Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > General Discussion > Motorsport News And Discussion

Old 04-03-2006, 10:13 PM   #91
SFDMALEX
Regular User

Well more teams more money and we know they all want money so....
SFDMALEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2006, 10:29 PM   #92
bmagni
Regular User

Intresting declarations from Schumacher, seems pretty enthusiastic:

"We must work hard and show that we are competitive under any condition, not just under an specific circumstance"

"This year is totally different, this time we're much more competitive and our package is absolutely better than what it seems. Still this weekend we couldn't show that. Thank God in F1 you can still compare using numbers, and this clearly shows that if the tyres had warmed up correctly we could have been infront"

About his times being on par with Alonsos and Kimi's
"This is what gives us hope, we're on the pace, we just have to mantain it during the whole race"
bmagni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2006, 10:35 PM   #93
SFDMALEX
Regular User

/\/\/\Precisely.......Ferrari has it all, the problem is a that Massa is trying to hard, and they have zero luck...
Old 04-04-2006, 10:52 AM   #94
Regular User

the problem is a that Massa is trying to hard
You can better say Schumi is trying too hard, he was the one driving off limitis during the race, massa had bad luck 8)
03200165 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2006, 11:58 AM   #95
McLaren4eVa
Regular User

Originally Posted by SFDMALEX
/\/\/\Precisely.......Ferrari has it all, the problem is a that Massa is trying to hard, and they have zero luck...
Zero Luck you have to be kidding me he was slow so what imola they'll be back but the no luck part i find that impossible to grasp he's te luckiest man in f1 well second to alonso now. Massa just needs to learn to be less eratic and throwing everything away on one lap and shchumi just tried to hard unfortunatley for him the concrete patch threw him into the wall just as it did with montoya and dc in 03 qualifying mika hakkinen had a shunt there and schumi again in practice in 97 so he knew the bump was there just trying to hard.
Old 04-04-2006, 01:07 PM   #96
xecutioner
Regular User

lol alonso is one lucky man tho

everything falls in place for him

as we saw from the melb grand prix

button's poor retart

2 midland cars between him and kimmi

all this happened infront of me where i was sittin on the main straight

even m.schui crashin and button blowing hes engine

smelt mad tho

i tried to get a mad pic of the m.schui crash but i could only get hes car when it was on the back of a truck as u can see on my avarta

i havent seen schui drive that agressive for atleast a few years

even tho he lost it comin on the main straight it was good to c him drive so damn quick and agressive for once

i felt for him tho in qualifying

i was there for that session and he basically had 2 very quick sectors and then out of no where.. the good ol melbourne weather goes from sunny to rain and as soon as schui went into the pits the sun came out

i was glad to see webber retire and hear the hole grand stand scream out wit NOOOOOOOOOO's

just hate him

the safety car sounded and looked awsome flying down the straight
Old 04-04-2006, 01:57 PM   #97
Max Power

nah, Alonso is not lucky...he's smart...he gunned it of the restart and Kimi got stuck behind the Midland...its just that in an effort to break Ferrari's dominance the FIA has created another monster...Renault
Max Power is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2006, 04:32 PM   #98
SFDMALEX
Regular User

Originally Posted by McLaren4eVa
Zero Luck you have to be kidding me he was slow so what imola they'll be back but the no luck part i find that impossible to grasp he's te luckiest man in f1 well second to alonso now. Massa just needs to learn to be less eratic and throwing everything away on one lap and shchumi just tried to hard unfortunatley for him the concrete patch threw him into the wall just as it did with montoya and dc in 03 qualifying mika hakkinen had a shunt there and schumi again in practice in 97 so he knew the bump was there just trying to hard.

Mate the Ferrari team has absolutly no luck so far this year.
Old 04-05-2006, 08:33 AM   #99
xecutioner
Regular User

i would really like to see alonso pass ppl durin the race for the top spots instead of waitin for someone to mess up like button

we saw button's restart rite infront of us and it was shockin

the backmarkers just made it interesting

poor kimmi had to wait till the finish line to pass the slower cars

but yeh u are rite

i think the renaults are the monsters just like how ferrari were before the rules changed
Old 04-05-2006, 03:15 PM   #100
McLaren4eVa
Regular User

Well aint that a good thing i mean i'm not complaining guess schumis luck's run out or maybe he's getting old imo i think he should retire while he still has his reputation in tact instead of doing more seasons and being the slow one and thats not being buyist because im a mclaren fan just a non-buyist opinion.
Old 04-05-2006, 05:02 PM   #101
racer_f50
Regular User

Well aint that a good thing i mean i'm not complaining guess schumis luck's run out or maybe he's getting old imo i think he should retire while he still has his reputation in tact instead of doing more seasons and being the slow one and thats not being buyist because im a mclaren fan just a non-buyist opinion.
Would you please start using puncuation?

Schumi might be getting older, but it's highly unlikely that his talents are fading yet. Even if his talent is declining, he's got a couple decades until it drops to the level of the other drivers 8)
racer_f50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2006, 05:12 PM   #102
sameerrao
Regular User

^^ Personally I think Schumi now has nothing on Alonso and Kimi in terms of pure speed and racecraft. In fact, the way that the younger boys can confidently keep him behind without wilting under pressure speaks volumes.

I really think the way Alonso matches sheer speed with racecraft, I feel we are re-witnessing Schumi circa 1994 - the same confidence, aggression, speed. Kimi is faster at times but he also makes more mistakes than Alonso.

No one can touch Michael on moulding a team around himself though.

I feel that this will be Michael's last season. He's been the top driver for nearly 12 years - an astonishing feat in such a competitive sport. Viva Michael!!

"Tazio Nuvolari - The greatest driver of the past, the present and the future" - Ferdinand Porsche
sameerrao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2006, 05:21 PM   #103
SFDMALEX
Regular User

/\/\/\I dont buy the for a second. Alonso and Kimi benifit from the added confidence of being in a competative car and the agression due to their age.

Schumi is a legend, knows the ins and outs of the game and has mega tons more experiance then these boys ever will.

Luck just hasnt been swinining his way and his hardware has been letting him down.

I'm just waiting for a competative Ferrari, and I see him crushing the competition.

Or I might be wrong, he just might not be driven enough anymore......time will tell
Old 04-05-2006, 05:39 PM   #104
sameerrao
Regular User

^^ Let's hope Ferrari comes good this season 8)

"Tazio Nuvolari - The greatest driver of the past, the present and the future" - Ferdinand Porsche
sameerrao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2006, 06:11 PM   #105
SFDMALEX
Regular User

Originally Posted by sameerrao
^^ Let's hope Ferrari comes good this season 8)
I just hope that Macca, Renault and Ferrari become reliable and competative with eachother so we can who the real man currently is