Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Automotive Brands Forum > Car Chat > Car Gallery

Old 04-19-2004, 07:59 PM   #1
oantob
Regular User

Default The new Acura RL

this car is still concept, but it will be produce on 2005...
the Acura RL will made its world debut at the New York International Auto Show, with a 300 HP VTEC V-6 engine, and a revolutionary all-wheel-drive system...

the car spec:

Engine
Type: V6
Displacement cu in (cc): 212 (3474)
Power bhp: 300

Brakes & Tires
Brakes F/R: ABS, vented disc/disc
Tires F-R: 255/35 R20

some pics:

a polite car
Old 04-19-2004, 09:09 PM   #2
Drive4Ever
Regular User

hm.....looks a bit smaller than before, the exhaust tips are kinda big :shock:
the front upper grill has too many chrome bars, needs to take out some
and what kind of brakes is that? blue? hm....spoon, hp racing?
Drive4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2004, 10:41 PM   #3
blah
Regular User

Looks like a Honda, a RSX, and a TL Got into a orgy.
Old 04-19-2004, 10:46 PM   #4
initiala4
Regular User

Looks so Lexus ES300 in the front
initiala4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2004, 11:26 PM   #5
muffinman2002
Regular User

I like it, I would die to have interior like that in my car. I like the relatively long front end compared to the short back end and with a 300+ hp motor and all wheel drive in a foor door car. Can someone say sleeper. I would definately buy that car if I had the money.
muffinman2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2004, 12:22 AM   #6
Craigger

Originally Posted by muffinman2002
I like it, I would die to have interior like that in my car. I like the relatively long front end compared to the short back end and with a 300+ hp motor and all wheel drive in a foor door car. Can someone say sleeper. I would definately buy that car if I had the money.
i would want that car too i mean its nice on the interior and exterior and the leather looks real comfortable and the greeting on the dash is pretty cool too and the blue gauges and its a good sedan too so you really dont need to worry about space like in a coupe and i think Acura is really updating their cars from the TL i think its got 270 the NSX has the 290 and this has got the 300 and also an AWD system thats like a Skyline in basic specs except for the Skyline has a I6 twin turbo and this has a V6 but that is alot of power from a V6
Old 04-20-2004, 12:57 AM   #7
Chaos in 1983!
Regular User

OMG look at that interior...is beautiful!!!! :shock: although the exterior doesn't look Acura at all...

"You stick to building tractors and I will stick to building sports cars" -Enzo Ferrari to Ferruccio Lamborghini...
Chaos in 1983! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2004, 04:11 AM   #8
stracing
Regular User

that better come in manual or else the awd is wasted. i would love to do 7 grand clutch dump on that
stracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2004, 08:40 AM   #9
oantob
Regular User

according to the source...
"Inside, the RL Prototype is as luxurious as it is sporty. The interior features rich leather, genuine wood trim, an assortment of leading-edge technology and, for the first time in a North American vehicle, standard real time traffic information integrated into a new in-car satellite-based navigation system featuring AcuraLink(TM). Utilizing the XM NavTraffic service beamed from XM's satellites, the RL Prototype's 8-inch navigation screen can display a variety of up-to-the-minute traffic information where available including flow (traffic speed), accidents, and construction on freeways in 20 major metro areas including Los Angeles, New York and Chicago. Flow and accident information are updated continuously, allowing drivers to take the least congested route to their destination.

In addition to enabling the real time traffic feature, the AcuraLink Satellite-Based Communication System allows for communication between Acura and the vehicle, providing customers with the latest diagnostic information specific to their vehicle as well as vehicle-related messages. Because it is linked to the car's HandsFreeLink(TM) wireless telephone interface, drivers can respond to messages or one-touch-dial Acura dealers and Acura Roadside Assistance (TLC) using their Bluetooth phone."
IMO its cool to have your car connected to the cellphone with the bluetooth...
Old 04-20-2004, 12:06 PM   #10
DeMoN
Regular User

Those dials are great for being an Acura!