Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > General Discussion > General Chat

General Chat General chat about anything that doesn't fit in another section here

Closed Thread

Old 04-17-2004, 03:24 AM   #61
geekdiggy
Regular User

btw perhaps getting rid of that whole group temporarily would avoid this problem, just until we find out who's responsible for justin syder getting thigns he aint supposed to. sorry to rag on you about it again jabba but i said several times it'd be a bad idea to post martin brundle's video to the download group as most members can't be trusted. i hate to say i told you so but, i told you so

hard to hit in only three tries.
Old 04-17-2004, 04:58 AM   #62
Viper007Bond
Regular User

This thread was pointed out to me (no, not by Justin) and just have a few comments. And before you ask, no, I'm not gonna stand up for Justin. From what I've seen and read, yes, he has gotten what he deserved from his poor choices and from being a prick. Anyway...

Originally Posted by DeMoN
That is one twisted retarded bastard. Those forums give the 5th gear vids out in torrents so its no use comparing their service to direct download ones.
Just thought that I'd point out that I for one have never compared my site to Jabba's.

Originally Posted by Jabba
I like the way they are accepting donations (so far $30 I think) for videos that I have captured and provided for JW free of charge.

They say its not like really making money from the videos though as the money is being used to buy a better capture card and other equipment and that the BBC will understand and not mind as Top and Fifth Gear is not broadcast in the USA.

I am sure the BBC and channel 5 would be delighted that they are using the money to buy better equipment to ripp more of their shows off.

What of course will happen is they will draw the attention of the BBC as they are taking money for their shows and then they will be shut down...and then the BBC will probably make their way over here and try and close JW down as well as they will think we are something to do with them.

I would suggest that they are the selfish ones that through their stupidty and greed will ruin it for everyone.
:roll: I'm sorry, but I don't have money pouring out of my ears and bandwidth costs money as you must surely know. Large videos x lots of downloads = lots of bandwidth = lots of money.

Originally Posted by RC45
Maybe I am just slow and stupid - but besides Justin Syder - WTF is viperbond007 and active (last posted April 2 2004) upto with that site?
I was not aware that I was not welcome here. Please correct me if I am wrong.

Originally Posted by RC45
Maybe I am just slow and stupid - but besides Justin Syder - WTF is viperbond007 and active (last posted April 2 2004) upto with that site?
What they are about is taking donations for videos that they take from here and other sites.
If you wish to have me take down off my site the 3 or 4 episodes that you ripped before my friend started recording the shows, a simple e-mail or PM will do. I don't intend to or have tried to take credit for you hard work and you are sadly mistaken if you believe that.

And what "other sites"? All of the episodes but one from the end of last October on are unique to my site.

After they have covered the cost of their bandwidth and capture card etc...they hand all the other money back of course
I'm sorry, but that was uncalled for. I don't remember ever flaming your site and there was no need to be rude.

And just for your information, not a single cent has gone into anyone's pocket thank you very much. :roll:

"and so on" : Help support his "dream of owning a viper" fund.

http://www.supercarshowdown.co.uk/js/12.jpg
[See above comment.]

Yes his mission is to fuck everything up for everyone....I have seen viper even tell him to shut up and he is supposed to be one of his moderators.
A result of me not noticing the a-hole side of him in time.

--------------------------------------------------

Anyway, please don't drag me into this. I have nothing to do with Justin being a prick or getting videos off this site.

As for anyone who has a problem with me or my site, feel free to e-mail me at jabbasworld [at] viper007bond [dot] com and I would be glad to discuss it with you.
Old 04-17-2004, 06:58 AM   #63
geekdiggy
Regular User

viper, me personally i appreciate you speaking your side as i've been anxious to hear what your take was on all of this. like i said at viperforums in that one discussion (and i'm sure you'll agree with me on this) that it doesn't have to be, it SHOULDN'T have to be, a jabbasworld vs viperforums war going on, here or over there. aaaaaand i hope everybody realizes that. jw and viperforums can be quite a compliment to one another and it'd be fab if we could leave the "well that site sucks this one is better" out of this. remember this thread is about how much syder sucks, not anyone's website. just thought i'd point that out to everyone.

hard to hit in only three tries.
Old 04-17-2004, 07:14 AM   #64
Jabba
Regular User

Originally Posted by Viper007Bond
I'm sorry, but that was uncalled for. I don't remember ever flaming your site and there was no need to be rude.

