.

The 25-year-old Alonso finished more than a minute ahead of Ferrari's Brazilian Felipe Massa, who was third and the only driver who finished on the same lap as Alonso and Hamilton.

Dennis said: "We were cruising from lap ten really. It was an effortless race, and tremendous discipline from both drivers. We had only a couple of small problems, but nothing serious, and either of the drivers could have won."

Following their stunning triumph in the fifth race of the year, the McLaren team now lead the constructors' world championship, ahead of Ferrari by 20 points.

Superior fuel preservation as well as outright pace and strategy combined to enable them to dominate and enjoy such a clear victory - even if it also meant that Hamilton did not enjoy a chance to fight his team-mate for victory.

Hamilton started the race with enough fuel to go five laps further than his McLaren team-mate, before needing to make a stop.

And he said he was surprised when the team called him in just three laps after Alonso had made his first pit stop.

Although confused and disappointed at having to accept he could not race against Alonso for victory, Hamilton accepted the decision.

"At the end of the day, I am a rookie," said Hamilton.

"I am in my first season in Formula One and I have finished second in only my first Monaco Grand Prix so I really can't complain, but to see that I am of a similar pace to Fernando is a positive for me.

"But it is something I have to live with. I've got number two on my car. I am the number two driver."

Dennis explained: "Really from the first round of stops, it was very apparent that either driver could push a lot harder. I know it's frustrating for the driver, but we have to function as a team, and slowing them down was difficult, because you have to maintain concentration, but that's my job."

Alonso said he had saved fuel in his first stint and that this had evened up their fuel loads during the race.

"I was two laps later than I should have been in the first stint because I saved fuel in the first part of the race, and the formation lap and things like that. They were telling me that maybe I was only three laps shorter than him," explained Alonso.

Hamilton added that there were no specific team orders that stopped him racing against Alonso, but explained that he had to do what was best for the team.

"They don't say that I had to stay behind Fernando.

"But the goal of the team is to score as many points as possible and we want

to pull away from the Ferraris and the only way we can do that is to finish in first and second or ahead of them.

"It was easy for me to maybe push a bit harder and to touch the barrier and maybe to crash or push Fernando into a mistake, but that would have been a negative on the team.

"Coming into the season, I expected to be the number two driver. I am a rookie, it is my first season, but I am just pleased to be here and it is really is a great feeling for me to be sitting next to these drivers - and still living my dream and to be on the podium in all five of my first Grands Prix.

"I hope to continue like that."
http://www.espnstar.com/formula1/for...l_6005624.html

blue8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2007, 04:44 PM   #35
5vz-fe
Regular User

As much as I hate Ron Dennis, I believe Ferrari would do the same given the same situation. It's a tight track, and price for mistakes are very high. Monaco is only fun to watch in Qualifying and Pratice.
Old 05-27-2007, 04:58 PM   #36
bultaco_metralla
Regular User

Im waiting for that report made by TT!!!!
Old 05-27-2007, 06:48 PM   #37
Bizi Jones
Regular User

heh, this was the first race I missed in some years...(and was trying not to spoil it untl, bad luck, news channel showed Alonso winning)...but based on this years races I figured I didn't miss much...and it looks like that is the case...in fact I find myself watching more of the old races (97-00) with Michael actually competing...not sitting behind Button asleep :roll: ... man I miss Schumi... :cry:
Bizi Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2007, 10:02 AM   #38
blue8
Regular User

FIA to investigate McLaren orders
Monday 28th May 2007

It's not too late, point scoring starts at the Bahrain GP. Click here.

The FIA are set to investigate McLaren after team boss Ron Dennis admitted to telling his drivers to hold station in Monaco.

Fernando Alonso and Lewis Hamilton finished first and second in the Principalty on Sunday afternoon after the two were ordered to hold position after the first round of pitstops.

The move angered many, including the British media, who felt that Hamilton was robbed of the chance to win the race and that McLaren had broken a rule banning team orders.

This led to the FIA releasing a statement saying that they are to investigate McLaren's victory at the Monaco Grand Prix for a "possible breach of the International Sporting Code."

The statement issued on Monday said: "The FIA has launched an investigation into incidents involving the McLaren Mercedes team at the 2007 Monaco Grand Prix in light of a possible breach of the International Sporting Code.

"The relevant evidence is under review and a further announcement will be made in due course."

