Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > General Discussion > General Chat

General Chat General chat about anything that doesn't fit in another section here

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-14-2009, 03:53 AM   #1
10000rpmlover
Regular User

Default why are these cars so damn expensive?

when the mk IV supra was out, brand new, it was expensive but it was never this crazy... I looked at some ads for a slight modded to stock supra, I did not care if it was turbo or not as it was a car my nephew wanted to purchase and he is a college kid that just wants a supra, I figured I'll help him

WTF? I could not find anything nearly stock and the ones that were had over 190k miles with a price tag of over 25 big ones, no way in hell I'd buy something like that

WTf are people thinking? second search on autotrader was for a 1993 to 1999 nissan 240sx (silvia) and the prices were off the charts the cheapest one was a 5,000 dollar junker with tons of rust, and a nice KA24 engine with 230k miles on it... this is stupid

so we set on a nicely priced and equipped 1997 eclipse GSX (AWD turbo 4g63t) with only 2 mods, a big godzilla front mount intercooler and boost controller, we are going to go see it and buy tomorrow, it is a nice car, has less than 80k miles and goes for less than 6,000 too bad it is white, not a color I like much, again what are people thinking, there are supras and RX-7 cars on sale ads for over 2 years and they wonder why people will not buy them? I like my rx-7 and all but I know that if I put it for sale I cannot expect to make 45 thousand on it, even if I think it is worth it, it is a hard pill to swallow when you see a car with lots of wear and tear on the engine and trans going for such out of this orbit prices, don't even get me started on old skyline prices, you could not find one here for less than 50 G's and then you will have to pay the tax man to register a car that is illegal to own in the USA

think about this for a second, 50 grand can buy you a new corvette or
-a slightly used aston martin v8 vantage
-a dodge viper
-a slightly used M5
and many others
and you will be happier and cooler to boot, most likely without the worries of trying to find parts for a caveman era supra or a skyline which needs parts imported from the moonspeak land, why do they post these ridiculous prices for these cars?

twin turbo, AWD, AWS, 6spd, drop dead gorgeous, what's not to like? mitsubishi should go back and make these again
10000rpmlover is offline   Reply With Quote