Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > General Discussion > Video and Picture Links

Video and Picture Links WORKING HTTP or FTP links only, no torrents or other P2P links.

Old 07-27-2008, 05:39 PM   #1
pagani
Regular User

Thumbs up Cruising in mk4 toyota supra turbo whit about 800 whp street tune on e85 pump gas

Darin's Supra E85 Street Driving good for about 800 whp

Last edited by pagani; 07-28-2008 at 02:35 PM.
pagani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2008, 05:43 PM   #2
RC45
Regular User

I call Bullshit on that being "an 8 second car".

Where is the full roll cage that would be required by any drag strip that he took taht car to?

It an "8s on paper" car
RC45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2008, 05:58 PM   #3
5vz-fe
Regular User

I hope he won't run over to on coming traffic one day and kill some innocent ppl
Old 07-27-2008, 07:47 PM   #4
Strop
Regular User

Yeah definitely not an 8 sec. car..... could be, with that engine.....
Strop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2008, 08:41 PM   #5
RC45
Regular User

OK.. I went and had a hunt around the Itardwebs....

Just as I thought.. the car can be set up to run 8.55 @ 171mph. But the form it was being "cruised on the streets" it is barely a 10s 145mph car.

I wish people would put things into perspective. TO me, "street crusing with an 8.55s car" means you are driving around in the car the way it was setup when it ran the 8.55s

Like you can with a Veyron or Enzo or CGT or Macca F1 etc. Those cars are all "legitie" drag strip time" cars

Old 07-28-2008, 02:02 PM   #6
pagani
Regular User

Originally Posted by RC45 View Post
OK.. I went and had a hunt around the Itardwebs....

Just as I thought.. the car can be set up to run 8.55 @ 171mph. But the form it was being "cruised on the streets" it is barely a 10s 145mph car.

I wish people would put things into perspective. TO me, "street crusing with an 8.55s car" means you are driving around in the car the way it was setup when it ran the 8.55s

Like you can with a Veyron or Enzo or CGT or Macca F1 etc. Those cars are all "legitie" drag strip time" cars

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v2a1dXiCbOw
It's a min 8 second car one the 1/4 mile
And in the first video he just in street spec not a race tune.
I never said it runs his race tune on street that would be pointless.

Here is a supra in race tune pretty insane for the street.

Last edited by pagani; 07-28-2008 at 02:08 PM.
Old 07-28-2008, 02:47 PM   #7
RC45
Regular User

Originally Posted by pagani View Post
It's a min 8 second car one the 1/4 mile
And in the first video he just in street spec not a race tune.
I never said it runs his race tune on street that would be pointless.
No that IS the point.

All these yahoos claiming "8s street car" etc.

Its bullchitz is what it is.

It is a 12s street car and an 8.5s RACE car.

That is the reality.

This is where I give the Veuron and Saleen and Enzo props - they ARE 10s or 11s street cars - as they run those times in STREET trim.

No traction and pump gas does NOT equal to 800rwhp and 8.55s for that Supra.

Its a video of a street car with no traction - tahst all that video shows.
Old 07-28-2008, 02:58 PM   #8
pagani
Regular User

No that IS the point.

All these yahoos claiming "8s street car" etc.

Its bullchitz is what it is.

It is a 12s street car and an 8.5s RACE car.

That is the reality.

This is where I give the Veuron and Saleen and Enzo props - they ARE 10s or 11s street cars - as they run those times in STREET trim.

No traction and pump gas does NOT equal to 800rwhp and 8.55s for that Supra.

Its a video of a street car with no traction - tahst all that video shows.
Ok agree whit you but when it's in race tune it's a mid 8 second car.
I think it could do low or high 9 second pass on street tune.
Old 07-28-2008, 03:43 PM   #9
RC45
Regular User

Ok agree whit you but when it's in race tune it's a mid 8 second car.
I think it could do low or high 9 second pass on street tune.
How do you figure that?

