Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > General Discussion > Motorsport News And Discussion

Old 01-30-2007, 12:47 PM   #736
McLaren4eVa
Regular User

Your a seriously lucky bloke, i would love to be in dubai when that happens.
Old 01-30-2007, 12:53 PM   #737
TopGearNL
Regular User

You guys get everything :shock:
Old 01-30-2007, 05:25 PM   #738
TopGearNL
Regular User

Originally Posted by dani_d_mas
Originally Posted by TopGearNL
You guys get everything :shock:
They have the money so...

What really pisses me off is that a nice european track will be dismissed in favour of the new one in Dubai - I just hope it's not Spa... again
Yep thats the thing...

I really hope it isn't Spa too, thats my favorite track and its closest to my home
Old 01-30-2007, 08:17 PM   #739
McLaren4eVa
Regular User

^^^^ Get rid of imola for dubai and get rid of hockenheim for a night race in singapore.
Old 01-30-2007, 08:23 PM   #740
Max Power

a night race would be stupid...
Max Power is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2007, 08:30 PM   #741
TopGearNL
Regular User

Originally Posted by McLaren4eVa
^^^^ Get rid of imola for dubai and get rid of hockenheim for a night race in singapore.
You must be joking, those are good tracks!

And Maxpower is right, a nightrace would be ridiculous!
Old 01-30-2007, 08:31 PM   #742
ae86_16v
Regular User

I thought that they could only do 18 races total in a season. So does this mean they will replace some other race?

McLaren, I don't think they would get rid of Imola. And isn't Hockenheim already on a Bi-Annual basis already w/ Nurburgring?
ae86_16v is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2007, 08:48 PM   #743
Mattk
Regular User

I lived in Singapore for a few years and the motor-racing scene there consists primarily of local track races and carpark rallies (which actually seem pretty cool). A street-race in Singapore would be pretty fun, but the best areas for street-racing happens to be the commercial district, so practicability issues there. there simply isn't enough space to do it in, even though people love motor racing in Singapore.
Old 01-31-2007, 01:59 PM   #744
sameerrao
Regular User

I like tracks where F1 cars can stretch their legs - high speed tracks - where bravery and skill are called for. Places like Spa, Suzuka, Silverstone. Corners taken at 160mph - stuff like that

I am not a fan of street circuits per se because of the processional kind of driving that this normally entails. I love the qualifying aspect of Monaco as it rewards the brave and precise drive but detest race day there for obvious reasons.

With the Tilke tracks, my primary criticism is that they are so vanilla. I find it difficult to remember the track layout. Some of the older tracks flowed from one place to another beautifully. You can easily look at a couple corners on a TV clip and figure out that it was Suzuka. Today, I really cant do the same for the butchered N'ring, Hockenheim, Sepang, Bahrain,Turkey and China. They track layouts looks so similar. Credit goes to Tilke for his signature chicane, slow corner before the long straight to promote overtaking. But he rarely has a bunch of corners that flow beautifully to get a nice rhythm

"Tazio Nuvolari - The greatest driver of the past, the present and the future" - Ferdinand Porsche
sameerrao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2007, 02:13 PM   #745
TopGearNL
Regular User

I say get rid of the Hungaroring, thats always been a lame track IMO

I agree with Sameerrao that many tracks lookalike so get rid of one of those too!
Old 01-31-2007, 02:33 PM   #746
Max Power

Suzuka is gone bud...and as for Spa how many times has it been raced in its native configuration or raced at all...its been butchered with movable chicanes and remake of the bus stop...
as for the new plain tracks, I disagree, Turkey is got that quad left turn, Bahrain is shit, so's the Germans (but only 1 this season), Sepang is good cause it has Spa like weather (unpredictable)...and China is good cause MS won last time ....

I think these tracks need more time, however i don't agree with them replacing the the 'good' courses that u've mentioned...
Max Power is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2007, 02:23 PM   #747
ae86_16v
Regular User

BAR Honda:

http://www.autoblog.com/2007/02/24/i...1s-new-livery/

Originally Posted by AutoBlog

Thanks to tipster Joseff, we think the answer is a resounding "YES!" Once again, it appears that the discovery was made by playing with URL strings, in this case, the tinkering took place in the Honda Racing F1 gallery. The photos immediately preceding this one are of the unpainted RA107 undergoing testing (and are featured on the gallery homepage). The Earth-liveried car happens to be the next photo in line, which leads us to believe that the official reveal is coming very soon (this weekend, perhaps?). In any case, we reported that the final look was to be revealed in February, and the month's just about over.

The domain name shown on the car's rear wing is not yet active, but it is registered to 19 Entertainment, which counts American Idol among its numerous endeavours. 19 Entertainment has been hired by Honda to help with the team's marketing efforts, and we're sure that the meaning of the new look will be made clear when the official unveiling takes place.

As we said when BlueOvalNews dug up teaser shots and press releases of the renamed Ford Taurus and Mercury Sable, if your photo is online and is not behind some kind of security, it will be found. A web-savvy person doesn't need to be a detective to see when photos are numbered in sequence. Trying the next ones in line is a logical step.

Joseff, thanks for the tip!

UPDATE: Joseff tells us in the comments that the photo was posted first over at F1 Technical's forums. Thanks for the clarification. The "Read" link at the bottom of the post will bring you to the related F1 Technical thread.

[Source: Honda Racing F1 via F1 Technical]
Old 02-24-2007, 02:26 PM   #748
ae86_16v
Regular User

Originally Posted by Yahoo Sports
BMW quicker than expected
Sat 24 Feb, 01:16 AM

BMW Motorsport Director Mario Theissen has admitted that the team is quicker than he expected as the 2007 pre-season draws to a close.

Observers have been impressed with the pace of the Hinwil built F1.07 in winter tests, and Theissen said: "Clearly we are closer to the top teams - Ferrari, McLaren and Renault - than we expected."

The German told the newspaper Augsburger Allgemeinen that BMW also expects to improve during the season, and acknowledged reports that point out the car's reliability weaknesses.

"Until now Ferrari and McLaren look the strongest of all. Both have really top drivers like Fernando Alonso, Kimi Raikkonen and Felipe Massa, but behind them are a group and fortunately we seem already to be a part of it," he said.
http://uk.sports.yahoo.com/24022007/...-expected.html
Old 02-24-2007, 02:30 PM   #749
TopGearNL
Regular User

/\/\ Looks great for a F1 car! :shock:

I can't believe those latest F1 rumours about Raikkonen and Schumi, they're a bit far out..

But watch out for Spyker and Sutil, last tests shown that the car was only just a bit slower then the Williams, so they are just behind the top teams! :shock:
Old 02-24-2007, 02:33 PM   #750
TopGearNL
Regular User

/\/\ Good news! And I like Kubica very much, the man has already shown us what he can do, he's insane and got balls just like De La Rosa, thats why I like them!