Team orders that influence the outcome of a grand prix have been banned since 2002 when Ferrari blatantly ordered Rubens Barrichello to move aside for Michael Schumacher, allowing the German to win the grand prix.

Dennis, though, has denied that what he did constitutes team orders.

"Team strategy is what you bring to bear to win a grand prix; team orders are what you bring to bear to manipulate a grand prix," explained Dennis.

"We do not, and have not, manipulated grands prix unless there are some exceptional circumstances.

"For example in Australia (1998), someone tapped into our radio and instructed Mika Hakkinen to enter the pits.

"He entered the pits, but I reversed that because that was unfair. That was an outside influence influencing the outcome of the race.

"That is one of the very rare occasions there's been a team order.

"I don't feel uncomfortable with them, but I sleep easy. I have a clear conscience, both with regard to that particular race and this race here (Monaco)."
I agree with Ron Dennis, that what he did seemed more like a strategy than an order. I just wonder how McLaren will be penalized if FIA considers the move against the rules.

blue8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2007, 10:38 AM   #39
5vz-fe
Regular User

I guess why Ron Dennis got into this mess because he openly told the press that he ordered his drivers to slow down after 29 laps.
Old 05-28-2007, 10:52 AM   #40
ferrarif1fan89
Regular User

Stuuuuuuuuupid Ron Dennis for implying that he altered the course of events and brought Hamilton in early. Shooting himself in the foot, really. I won't complain if Mclaren gets penalized for this. Oh well.....
Old 05-28-2007, 11:46 AM   #41
gobs3z
Regular User

Originally Posted by dani_d_mas
Originally Posted by bultaco_metralla
OMG!!!! !!!! Dani!!!! Dani have you seen the Ferrari advertisement in telecinco?????? The expensivest adv ever.... OMG Its beautifullll Only motor sound !!! OMG OMG OMG OMG !! im writing while watching... OMG i cant believe those images.... You guys got to watch it!!!

You Ferrari fans got to get this link for download not just watch!!!!

A wourld tour in Ferraris F1.... OMG... again... OMG!!!
You mean this?

:arrow:

Now that i think about it, i saw them film the parts by the collseum. All while i was waiting in line to go in and i see an old Ferrari and a the 2007 Ferrari. It all was amazing and bloody surprising.

"If we could read the secret histories of our enemies, we would find in each story enough sorrow and suffering to disarm all hostility." Longfellow
gobs3z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2007, 02:27 PM   #42
bultaco_metralla
Regular User

I dont think Hamilton would have won Alonso, Hamilton was near to crash many many times ... but also so spectacular !!!!...

Dani do you remember this?? LOL!!! we were right!!

http://www.motorworld.net/forum/show...&highlight=gp2

http://www.motorworld.net/forum/showthread.php?t=42569

Originally Posted by gobs3z

Now that i think about it, i saw them film the parts by the collseum. All while i was waiting in line to go in and i see an old Ferrari and a the 2007 Ferrari. It all was amazing and bloody surprising.

You lucky bitch!!!
Old 05-29-2007, 12:05 PM   #43
bultaco_metralla
Regular User

mmmmm i see you read english press ... english press makes me sick... and also some of your coments... you treat Alonso not as the double champion he is... ....pffffff Fanatics... Lets see who is going to cry at the end of the seaon... Hamilton or Alonso...

You could make a new Banner: Discuss F1 in JW, the place where we only respect Schumacher and Ferrari.

Hamilton is ages from A.lonso, by now, A.lonso got more than 10 secs before he found Trulli fucking everyone.... the race of Hamilton was full of Mistakes and really near to finish by the wall ... and all the stupic rumours by the english press are just pathetic... looosers.

and btw, with all of this youre meaning Hamilton would have won Schumi easily... remember A.lonso defeated Schumi two consecutive times.... and i dont think that.
Take some minutes and see live timing too see who made the better race, A.lonso's race was perfect
Old 05-29-2007, 12:19 PM   #44
5vz-fe
Regular User

This is an argument with an open end......everything is based on IFs. Let's call it an quit shall we? The thing I am most disappointed with is that Ron Dennis publicly admits pulling back the drivers. Doing something is one thing, telling everyone you do it is another.

Monaco has always been this bored, but after reading what Ron said makes me felt like I wasted my time waking up early to catch the race.
Old 05-29-2007, 12:21 PM   #45
bultaco_metralla
Regular User

What does IFs means dude??