Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > General Discussion > What You Saw Today

What You Saw Today Got a camera or camcorder ?? Why not put it to good use and show us what you have captured with it today !!!

Old 06-05-2007, 10:46 AM   #76
nthfinity
Regular User

wow, a fuel injected 426!

nice work overall.

One thing that you begin to think about when dealing with numbers matching cars is the low level of build quality OEM... 40-50 years ago just doesn't compare with today... But... Sometimes the resto work done is better then OEM that I've seen... simply amazing, and amazingly simple cars, really (in comparison)

Real nice work
Old 06-05-2007, 12:21 PM   #77
gis
Regular User

That looks fantastic,great job paul

http://img402.imageshack.us/img402/5803/dansigsp7.jpg
gis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2007, 08:08 PM   #78
PaulGT2164
Regular User

i dunno the exact count on manhours, but it was 3 people and about 2-3 months, but we were not all focusing on that car, we always have a couple other large projects going on.

we have done a couple injected 426 hemis and they are a blast, we are doing a 44 six-pack car next that will be running 3 two barrel throttle bodies and the same injection setup, so that the owner can still use the original air cleaner, and it will still look somewhat like the original six pack setup. should be a pretty mean engine
Old 06-06-2007, 05:51 AM   #79
stmoritzer
Regular User

nice photo story

my page: www.davidkaiser.ch - "Lamborghini meets St.Moritz" Photo-CD now available !
recent post: 15+ Gallardo Superleggeras roaring in the Swiss Alps !
stmoritzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2007, 07:30 PM   #80
novass
Regular User

^ Those wheels are actually a pretty traditional style wheel for musclecars.

Nice work on the Challenger, it looks great!

Originally Posted by nthfinity
One thing that you begin to think about when dealing with numbers matching cars is the low level of build quality OEM... 40-50 years ago just doesn't compare with today... But... Sometimes the resto work done is better then OEM that I've seen... simply amazing, and amazingly simple cars, really (in comparison)
That is actually a big deal when restoring Pebble Beach and other concours show cars. You have to restore something but also make it look "outdated". The judges often dock points for cars that are restored too well LOL

"Live as if your were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever."
-Mahatma Gandhi
novass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2007, 09:12 PM   #81
Shinigami
Regular User

Paul: I showed an aquintance of mine the photos, and he has a question he wanted me to ask you. Hope you can shed some light, thanks.

"Why are you putting a shaker hood on an original AAR 'Cuda (the blue one you're finishing on the last page). AAR 'Cudas are supposed to have a black fiberglass hood with a triangular scoop on it.
Either that's not an AAR 'Cuda or the guy they're restoring it for wants to devalue his historic vehicle."
Old 06-07-2007, 12:03 PM   #82
silentm
Regular User

wow awesome projects Paul. loved to watch the car getting completed
"Some say that the outline of his left nipple is exactly the same shape as the Nürburgring, and that if you give him a really important job to do, he'll skive off and play croquet... all we know is, he's called the Stig."

The Top Gear Wikiquote
silentm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2007, 02:29 PM   #83
PaulGT2164
Regular User

Shinigami ,

actually it was my bad, its not a AAR Cuda, you are right about the hoodscoop part. I got my wires crossed because we had a AAR Cuda coming to the shop and thats what my mindset was

actually the Blue 'cuda is a 440 Six pack car

my next post will have pics of the burnt orange numbers matching AAR cuda i was thinking of
Old 07-01-2007, 03:13 PM   #84
PaulGT2164
Regular User

Big Update!

Been busy so here we go

1932 Street Rod woodie, going to Germany actually

A 1970 SassyGrass Green Challenger T/A , real, not a clone!

a 1964 Plymouth Fury III with a Hemi Wedge. This car is pretty awesome, runs 11s. We are putting disc brakes on all the way around.

A 1970 Burnt Orange Metallic Cuda AAR, numbers matchiing, and generally regarded as one of the best in the country.

a 1968 olds 442. My fav year personally

A absolutely gorgeous LS6 454 SS Chevelle 'vert 4 speed.

Mark, doing what he does best

The Roadrunner we are restoring, its nearly done, fired it up for the first time last week

and thats it for now! more pics soon !
Old 07-01-2007, 03:21 PM   #85
sentra_dude

Thanks for sharing the pics, you have some real classics at your shop.

------------
1992 Toyota Celica GT 5spd, intake.
sentra_dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2007, 06:10 PM   #86
franck bullitt
Regular User

Location: 10 mls from Eurodisneyland....and too far from unlimited speed's highway!

Originally Posted by gis
That looks fantastic,great job paul

+1....000
Old 07-02-2007, 09:38 PM   #87
PaulGT2164
Regular User

thanks Guys i have a video of the '32 running...nothing like the sound of a built 454 will post it later.
Old 07-03-2007, 11:23 AM   #88
silentm
Regular User

gotta love the stickers on the internals on the Roadrunner

man i love that challenger T/A. do you know where to in germany that hotrod is going?
"Some say that the outline of his left nipple is exactly the same shape as the Nürburgring, and that if you give him a really important job to do, he'll skive off and play croquet... all we know is, he's called the Stig."

The Top Gear Wikiquote
silentm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2007, 07:45 PM   #89
PaulGT2164
Regular User

Sorry for the delay once again, it has been busy as usual.

Here are alot of new pics from the shop. Enjoy!

