Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Automotive Brands Forum > What Do You Drive Or Ride ?

What Do You Drive Or Ride ? No bullshit inside here please

Old 02-05-2004, 05:28 AM   #16
cho_888
Regular User

yeah not a problem any time mate, not a bad car for a 25 year old
Old 02-05-2004, 05:34 AM   #17
gto625
Regular User

Originally Posted by cho_888

the streets a lined with these's things over here. Maybe not this particular model. Nice car mate. I would just like to say i wouldnt spedn that kinda money on that kinda car

EDIT: AUTO?? what!
Ok, maybe I should clarify a little bit... I got the car as an ex-executive vehicle - it belonged to the owner of the Holden dealership here (registered to Holden) and was about 6 months old when I picked it up for a steal... this should also help to explain the auto thing. My previous car was a VX SS Commodore with the 6-speed manual, and if I had the choice I probably would have got the manual in this one... like I said though, the manual is a bit of a bitch around town - never thought I'd say this, but I'm starting to appreciate the auto... only cause I drive it in traffic all the time though
gto625 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2004, 05:54 AM   #18
cho_888
Regular User

yes true, but when you want to have fun, its not teh same, but when you are falling asleep their is nothing better
Old 02-05-2004, 06:14 AM   #19
gto625
Regular User

yes true, but when you want to have fun, its not teh same, but when you are falling asleep their is nothing better
Hmmm... I can see where you're coming from, but I have to give it some credit - still smokes 'em up without any hassles and runs low 6's for 0-100kph time - nothing too flashy, I know, but not too bad either.

The Coupe 4 comes out in June as auto only... 270kw 4wd (68% rear drive)... still managed to pull 6.3 seconds 0-100kph during HSV's latest testing runs... and that was on gravel!
Old 02-05-2004, 06:17 AM   #20
cho_888
Regular User

ow 6's? are you sure? did you get that out of a motor mag mate? because those time are about as accurate as a sledge hammer! its rubbish! It that case my(dads) S2000 will give you a run for your money
Old 02-05-2004, 06:33 AM   #21
gto625
Regular User

ow 6's? are you sure? did you get that out of a motor mag mate? because those time are about as accurate as a sledge hammer! its rubbish! It that case my(dads) S2000 will give you a run for your money
I did one pass on the highway down the road with a g-tech meter in the car. With traction control on and a slight up-hill it pulled 6.4sec. Chances are if I found a better piece of road and turned off the TC (and probably had a better meter) I could have got a much better time.

The TC in the Holden's is far from perfect, it limits throttle application too much and for too long when you're trying to launch it... going to redo this test properly but until then this is the only time I have to go on.

(so why didn't I redo it straight away? after I hit 100kph I saw a cop parked on the side of the road -- it was only an 80 zone, so I got out of there. :x )
Old 02-05-2004, 06:43 AM   #22
cho_888
Regular User

ahh i forgot its auto the manuel would be a a fair bit quicker
Old 02-05-2004, 07:56 AM   #23
sikx5
Regular User

man i hate holden, so much money for so little quality...but if you like it then its good work for a 25yr. pitty you got the series I, the series II actually has lots of major changes. are we expecting to see some tyres being shredded?
Old 02-05-2004, 08:41 AM   #24
brian
Regular User

I wonder how many pontiac > holden, holden > pontiac conversions we'll see once the GTO starts selling

...and nice car man, the pics were def worth the wait

My Album
brian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2004, 12:43 PM   #25
Kangaroo Boy
Regular User

It that case my(dads) S2000 will give you a run for your money
The chevy would eat your old man in a straight line.My mates mum raced one in her VU SS and she has only a cam and ecu changes,exhuast and headders and other little mods.(its meant to have 290kw)..But the S2000 has no power for straight line drag racing...Your dad would get off the line quick,but slowly the monaro would catch up and over take it.
But my mates uncle has a Torrana 1977 LX hatchback with worked 308..Nice car.But Still needs alot more work on it to become road registerable.I should take some pics next time I see him and his mum ute.My brothers head chef owns a VS V6 supercharge ute,(not a Gm blower but a 4a-gze supercharger),with exhuast,headders and chip.That thing goes alright for a V6.Anyway,GTO625 what do you do for a living?Living Canberra means to things?You work in the defence force or you work for the Government.
Old 02-06-2004, 01:32 AM   #26
sikx5
Regular User

Originally Posted by Kangaroo Boy
It that case my(dads) S2000 will give you a run for your money
The chevy would eat your old man in a straight line.My mates mum raced one in her VU SS and she has only a cam and ecu changes,exhuast and headders and other little mods.(its meant to have 290kw)..But the S2000 has no power for straight line drag racing...Your dad would get off the line quick,but slowly the monaro would catch up and over take it.
But my mates uncle has a Torrana 1977 LX hatchback with worked 308..Nice car.But Still needs alot more work on it to become road registerable.I should take some pics next time I see him and his mum ute.My brothers head chef owns a VS V6 supercharge ute,(not a Gm blower but a 4a-gze supercharger),with exhuast,headders and chip.That thing goes alright for a V6.Anyway,GTO625 what do you do for a living?Living Canberra means to things?You work in the defence force or you work for the Government.
tis tis kangaroo boy....you know holden suck buddy.....any car company can make a car which has a engine ready for use....ppftt...piece of shit holden
Old 02-06-2004, 03:27 AM   #27
gto625
Regular User

Originally Posted by Kangaroo Boy
Anyway,GTO625 what do you do for a living?Living Canberra means to things?You work in the defence force or you work for the Government.
No, and no... well sort of... I'm an IT consultant working for a company called Iocore (analyst, designer, programmer, network admin, etc...).Currently I'm working on 3 projects, all for Australian Customs.

Originally Posted by sikx5
man i hate holden, so much money for so little quality...but if you like it then its good work for a 25yr. pitty you got the series I, the series II actually has lots of major changes. are we expecting to see some tyres being shredded?
Well, I could reply with a long and in depth comment to this one, but everyone is entitled to their opinion The only thing I consider poor about the car is the TC, the overall quality is amazing. I too like the series II, but (as per my previous post) I got this one for a steal- don't think I'd have coughed up full price for it.

Don't expect too much tyre shredding with this one any time soon, can't really afford the replacement rubber right now.

any car company can make a car which has a engine ready for use....ppftt...piece of shit holden
The GenIII has been changed in many ways since it's arrival to Aus... that's all I'm gonna say about that.
Old 02-06-2004, 03:39 AM   #28
cho_888
Regular User

Yeah i think it is a great car! only the popularity of them is teh only tur off. If i where in england yeah maybe but over here it kinda blends in despite the looks
please that as a compliment
Old 02-06-2004, 03:44 AM   #29
gto625
Regular User

Yeah i think it is a great car! only the popularity of them is teh only tur off. If i where in england yeah maybe but over here it kinda blends in despite the looks
please that as a compliment
Yeah, if a car gets to popular that's enough for me not to buy one... as far as I know there's only 3 or 4 in Canberra, so it's still a rare thing to stumble across another one.
Old 02-06-2004, 03:55 AM   #30
Kangaroo Boy
Regular User

tis tis kangaroo boy....you know holden suck buddy.....any car company can make a car which has a engine ready for use....ppftt...piece of shit holden
Tis Tis sikx5,.You know your in denial.V8 is better engine than 4 cyclindar when it comes to drag racing.....I hate Hondas and VW.