Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > General Discussion > What You Saw Today

What You Saw Today Got a camera or camcorder ?? Why not put it to good use and show us what you have captured with it today !!!

Old 08-29-2004, 11:19 PM   #1
T-Bird
Regular User

Default Road & Track, Car and Driver Test Drive Event

It's more of what I did today but it's all the same.

I went to the Road & Track, Car and Driver Test Drive event sponsored by Subaru.
We got to drive the new Legacy 2.5T(sedan and wagon), the new BMW 325i(sedan and wagon) and Volvo V70.
The instructors were all professional Race car drivers from Formula cars to LeMans cars, and they were all great.
We got to test cars in Handling, Performance and overall.
first we had a short Dynamic driving lesson then a fast lap with the instructor then we let loose on the tracks. I was able to smoke the tires on the BMW on my first time out, they kept telling us to go for it rarely did they say slow down. We were pounding on the cars and then we got to take "Power Laps" with the instructors driving and they were powersliding these things through the corners smoking the tires like crazy it was great, sadly didn't have time to take any action shots really but it was great fun and can't wait for the next one.

At the end we got to check a special car they had in a Tent,
http://motorworld.net/forum/showthre...=238560#238560 <--- Go there to find out what.
T-Bird is offline   Reply With Quote