Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Automotive Brands Forum > American Cars

American Cars Area dedicated to American Cars from Classic, Muscle, to Modern!

Old 02-16-2005, 04:41 AM   #1
blah
Regular User

Default Confirmation Dates?

Do we have any confirmation dates on the new american cars coming out? THe SRT8, Charger, New Cobra, Z06 and a few others. Also is there gonna be a Mach 1 style car with the new stang? I ask because i was watching a sema show and it said the new cobra would be out by the end of the year. I heard 07 model as the earliest.
Old 02-16-2005, 10:43 AM   #2
JiggaStyles09
Regular User

as far as the cobra, it seems to be the general concensus that at the NYIAS in march it will make some sort of appearance and will be shown as an 07 model starting production in 06. there are also tons of rumors going around about possible special edition mustangs like the shelby GT500/350 (most likely going to happen) or maybe the boss or mach name coming back with the 5.0 cammer engine, all of this is just speculation though. nthfinity seems to be pretty knowledgeable about the new mustang though so maybe he can back me up here

as far as the z06

supposedly this is the first production z06, you can see the plastic on the seats i read in magazines though that customers will not be recieving them until the fall as an 06 model

the rest of the cars you mentioned should be starting production pretty soon as well but i have no idea of actual dates. the SRT-8 has been tested already in a few magazines with 4.9 0-60 times and low 13 second 1/4 miles.
Old 02-20-2005, 02:03 AM   #3
nthfinity
Regular User

^^^
looks pretty good, id say.
but i dont think its quite the 'production' chassis you think it is.
before the line begins full assault of production, usualy about 20-40 chassis are made, to test longer term reliability, and prevent as much TGW as possible.
most, or all of these cars will end up being destroyed... sometimes for crash safety tests etc.

the new mustang cobra was originally touted to debut in 2006.5, but that is no longer the case. fall 2006 as a 2007... or perhaps as late as 2007 in the winter for the southern states.

there definately will be some shelby things to come soon he gets around pretty good for an 80, or was it 82 year old
2009 will see some very special cars coming from Ford/Lincoln. however, i predict this line will only sell well in states with nuclear/renewable power... just a sneaking suspision.
expect a quite new engine in MY2006 for Lincoln and 6 speed automatics, and of course an AWD car for lincoln next year too
Old 02-21-2005, 04:49 AM   #4
blah
Regular User

Originally Posted by nthfinity
^^^
looks pretty good, id say.
but i dont think its quite the 'production' chassis you think it is.
before the line begins full assault of production, usualy about 20-40 chassis are made, to test longer term reliability, and prevent as much TGW as possible.
most, or all of these cars will end up being destroyed... sometimes for crash safety tests etc.

the new mustang cobra was originally touted to debut in 2006.5, but that is no longer the case. fall 2006 as a 2007... or perhaps as late as 2007 in the winter for the southern states.

there definately will be some shelby things to come soon he gets around pretty good for an 80, or was it 82 year old
2009 will see some very special cars coming from Ford/Lincoln. however, i predict this line will only sell well in states with nuclear/renewable power... just a sneaking suspision.
expect a quite new engine in MY2006 for Lincoln and 6 speed automatics, and of course an AWD car for lincoln next year too
I thought he was 86. Damn that newsis badass.