Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Automotive Brands Forum > Car Chat

Old 04-26-2007, 05:01 AM   #1
vexor
Regular User

Default Official Mitsubishi Lancer Evo X

Mitsubishi has revealed images of the final production version of the all-new Lancer Evolution X high performance sedan. Looking almost identical to the Concept X and Prototype X vehicles rolled out at 2005’s Tokyo and 2007’s Detroit Auto Shows, the new Evo is set to turn the performance market on its head with its aggressive styling and giant-killing potential.

The new model features Mitsubishi’s S-AWC traction and handling system. The latest generation AWD system integrates improved torque distribution and braking management, which allows for more responsive handling and a greater degree of control and stability.

Other features include a new lightweight version of the venerable 2.0L turbo mill with MIVEC3 valve control plus an aluminum cylinder block. Drive is sent to all four wheels via a new six-speed automated manual transmission that offers faster gear changes and improved fuel-economy over the previous generation’s conventional manual box.

For the first time in the model’s history, Mitsubishi will be releasing the car outside of Japan initially with the launch scheduled for the first quarter of next year in North America. The new Evo can’t come soon enough.
- MotorAuthority.com

Nice to see that the production version is almost exactly the same as the concept.

vexor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2007, 05:35 AM   #2
RAMMIUS
Regular User

^x2
Old 04-26-2007, 06:14 AM   #3
kksh
Regular User

Nice to see someone taking thier halo car seriously. Unlike Subaru making the Impreza into a Mazda 3/Corolla wannabe.

Goddamnit...
An entire generation pumping gas, waiting tables; slaves with white collars.
Advertising has us chasing cars, megapixel cellphones and clothes.
Working jobs we hate so we can buy shit we don't need.
We're the middle children of history, man...
No purpose or place.
We have no Great War. No Great Depression. Our Great War's a spiritual war... our Great Depression is our lives.
We've all been raised on television to believe that one day we'd all be millionaires, and movie gods, and rock stars.
But we won't. And we're slowly learning that fact.
And we're very, very pissed off
kksh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2007, 06:17 AM   #4
redbaron
Regular User

I like the front, but I am not sure about the rest of the car. I probably need to see it in real. I certainly like it more than the new Impreza.
redbaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2007, 06:31 AM   #5
Q
Regular User

they ruined it!! EVO7-8-9 r the best....but this is exactly what i said when the EVO7 came out, i said oooh they ruined it....then i got used to the 7 and realised that it is nicer than the older gens...so, i will lke this one for sure later on when all the JAP Tuner companies play wid 'em
Old 04-26-2007, 06:52 AM   #6
MIHALS
Regular User

too much Dodge-looking

but I do like it
Old 04-26-2007, 09:43 AM   #7
dutchmasterflex
Regular User

Looks good to me. Better than the last Lancer IMO..
Old 04-26-2007, 12:07 PM   #8
EvolutioniuM
Regular User

I dont care about the look as much as I care about performance, although I believe that Evo VII/VIII/IX looks more aggressive

I hate the new mature attitude of this Evo; in 2001 Evo VII was competing with Skyline GTR R34, I cant see how this thing is going to compete with The New 450+BHP GTR or any up-coming Japanese loaded with V8s and V10s since all reports says that it will be powered with a 300-325 BHP inline 4 engine

I dont consider this car a successor for the previous Evos, which used to kill cars with triples they're price tag, this car - Evo X - cant compete with its own lighter and similarly-powered predecessor!! :bad: :bad: :bad:
EvolutioniuM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2007, 12:19 PM   #9
novass
Regular User

I like the front end, but not really the rest of the car.

"Live as if your were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever."
-Mahatma Gandhi
novass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2007, 12:49 PM   #10
ViperASR
Regular User

I actually like it. I might have to run to the Mitsu dealer when they come out and give it a look.

"plus being able call your penis master chief during sex has got to be comical at least once"-gis
ViperASR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2007, 12:56 PM   #11
rave426
Regular User

The wheels suck. Putting some aggresive machine grey 19's on that car will totally change the look.
Old 04-26-2007, 01:55 PM   #12
silentm
Regular User

wow i really like it though the rear lights are taken of an Alpha
"Some say that the outline of his left nipple is exactly the same shape as the Nürburgring, and that if you give him a really important job to do, he'll skive off and play croquet... all we know is, he's called the Stig."

The Top Gear Wikiquote
silentm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2007, 03:52 PM   #13
chest3r
Regular User

It looks pretty much as the concept, but both Impreza and Lancer have always looked like a sedan with a lot of spoilers, wings, air intakes and stuff, and this one isn't different.

It looks way more aggressive than the previous Evo 7, 8, and 9 and it looks better than the next Impreza.

Anyway, not a good looking car to me!
Old 04-26-2007, 09:39 PM   #14
wannas
Regular User

i think that they have really hit the mark with this car...considering subaru screwed up the new STI SOO badly
wannas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2007, 06:49 AM   #15
EvolutioniuM
Regular User

Originally Posted by ViperASR
I actually like it. I might have to run to the Mitsu dealer when they come out and give it a look.
All the new generations of sports car got some power increase; M3 got a 420BHP V8, Corvette will get 420BHP LS3, Skyline get 450+ twinturbo V6 and so on.

Away from rally regulations, Puting a 300 BHP (280ps on papers) engine in this car would make it uncompetitive compared to new sportscars, unlike how it used to be before killing cars that costs 3 times more

Ironically the new Evolution is a Devolution of what it was
EvolutioniuM is offline   Reply With Quote