Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Automotive Brands Forum > American Cars

American Cars Area dedicated to American Cars from Classic, Muscle, to Modern!

Old 08-19-2005, 12:42 PM   #1
nthfinity
Regular User

Default mini-limited review of a FGT

my little mini-review of the Ford GT... i didnt expect this, and didnt do much, but still... :shock:
i could just leave it at that, hehe... i can fit in it... but only just (im 6'2") the seats are very compfortable, and the ride quality is better then any vette ive been in, bar none.

Driving position is flawless, and the toggle switches are well within reach. gear shift is very very short, but as reviewed before, very easy. the hand brake is to far away in my opinion... being that its on the other side of the 'transmission tunnel'... but i suppose thats ok, since its on throttle oversteer anyway

its very very fast everywhere in the rev band... very very very fast. what is it something RC said once... step on the gas to get the tires to spin??

the steeringwheel at first seems small, but thats only since im used to a giant jeep wheel, its a great size... i didnt get a good enough idea for feedback through it.

its about as usefull every day as having a large pizza box with only one slice in it but god, do i want it! speaking of pizza boxes, it has enough cargo space for one in the front trunk

when closing the door, i had to duck my head to avoid chopping it off... and my hair touches the cieling pad. but i think its still a cool wow factor to look at; nevermind practicality; not why one buys this car.

it sounds way better in person... but still not loud enough... i say the same for the new Vette ( which will pounce a Z06, and ZR-1 No problem... even off the line... as seen last night on Woodward Ave)

rear visibility is crap, so hit the gas to avoid somebody in your blind spot the supercharger pully is about 3" from your head. and with 29,000 miles on this car... it still goes like day 10 or so, and looks the part of a 209 mile per hour car (this one was at nardo)

there are still some kinks to be worked out on this particular car... seems a short, or grounding problem is in the reverse lights mechanism, as it would pop on/off at random.

the brake/clutch are as effordless as my old saab.
thats all i can think of right now... one day, i will own one! ive fallen completely for it.
Old 09-02-2005, 07:11 PM   #2
nthfinity
Regular User

just to avoid the 'pics or stfu' stuff
Old 09-02-2005, 07:37 PM   #3
racer_f50
Regular User

congrats on getting to drive one! it's nice to get a reivew (even a short one) from someone other than car journalists
racer_f50 is offline   Reply With Quote