Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Television and Movies > Top Gear Discussion

Old 02-02-2007, 03:44 PM   #16
dutchmasterflex
Regular User

Yeah people forget he's just a journalist...who happens to like cars but no better way to create drama on JW than to bash Clarkson
Old 02-02-2007, 03:54 PM   #17
Stoopie
Regular User

Location: United Provinces of the Kingdom of Great Netherlands

^ LOL! Very true indeed dutchmasterflex
Stoopie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2007, 08:26 PM   #18
ae86_16v
Regular User

Originally Posted by brembo
Originally Posted by saadie
i see lots comming up against him after " the good bad the ugly" .. :roll:
like .. he cant drive ... he cant keep a car etc etc ...
well anyway .. i have a question ..

who cares ?
Its to disscredit everything he say so they can use it as an argument when he doesnt say the things they want....
Whatever it is worth, I still find some entertaining. It is good entertainment.

If you want unbiased reviews, maybe pick up a car mag that only states the numbers.
ae86_16v is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2007, 09:03 PM   #19
nthfinity
Regular User

Originally Posted by sentra_dude
What was the point of this post...?

Clarkson often found himself not driving his beloved Ford GT for a few months, only to decide it was a good day here and there, few and far between. In that time, the GT's battery goes dry from lack of use and abuse; so Jeremy does the logical thing, and attach the trickle charger, right?

As many of you know, a trickle charger is designed to keep a battery charged at the same value while not being used over a significant period of time. A trickle charger does not in fact charge a battery. Go figure.

There is some vindication for the TV presenter, as there was a legitimate problem somewhat later with the Cobra alarm system, and periodically activating itself.

You say he is an idiot, but then you say it wasn't his fault? As sameerrao pointed out a trickle charger is supposed to charge your battery, so why wouldn't he be upset when his car's battery was dead after it had been sitting on a trickle charger for a long period?
whats the point? We all enjoy Jeremy, this is previously unpublished information.
Second, it had not been sitting on a trickle charger, although, he seemed to have one; it was NOT installed until after Jeremy found the battery dead. Third, the point is, his antics follow him home. I never once say that I don't find him highly entertaining, as I do.

Originally Posted by mrmojo77
Where is this information from?
I live in Detroit, Where do you think the guys who built the Ford GT come from I personally know a few important people who have worked on the Ford GT, GT500, and two yet-to-be announced SVT projects; one of which is equally out of the box as the Ford GT was.

Originally Posted by ae86_16v
Originally Posted by brembo
Originally Posted by saadie
i see lots comming up against him after " the good bad the ugly" .. :roll:
like .. he cant drive ... he cant keep a car etc etc ...
well anyway .. i have a question ..

who cares ?
Its to disscredit everything he say so they can use it as an argument when he doesnt say the things they want....
Whatever it is worth, I still find some entertaining. It is good entertainment.

If you want unbiased reviews, maybe pick up a car mag that only states the numbers.
It isn't to discredit him. It is information not published before. I know people who have had repeat interactions with our favorite presenter who have little like of the guy, and have no problem telling why. Do you know people who've met him, talked with him, and gave thier car to him? when you do, then you can write something about that.

Jeremy is thuroughly enjoying, which i even wrote in the first sentence. The story simply suggests that his TV act follows him into his home life. You want to take it as he has no credibillity left at alll, then that's your take, I cannot control your opinions... and you are all reading into it waayyyyyyyyyyy too much.

Oh, and I heard a similar story to what RC had said about his trickle charger experience as well today from a friend with about 8 cars
Old 02-21-2007, 07:55 PM   #20
Pokiou
Regular User

Are you all bitching about this ??

1 thing and 1 thing only.. AT LEAST he can buy these cars.. and when you spend TOP dollar on class cars like he has, you expect nothing and nothing less then 1st class service.

I bet you would all do the same when it comes to paying for something out of your pocket.

I just bought my self a $250.000 car and some of the stuff dont work lol.. and your telling me you wouldnt get pissed off about it.

Battery charging.. ahh sad.. trickle charges charge the car over a long period of time hence the then CHARGER .... its a rhetorical name....

Pok

P.S. Jeremy for World President !!!!
Pokiou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2007, 08:56 PM   #21
nthfinity
Regular User

Originally Posted by Pokiou
1 thing and 1 thing only.. AT LEAST he can buy these cars.. and when you spend TOP dollar on class cars like he has, you expect nothing and nothing less then 1st class service.
buying a car doesn't automatically put one in the eschilon of not being an idiot I mean... If you were Ford/Cobra alarms... and JEremy was activating the alarm himself accidentally with the credit card sized device all the time... do you say "Jeremy, your the one causing the problems... don't do that" You bet.