Those 1/4 mile times are a fucntion of traction more than anything else.

That car with street tyres would be lucky to run a 12s 1/4 mile. Trap speed might be about 140mph (which is fast) but without traciton there is no way in hell thatcar is going to run 9s or 10s.
Old 07-28-2008, 03:49 PM   #10
pagani
Regular User

How do you figure that?

Those 1/4 mile times are a fucntion of traction more than anything else.

That car with street tyres would be lucky to run a 12s 1/4 mile. Trap speed might be about 140mph (which is fast) but without traciton there is no way in hell thatcar is going to run 9s or 10s.
He could run drag radials.
That would be a 9 second pass on the strip.
It's has been with done supra's before.
Full weight stock interior stock rearend stock 6 speed gearbox.
Example's
So you see rc45 everything is possible whit a supra.

Last edited by pagani; 07-28-2008 at 04:05 PM.
Old 07-28-2008, 04:59 PM   #11
RC45
Regular User

He could run drag radials.
That would be a 9 second pass on the strip.
It's has been with done supra's before.
Full weight stock interior stock rearend stock 6 speed gearbox.

[snip]

So you see rc45 everything is possible whit a supra.
If he runs drag radials it is no longer in STREET trim.

That is the point.

When a Veyron rolls up and runs a 10s 1/4 mile, it is doing so in EXCATLY the same setup it used to drive there.

WHne an 8s Viper or Supra or Vette does so it has tp change tyres, change fuel and sometimes even lose sway bars etc.

It doest matter what anyone says - those are NOT street car runs - they are RACE PREPPED runs.

A street car run is running the car as it is always driven ON the street

My car is a 1m50s MSR lapper... in TRACK setup... in STREET setup, the car would struggle to lap at 1m58s.

That is the point that all these "street car recond" videos miss - totally.

But they seem to make good TV for the fanboys all over
Old 07-28-2008, 05:01 PM   #12
pagani
Regular User

If he runs drag radials it is no longer in STREET trim.

That is the point.

When a Veyron rolls up and runs a 10s 1/4 mile, it is doing so in EXCATLY the same setup it used to drive there.

WHne an 8s Viper or Supra or Vette does so it has tp change tyres, change fuel and sometimes even lose sway bars etc.

It doest matter what anyone says - those are NOT street car runs - they are RACE PREPPED runs.

A street car run is running the car as it is always driven ON the street

My car is a 1m50s MSR lapper... in TRACK setup... in STREET setup, the car would struggle to lap at 1m58s.

That is the point that all these "street car recond" videos miss - totally.

But they seem to make good TV for the fanboys all over
They are street cars whit modded engines whit full interior full weight no aero mods just the bacic shape they come whit.
A drag radial is a street legal tire period just like semi slicks some drive whit those tires on the street.
http://www.bfgoodrichtires.com/overv...dial/1161.html
We are talking dragracing here not road course stuff
That is a diffrent matter.
Old 07-28-2008, 05:59 PM   #13
RC45
Regular User

They are street cars whit modded engines whit full interior full weight no aero mods just the bacic shape they come whit.
A drag radial is a street legal tire period just like semi slicks some drive whit those tires on the street.
http://www.bfgoodrichtires.com/overv...dial/1161.html
We are talking dragracing here not road course stuff
That is a diffrent matter.
No it is NOT different it is the same.

WHy do you think yo uneed to eductae me about drag radials, racing or cars in general? I do know all this already.

But I am sorry, i fyou have to CHANGE your tyres to DRAG RADIALS (even DOT tyres) to make your "record breaking run" then the car is NOT STREET STOCK.

It is RACE modified.

That is the point.

Have you ever seen a DOT drag radila tyre in real life? Or better yet, tried to drive one everyday on the street? Trust me, a DOT Drag Radial is NOT an everyday street tyre - therefore a DO drag radial equipped car is no longer STREET STOCK.