Some interesting things have came and gone in the shop. Most notably one of two Smokey Yunich prototype Hemi-Headed 302 ex-trans-am race car camaros came into the shop for me to do a little work on. Smokey originally designed and helped Chevrolet build six of these engines and two found their ways into camaros. They produced about 600hp.

The Hemi Roadrunner which has been in the shop for a year (it came to us literally in boxes) Has been completed and delivered to its happy new owner.

The 440 Six Pack 'Cuda (the blue one) fired for the first time since the late seventies last week, and is nearing completion after a year long build.

We have also started work on a one of six produced NASCAR pace car Camaro. These are not to be confused with the Indy Pace Car cars, which are common. These were specially assembled by Chevy for NASCAR (the title shows the owner as "NASCAR" hahah) The six were each decorated up to a certain track, this one happens to be the Wilksboro North Carolina Car. It is going to be a complete nut and bolt concours quality restoration.

We have also Started work on a 56 chevy truck owned by a local professional althete. It will be recieving a built twin-turbo 502 C.I. Engine and a Art Morrison Frame (which is due in monday).

There are many other cars depicted here, I will try to explain what they are/what was done!

Enjoy my friends!

1970 Cuda - 528 C.I. Hemi - Approx 675-700hp. We installed Fuel Injection (Accel DFI same system that we used on the orange 426 challenger) and I installed a custom a/c setup last week.

1965 World of Wheel Showcar. This car was pretty awesome, and my fav body style. It was in the shop for tuning because the new owner (a prof. athlete) wanted to drive the car. We had found with our wideband that it was running dangerously lean, which meant we installed new carbs (it has a three carb setup) instead of modifying the carbs on the car due to them being date coded carbs from 1965 (makes them worth 3 grand) then we changed the exhaust as per the owners taste and modified the seat mounts to allow 6 more inches of rear slide (hes a big guy)

A Buick Grand National. the last of the great Buick muscle cars. This one was in for some detailing, as it only has 15k miles on it. For those that don't know, the GN had a turbo charged 3.8 liter that was capable of propelling this car into the 13s in the quarter back in the mid 80s.

We had to move some stuff around, so it looked like a car show outside of our shop haha

a 1961 Pontiac Bonniville that was in for alot of suspension and a/c work (the previous installer had mounted the underhood components recklessly which we corrected.) This has a 421 c.i. tri-power engine with the 8 lug wheels and 4 wheel drum brakes.

a very nice Pontiac GTO that I installed new rear springs and shocks.

After a four wheel disc brake conversion, some tuning, rust patching, and some repainting the 64 Sport fury III powered by a Max-Wedge HEMI is on its way to its new owner. This car ran 11s in the quarter without much modification. the Max Wedge Hemis were known for the interesting staggered carb setup utilizing two four barrel carbs sitting atop a wedge shaped intake manifold. They were either 413 cubic inch or 426 cubic inch, this one being a 426.

1968 Chevelle, owned by the previously mentioned athlete, this one we refinished the engine bay, re-wired, installed the EFI computer, and ignition controls. I installed a Moser rear end, and new aftermarket springs/trailing arms. It will be recieving a 800hp supercharged small block at a later date.

A exceptionally original and well kept 1967 Belvedere / GTX convertible. This one is a great example and was very nice. The owner was stopping by to say hello to everyone ( a common thing at our shop, lots of visitors!)

A nice 'vette powered by a 327 and backed by a four speed. It was in the shop for seatbelts, sidepipe brackets, new fuel tank, and a new fuel sender.

A "above" shot of part of the shop.

A very very nice "Sublime Green" Challenger. This was in the shop for some tuning and a few other issues. It was on its way to its new owner, a employee of Jay Leno's show or shop.

A 1970 Buick 442 W30. This will be receiving a full frame off restoration. It was found in a barn on a horse farm. This car also was equipped with the ultra rare aluminum rear end option.

Here is the start of the 56 twin turbo 502 truck!

Here is a "Sassygrass Green" Challenger T/A. This is a real numbers matching car, and very nice. The only drawback is that it was a automatic car. The Challenger T/A and the Cuda AAR were limited run cars that celebrated Dodge's racing success in the Trans-AM class racing. The 'Cuda AAR stood for "All-American Racers" honoring Dan Gurney. They only produced them for the 1970 year, and production of each was only 2197 units. We actually have a high number of these cars come through here, its very exciting. They 'Cuda AAR and the Challenger T/A were powered by a 340 C.I. high revving V8 that made approx. 290 HP. This car was a direct Competitor to the 69 Camaro z28s that had a 302 C.I. Engine that made 290 HP and could rev to 7000 RPM. Back in the day the AAR and the T/A were the faster on the street due to its larger motor with more torque, but the Z28 was generally faster around the race track in stock form!

Here is a pic of a 69 Z28 that was a direct competitor on the streets and race tracks with the previous car. This one has been in the shop awhile looking pretty and waiting for some clutch/brake work.

Here is a nice 66 mustang. This car has the Shelby style rear windows, and is powered by the K-Code mustang GT engine. We installed a new carb, and a t-5 five speed transmission.

Old 09-16-2007, 07:50 PM   #90
PaulGT2164
Regular User

Here are the pics of the Smokey Yunich Camaro.

Driving this car gave me goosebumps. The historical and rareness value of this car is nearly overwhelming! Fantastic showcase of late 60s engineering and great representation of the legend known as Smokey Yunich!

Another interesting fact is that the Valve Covers on this car are magnesium. Jim Hall, the man behind the amazing Chapparall Race cars, had a hand in developing this motor, and the valve covers are identical in design to those used on Chapparall race cars.