And just for your information, not a single cent has gone into anyone's pocket thank you very much. :roll:
You chose to make Justin Syder a moderator on your website which he uses to post his pointless crap about JW on....and therefore he is dragging you into this.

He has been banned twice from here and yet still comes back to take more videos that I have no doubt are then traded on your site. If that isn't bad enough he then sends me an email bragging about what the latest thing is that he has taken from me.

Where has the (at last count) $30 gone then that you have taken in donations if not into anyones pocket ?

The bottom line is you are paying for your website through someone elses copyrighted material and that makes you a bigger target than someone that isn't. I just hope that when you get closed down that you don't drag JW down as well.

Racingflix do not offer full programme videos for this very reason and we sure do not advertise the fact that we do or do not offer full videos for downloading let alone take any money for them.

Old 04-17-2004, 07:31 AM   #65
Viper007Bond
Regular User

You chose to make Justin Syder a moderator on your website which he uses to post his pointless crap about JW on....and therefore he is dragging you into this.
I respectfully disagree with you on that. Just because he's posting on my forum does not make me responsible for his words. I'm not going to censor someone on my forum - he has a right to his opinion.

As for the donations, you have brought up some valid points and I am going to reconsider that.
Old 04-17-2004, 07:33 AM   #66
Jabba
Regular User

Surely by accepting money now you would agree that you are now on the radar (and putting other sites on it) and have pushed the illegal boundry farther.
Old 04-17-2004, 07:37 AM   #67
Viper007Bond
Regular User

There is a finite distinction though between charging people for other's work and giving it away with no profit or gain.
Old 04-17-2004, 07:39 AM   #68
Jabba
Regular User

Shall we e-mail the BBC and Channel Five and ask them if they agree ?
Old 04-17-2004, 07:41 AM   #69
Anonymous

Inetresting discussion personally i think asking for donations take the boundary that step to far over the line of legality voulatary donations are a different matter but advertsing the fact that you need donations to rip more stuff is a bit dodgy IMO

Old 04-17-2004, 07:44 AM   #70
Viper007Bond
Regular User

Well it all started when people approached me asking to donate to the site...

Anyway, whatever, fuck donations.
Old 04-17-2004, 07:45 AM   #71
Jabba
Regular User

There is a finite distinction though between charging people for other's work and giving it away with no profit or gain.
You have gained hosting a website for free out of it and by the looks of it have got or hopeing to get a TV capture card out of it as well.

Old 04-17-2004, 07:45 AM   #72
Anonymous

Well perhaps that is how it should have stayed so you don't draw attention to yourself and your website

Old 04-17-2004, 07:54 AM   #73
Jabba
Regular User

I respectfully disagree with you on that. Just because he's posting on my forum does not make me responsible for his words. I'm not going to censor someone on my forum - he has a right to his opinion.

As for the donations, you have brought up some valid points and I am going to reconsider that.
To be honest viper I couldnt give a shit about anything someone posts on your forum least of all JS.

I am pissed off however that he is taking videos from me that I capture and that you take cash donations for.

You could get into some serious shit for this as well as I could.... and get both our sites closed down.

You seem like a decent kind of guy with good intentions that perhaps has been tempted to push his luck one step to far perhaps.
Old 04-17-2004, 07:56 AM   #74
Viper007Bond
Regular User

I am pissed off however that he is taking videos from me that I capture and that you take cash donations for.
What does my site have to do with the DVD rips?
Old 04-17-2004, 07:57 AM   #75
TT
Regular User

I respectfully disagree with you on that. Just because he's posting on my forum does not make me responsible for his words. I'm not going to censor someone on my forum - he has a right to his opinion...
Well, everybody can have his opinion, true, but since he is a mod, he can be seen as an "official" spokesman in the site he moderate.