Thatis the point of a "10s street car" - the car need to be AS IT DRIVES on the STREET, not "tweaked or changed or setup or tuned" - just drive to the strip, set a time and drive home.

Like a Veyron as an example - not like a "10s Viper with drag radials".

People seemd to feel the need to justify their "street car" - no shame in admitting it needs to be changed to run fast, just be honest.

So, that Supra is NOT an "8.55s street car" - it would be lucky to be an 11s or 12s street car without some serious non-daily-driver tyres.

Again, dont kid yourself, people who say they "daily drive" with semi-slicks are full of shit. I knwo, I have semi-slicks on my car, and they are almost impossible to use in the rain on the street. So whenI have them on my car, it is not really a street car anymore.

This is just the reality of it all.

These cars are fast, no one is denying that this kids Supra is not fast, it is just not fast in the trim the popular fans of the car want to admit.

Old 07-28-2008, 06:04 PM   #14
pagani
Regular User

No it is NOT different it is the same.

WHy do you think yo uneed to eductae me about drag radials, racing or cars in general? I do know all this already.

But I am sorry, i fyou have to CHANGE your tyres to DRAG RADIALS (even DOT tyres) to make your "record breaking run" then the car is NOT STREET STOCK.

It is RACE modified.

That is the point.

Have you ever seen a DOT drag radila tyre in real life? Or better yet, tried to drive one everyday on the street? Trust me, a DOT Drag Radial is NOT an everyday street tyre - therefore a DO drag radial equipped car is no longer STREET STOCK.

Thatis the point of a "10s street car" - the car need to be AS IT DRIVES on the STREET, not "tweaked or changed or setup or tuned" - just drive to the strip, set a time and drive home.

Like a Veyron as an example - not like a "10s Viper with drag radials".

People seemd to feel the need to justify their "street car" - no shame in admitting it needs to be changed to run fast, just be honest.

So, that Supra is NOT an "8.55s street car" - it would be lucky to be an 11s or 12s street car without some serious non-daily-driver tyres.

Again, dont kid yourself, people who say they "daily drive" with semi-slicks are full of shit. I knwo, I have semi-slicks on my car, and they are almost impossible to use in the rain on the street. So whenI have them on my car, it is not really a street car anymore.

This is just the reality of it all.

These cars are fast, no one is denying that this kids Supra is not fast, it is just not fast in the trim the popular fans of the car want to admit.

A street tire is a street tire we are not talking about if would be a great to drive on a road it's says it's street that it's street legal end of story.
It's a street car whit a hot engine not even a race engine.
A real race engine would never be driven on the street i would have bad idle and would be illegal to drive on the street.
You are wrong i am right.
Just accept it

Last edited by pagani; 07-28-2008 at 06:10 PM.
Old 07-28-2008, 06:27 PM   #15
RC45
Regular User

A street tire is a street tire we are not talking about if would be a great to drive on a road it's says it's street that it's street legal end of story.
It's a street car whit a hot engine not even a race engine.
A real race engine would never be driven on the street i would have bad idle and whit be illegal to drive on the street.
No - we are talking about a tyre that is probably ONLY legal for use on the street in the USA, and if you were to have accident with that tyre you would probably get a citation for running a tyre with less than legal tread depth.

That is the point. This tyre only exists so people can enter their car sin the "street legal" class at the drag strip and have an advantage over the people with proper real street tyres.

And that engine is anything but a "hot street" engine. You hinestly think that Supra is 100% emmissions legal and factory stock excpet for some "boost and tuning"?

FAce it - the guys car is not an "8.55s street" car - it is an "8.55s capable when setup for race" car

Don;t worry, I have the exact same beef with the 9s street Vipers and Vettes and Porsche etc....

They are NOT street cars, they may sometimes be used as street cars, with different tyres, fuel and setup than when they run 9s, and need to be once again changed back to their race setup to run those speeds.

Again, an 8.55s street car would be the car that drives there, does the run and then drives back in the same setup it always uses for daily driving.