Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > General Discussion > General Chat

General Chat General chat about anything that doesn't fit in another section here

Old 04-19-2005, 03:58 AM   #1
TT
Regular User

Default Tourist pics for a change: Saint-Prex

Talk about a change.. in the past year I took thousands of pics, and 99% of them were car related :shock:

The other day I was out with no hunting intentions, I still found a couple of cars, but then on the highway there was a pretty big accident with some huge wait in perpective. So I gave up and instead of wasting my afternoon moving along at 1 km/h on the highway, I took the first exit to just roam around a little and let things settle down. I choosed a little village not too far from here, a village where some days ago I shoot a Diablo 6.0 and an Affolter Diablo GTR Evo just for your info . Obviously my idea was to hunt down some more cars maybe. I saw the 6.0 again, but it was becoming too dark already, and after 1 hour of waiting near the main road I only got an SL600, so I gave up and took a walk into the old village, wich is just a gem! it's a little medieval village, I couldn't find many historic infos about it, but for sure it was already there during the XIII century. That's the case for most villages around here actually, but not all of them are so well preserved IMO.
Only downside: cars are allowed inside, and it's totally wrong since the roads are still as wide as they were some centuries ago.. definitely not created for today's cars...
Anyway, it is a marvellous place. So calm, so tiny and on the lake! Makes for a perfect realxing place expecially since my option was to wait in line on the highway for hours :roll:

Here are some pics, sadly as you can see, it was not only late in the afternoon, but the sun wasn't there :bah: luckily Photoshop helped in adding some colors, or else it would have been a grey festival

this is the main gate to access the village, I guess back then it was the "only" way.

Right beside it, the Tourist Board office or whatever it is called the place where tourists can get informations. The same building was, during XIII and XIV century, the forge of the community.

Inside the village there are a couple of tiny squares like this one

Now for some random pics:

And the local Diablos
Old 04-19-2005, 04:10 AM   #2
stmoritzer
Regular User

"Indeed, if you take a break and stop (= leave the highway), look around and one can see amazing things" philosopic phrase, but true in our fast world

nice pictures, also the detail ones

St.Prex is next to the town Beaufort, isn't it ?

my page: www.davidkaiser.ch - "Lamborghini meets St.Moritz" Photo-CD now available !
recent post: 15+ Gallardo Superleggeras roaring in the Swiss Alps !
stmoritzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2005, 04:24 AM   #3
TT
Regular User

I am ashamed to say I have no idea where Beaufort is LOL. I will look for it, but Saint-prex is basically after Morges (gioing toward Geneva, on the lake)
Old 04-19-2005, 04:45 AM   #4
stmoritzer
Regular User

No need to be ashamed,... after having seen the filename of your pics, I had a look in TwixRoute to find St.Prex on the map.... Beaufort is between the highway and St.Prex

my page: www.davidkaiser.ch - "Lamborghini meets St.Moritz" Photo-CD now available !
recent post: 15+ Gallardo Superleggeras roaring in the Swiss Alps !
stmoritzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2005, 06:14 AM   #5
dingo
Regular User

I like these type of pics (not as much as cars though), its interesting to see different places from around the world It looks pretty quiet/deserted but it sure has a charm about it
A shame that the Lambo's were not at the petrol station this time, but I'm sure you will return to get petrol another time and they (or others) will be there
Old 04-19-2005, 06:32 AM   #6
komotar
Regular User

I love it!

Tourist pics are refreshing!

Some great shots you got! The detail are realy amazing!

Thx! 8)

http://avtomoto.siol.net/
komotar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2005, 08:32 AM   #7
TT
Regular User

Originally Posted by dani_d_mas
Great pics TT, thanks!!! It's a lovely village... When I've been to Switzerland... I usually have visited Gruyere, which is also a medieval village exactly as it was five centuries ago. This one looks pretty good too... so next time I go over there... I'll have a look!
Oh yes, I went there several times already. it's even better, but too many tourists there since it is a well know place still worth a look!

Originally Posted by dingo
A shame that the Lambo's were not at the petrol station this time, but I'm sure you will return to get petrol another time and they (or others) will be there
I never said there were no Lambos at the petrol station
The Diablo 6.0 was there, but since there was lot of traffic and since I saw it two days before I didn't stop

For the others, just a teaser
Old 04-19-2005, 08:48 AM   #8
stradale
Regular User

Beautiful shots, TT. What a picturesque village that is! I don't mind it one bit that you show us pics of something other than cars now and then. I'm just as jealous at the cars you see as at the surroundings anyway.
Old 04-19-2005, 08:58 AM   #9
mindgam3
Regular User

Great pics TT - I guess snapping things other than cars will help broaden your photography skills; they all look very sharp, nice job
mindgam3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2005, 09:39 AM   #10
ARMAN
Regular User

Finally some change! Not just cars and cars and cars and ... more cars Great pics TT, very nice shots

.................................................. .............................
"...free your mind and the body will follow..." - THE MATRIX
ARMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2005, 11:12 AM   #11
TT
Regular User

Originally Posted by dani_d_mas

We'll have a wait some month for the upload... isn't it???
Well, I would like to be able to tell you they will be up tomorrow, but as "always", some hundread of pics will come before them :roll:

Not that there won't be some nice cars, Diablo included, in the pics coming before them
Old 04-19-2005, 12:14 PM   #12
sameerrao
Regular User

Switzerland is beautiful, my friend. Pls take more pics of the scenery around there

Your pics of Lake Geneva (taken some months ago) are still among my faves

"Tazio Nuvolari - The greatest driver of the past, the present and the future" - Ferdinand Porsche
sameerrao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2005, 04:15 PM   #13
Wutputt
Regular User

Some great scenery pics of that little village. As with the cars I like the pics that show some more detail

Nice Lambo combo shot. I just can't wait for the whole series of pics you shot of the two yellow monsters
Wutputt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2005, 05:11 PM   #14
TT
Regular User

Moved this topic here even if I live 15 min away, but it's better here than in the new "travels" section for sure!

For the ones that posted topics about their towns, can you please see if you can find the url to the topic and PM it to me so I can move them here? (lazyness and lack of time prevent me to do the search myself )
Old 05-11-2005, 08:04 AM   #15
Veedub
Regular User

During my studies, I found a summer job in Champex Lac, near Martigny, and spent 3 months there. I just loved it, the landscape is wonderful.

And the roads are awesome too.