Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > General Discussion > General Chat

General Chat General chat about anything that doesn't fit in another section here

Old 01-08-2004, 04:15 PM   #1
vanquish
Regular User

Default What do you do for living

Hi!

I¨d like to know how did u get money for those awesome cars. Dad bought them? Lotto? I'm really intrested to know!

I live in Finland, where cars are unbeliveable expensive:
For instance:
MB E 55 AMG A 148 000 €
Typical incomes of a engineer is 3000€ (which is quite good here) so it takes at least 50 years to get that amount of money...
SLR McLaren 700 000€...233years, uh can't wait that long
MB C 320 58 500€... 20years

I dont have car yet but maybe next summer ill hopefully buy BMW 325 '91 which is about 10 000€
vanquish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2004, 04:23 PM   #2
blah
Regular User

I am high school student, and during college i hope to work at a either a BMW, Ford, Honda, or Chevrolet Dealer.
Old 01-08-2004, 04:26 PM   #3
jon_s
Regular User

Trainee Solicitor working for a city firm in London.
jon_s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2004, 04:30 PM   #4
BADMIHAI
Regular User

I drive a economy car....Nissan NX 1600. I just turned 17, so I gues It' s OK. Of course, I'm still in highschool.
BADMIHAI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2004, 04:45 PM   #5
yg60m
Regular User

Teacher of mathematics.
Old 01-08-2004, 04:50 PM   #6
SamuraiGti
Regular User

I'm finishing university and the i'll get in the university again.

I used to drive a Suzuki Samurai 1.0, but now i drive a Nissan Primera 1.6 or a Ibiza Tdi

"Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car and oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car. Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall, torque is how far you take the wall with you."
SamuraiGti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2004, 05:26 PM   #7
Donny

I am a D.J. and have my own production company. I own 4 bars and 2 disco's, and take part in a sportshop in Amsterdam.

Drive a M3 SMG convertible (own car) / Mercedes Benz S 400 CDI (company car)

My girl has an Golf TDI, but I am planning to buy her a Range Rover. (but first my options have to raise)

Don

Giant terrago
Donny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2004, 05:38 PM   #8
stradale
Regular User

What kind of music do you use in your sets?
Old 01-08-2004, 06:37 PM   #9
1zippo1
Regular User

Originally Posted by thamar
Still study, nursing, and no I'm not gay
chicks dig it
well I should have thought of that before I went to study informatics. You don't have a clue how the girls are at my school. There are maybe 15% girls and the ones that we have are ... well ugly :cry: except maybe 4 of them... so not much really.

A friend of mine studied for kinder garden teacher for one year... If you want to dig up a chick that's the way to do it There were 231 students at the first year if I'm not wrong and there were only 7 guys Me and my friends spend some hours looking around at that school, just for fun we went there after we went to the pub but they kept throwing us out
1zippo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2004, 06:42 PM   #10
yg60m
Regular User

Old 01-08-2004, 07:26 PM   #11
jaybv6
Regular User

Tech Analyst supporting an e-Commerce infrastructure for one of the UK's largest Financial companies.
Old 01-08-2004, 07:26 PM   #12
mderuige
Regular User

Originally Posted by 1zippo1
Originally Posted by thamar
Still study, nursing, and no I'm not gay :lol:
chicks dig it :D
well I should have thought of that before I went to study informatics. You don't have a clue how the girls are at my school. There are maybe 15% girls and the ones that we have are ... well ugly :cry: except maybe 4 of them... so not much really.

A friend of mine studied for kinder garden teacher for one year... If you want to dig up a chick that's the way to do it :lol: There were 231 students at the first year if I'm not wrong and there were only 7 guys :P Me and my friends spend some hours looking around at that school, just for fun we went there after we went to the pub but they kept throwing us out :P
I see you're also from Belgium, I'm a student carmechanics in Brussels. Our whole school has 190 students, 187 of them are boys and ofcourse the 3 other human beings are supposed to be girls, but they are ugly as hell!
This was a course of three years. I'm in my last year now and next year I'm going to leuven to become an engineer, girls are much more pretty there!
mderuige is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2004, 07:30 PM   #13
pedrohmb
Regular User

i study mechanical engeneering...no girls in the classroom
pedrohmb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2004, 07:46 PM   #14
1zippo1
Regular User

Originally Posted by mderuige
I see you're also from Belgium, I'm a student carmechanics in Brussels. Our whole school has 190 students, 187 of them are boys and ofcourse the 3 other human beings are supposed to be girls, but they are ugly as hell!
This was a course of three years. I'm in my last year now and next year I'm going to leuven to become an engineer, girls are much more pretty there!
Hehe, that's even worse then with us Leuven is really cool yes. I often go there to party. Know some friends there, and well some of the female friends there are indeed quite nice The one I really like also studies there.

But IMO the best Belgian student city is Gent. Ok to be honest I never went to Oostende or Antwerp so I can't be sure but believe me on one thing! Gent rocks bigtime... Only went out there twice and it just doesn't matter what day of the week it is, it's allways a day to party. Do you perhaps know "De overpoort" It's a street with 40 pubs, allmost all next to each other. Well it's great there, lots of nice woman and they just are nicer when you go and talk to them. They will never or rarely say: buz of! And some even come to you and try to hide you! And that's quite rare for me ... girls don't do that a lot in Limburg. In Gent I've even had it twice in one evening :shock: and I'm not really a model you know.

EDIT: I'm considering to continue my studies in Gent next year as a informatics engeneer... 2 of my friends allready do that there
1zippo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2004, 07:55 PM   #15
zevolv
Regular User

I'm studying Automotive Design and our cars are thanks to my parents. My mom owns a preschool, and my dad is the head engineer for quality control at a fabrications company that makes parts for paintball guns and all the way up to airplane parts.