Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Hobbies and Leisure Time > Computers, Consoles, Gadgets And Gizmos > Videogames

Old 12-13-2007, 12:52 PM   #46
HeilSvenska
Regular User

Originally Posted by fabro_s View Post
The cars look insanely real, cant believe it!!
Some of these have better panel gaps than the real ones. They do look good, but something about the lighting's a bit off. And I won't be swayed until I see these in HD.

Sadly, the physics of this game will no way be close to how real these cars look.
HeilSvenska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2007, 01:10 PM   #47
Bizi Jones
Regular User

^^
and you base this on....?
Bizi Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2007, 01:26 PM   #48
HeilSvenska
Regular User

How GT4 and GT:HD played. We've had discussions like this on other threads before. I think it's generally accepted that GT series and the Forza series aren't that realistic. Definitely not compared to how real they look (which is pretty real). It'll be better than NFS or PGR or maybe Forza (maybe not...probably not?). Unless Gran Turismo people redid the entire physics engine (maybe they did), even still, I doubt that they changed it around too much from the GT4. Especially with the huge fan base this game has.
Old 12-13-2007, 01:43 PM   #49
Bizi Jones
Regular User

so what you're saying is that not having played the demo nor the prologue itself...and basing your opinion on a ps2 game you've come to the conclusion that it won't have a realistic feel to it...y not play it before judging something you know nothing about...or watching the movie before saying it sucks...the physics were NEVER a problem with gt series...AI, yes that is worthless...no damage, that is a problem...

your opinion of how the car will feel based of a few pics...lunacy...stop bashing things you know nothing of...or at least back it up with some facts...or a review
Old 12-13-2007, 01:52 PM   #50
HeilSvenska
Regular User

...or at least back it up with some facts...or a review
You can't back an opinion with facts. And yes, I will write a review after how disappointed I'll be after I've played it!

By the way, I didn't say what I said from couple of pics that I just saw this morning. I've had that thought for a while ever since I spent entire vacations playing GT4. (All lost because someone lost the memory card with months' worth of work on it!!!)

So I'll be fair. How does it feel compared to GT4 and GT:HD? Is it better? And by how much?
Old 12-13-2007, 02:05 PM   #51
Bizi Jones
Regular User

from what I saw in the demo...NOT the Prologue itself...the AI doesn't stupidly ram you if you get in its way...it will avoid you, when 2 AI cars are battling, occasionally one will spin out...its no longer a processional race...the tires now make a difference...no longer are their tendencies simply to wear out quicker based on compounds (soft hard etc)...they'll actually slow you down...and it does make the 2 laps (demo), that much more challenging...in some cars you can't even get 1st place after 2 laps (didn't say it was perfect)...

The prologue has online vs play...in an interview with the creator, he claims that there will be an update for damage...so the 3 things that bugged me with gt3/4 have seemingly been improved (+ WAY better graphics, and an inside view that's usable)..,

from where I stand this game is looking very very good...
Old 12-13-2007, 02:16 PM   #52
nthfinity
Regular User

anybody who thinks that Forza 1, or 1.5 are better then GT4 is lying to themselves. I highly doubt Forza 1.7 will be "maybe.... probably better" then GT5. I'd bet my house.
Old 12-13-2007, 02:43 PM   #53
fabro_s
Regular User

Originally Posted by Bizi Jones View Post
from what I saw in the demo...NOT the Prologue itself...the AI doesn't stupidly ram you if you get in its way...it will avoid you, when 2 AI cars are battling, occasionally one will spin out...its no longer a processional race...the tires now make a difference...no longer are their tendencies simply to wear out quicker based on compounds (soft hard etc)...they'll actually slow you down...and it does make the 2 laps (demo), that much more challenging...in some cars you can't even get 1st place after 2 laps (didn't say it was perfect)...

The prologue has online vs play...in an interview with the creator, he claims that there will be an update for damage...so the 3 things that bugged me with gt3/4 have seemingly been improved (+ WAY better graphics, and an inside view that's usable)..,

from where I stand this game is looking very very good...

Ive been a GT fan since GT1, but those engine nosies, hell, they put me in a bad mood, specially when you compare them to those on Forza 2, just hearing the Gallardo, or the F430 or the GT3RS in Forza 2 makes the game a little bit more "real".

I really hope Polyphony makes a good one with GT5, I wont complain with the graphics, or the interior view, but please!! fix the AI, fix those engine noises a.k.a (vacuum cleaner engines), and get Lamborghini and Porsche for gods sake, they want to make a car encyclopedia without two of the most important car makers in the world, its like an encyclopedia that doesnt mention the roman empire or the egyptians.....

"Perfezione Leggera Italiana"
fabro_s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2007, 02:53 PM   #54
adswrx
Regular User

When can we get the demo in the US?
adswrx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2007, 02:55 PM   #55
Bizi Jones
Regular User

^^
just buy the Prologue off ebay...or you'd need a Japanese PSN account (+credit card) and then you can purchase there
Old 12-13-2007, 02:57 PM   #56
HeilSvenska
Regular User

Originally Posted by adswrx View Post
When can we get the demo in the US?
Since the GT4: Prologue was never sold in the US, and that Sony hasn't even announced GT5: Prologue for the US, never. Sad.

^^
just buy the Prologue off ebay...
You can do that, although you'll have to learn Japanese or hope that English is an available language option (is it an option?). Oh, and don't bother looking up European versions. They're in PAL format.
Old 12-13-2007, 03:02 PM   #57
Bizi Jones
Regular User

^^
there' you go again...stop making assumptions on nothing

ps3 games are REGION FREE...how to create a Japanese account is somewhere in this thread...page 1/2...its not difficult...don't listen to this tool
Old 12-13-2007, 03:03 PM   #58
nthfinity
Regular User

Originally Posted by HeilSvenska View Post
You can do that, although you'll have to learn Japanese or hope that English is an available language option (is it an option?). Oh, and don't bother looking up European versions. They're in PAL format.
isn't HD the same in japan, us, europe, etc. etc. ?
Old 12-13-2007, 03:06 PM   #59
HeilSvenska
Regular User

Originally Posted by nthfinity View Post
isn't HD the same in japan, us, europe, etc. etc. ?
Good call, but what if the game disc has the region code on it itself so that it could only be read by PAL PS3's? I don't know much about that. I've been reading stuff up and PS3 games were supposed to be region free. But those articles are over a year old, so I don't know.
Old 12-13-2007, 03:08 PM   #60
Bizi Jones
Regular User

OMFG...read the post...PS3 GAMES ARE REGION FREE