Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Automotive Brands Forum > American Cars > American Cars Pictures and Videos

Old 03-07-2008, 10:22 AM   #46
pagani
Regular User

Originally Posted by leblanc2.0 View Post
Well someone notice the diference between this cars.

For me Koenigsegg lacks a NA V12.A V8 turbocharge is not enough,many turbo lag.And it breaks down all the time.
V8 twin turbo is plenty.
pagani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2008, 12:37 PM   #47
HeilSvenska
Regular User

Anyways...

SSC Aero TT would be closer to the Koenigsegg CCXR than the Veyron, not just in the number of cylinders, but in their intent.

And yeah. Twin turbo V8's plenty enough.
Old 03-07-2008, 12:44 PM   #48
pagani
Regular User

Originally Posted by HeilSvenska View Post
Anyways...

SSC Aero TT would be closer to the Koenigsegg CCXR than the Veyron, not just in the number of cylinders, but in their intent.

And yeah. Twin turbo V8's plenty enough.
Your spot on
Old 03-07-2008, 01:26 PM   #49
abrown250
Regular User

i think jc said it best. the car is rubbish. it doesnt even come close to the bugatti in terms of quality, handling, and refinement. that ssc is just a kit car that can do 256mph. just look at the interior. my little 15 yr old sister could design a nicer looking cockpit. plus, isn't the veyron "limited" to 253mph because the tires can't handle any faster? Regardless, I think the ssc is fast, but thats about it. The veyron is more an event when you drive it, and makes the ssc look like one of those toy electric cars by comparison.
abrown250 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2008, 01:46 PM   #50
HeilSvenska
Regular User

Originally Posted by abrown250 View Post
i think jc said it best. the car is rubbish. it doesnt even come close to the bugatti in terms of quality, handling, and refinement. that ssc is just a kit car that can do 256mph. just look at the interior.
That's quite a claim from a person who doesn't own either of those cars.
Old 03-07-2008, 02:06 PM   #51
abrown250
Regular User

its not a claim its an opinion. and its based on articles and videos about both cars. maybe rubbish is the wrong word, but i dont think its really comparable to a veyron because aside from its straight line speed, it lacks everything else the veyron has. not that i own one or anything
Old 03-07-2008, 02:06 PM   #52
nthfinity
Regular User

I think its better to compare the SSC vs. the Koenigsegg... or the S7 1000 hp TT, or the Mosler MT900, or Zonda etc.

Comparing this to the Veyron is really only applicable in top speed. Abrown250.

But why all the hate on SSC by the euro's? particularly when all you know about it is its mid engine, 1100+ hp, and 250+ mph.
Old 03-07-2008, 02:06 PM   #53
pagani
Regular User

It sure is
Old 03-07-2008, 02:13 PM   #54
abrown250
Regular User

easy there guy im just stating an opinion... sheesh
Old 03-07-2008, 02:14 PM   #55
HeilSvenska
Regular User

Originally Posted by abrown250 View Post
its not a claim its an opinion. and its based on articles and videos about both cars. maybe rubbish is the wrong word, but i dont think its really comparable to a veyron because aside from its straight line speed, it lacks everything else the veyron has. not that i own one or anything
You presented those opinions as if they were facts. There's not enough articles on SSC Aero TT to compare it to anything. And I've already presented my opinion already so I won't repeat myself. I'm not trying to be offensive, I'm just telling you to watch how you say things.
Old 03-07-2008, 06:15 PM   #56
Erez
Regular User

Location: not where i want to be.. but life's a bitch i guess..

even if its faster you can't compare it to the veyron, it not even in the same category.. (and i dont mean in the performance department, as to be honest i haven't checked all the numbers, nur do i care) if you have the money get what you want otherwise stfu about this or that sucks, americans will defend their cars to the death, clarkson, tho funny as hell to me, is just that, he says shit about the germans, americans, basically anyone who isn't british..
the z06 is a great car for everyday, if you live in the states, and for what you pay for it there, not so the case in other places (for the money after taxes... the roads.. etc) calling the veyron stupid is just ignorant, its a brilliant peace of engineering, as for looks, to each his own i guess, i find the veyron stunning you may not feel the same, and that's fine, you can't criticize taste (tho everyone seems to want to), and yeah i dont like the looks of the SSC one bit.. but thats me.. either way, i haven't got the money for any of them anyways..

Things worth having don't come easy..
Erez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2008, 07:32 PM   #57
abrown250
Regular User

good point, but i think HeilSvenska just takes these forums too seriously sometimes
Old 03-07-2008, 07:53 PM   #58
HeilSvenska
Regular User

If I don't take things seriously, they're not worth talking about.
Old 03-08-2008, 02:33 AM   #59
chedisme
Regular User

i dont get if the veyron is limited by the tires just get better tires. if the ssc has tires that can do 256, and there a small company, why cant VW find tires that can do it. or heres a bright idea create tires that can handle it. i mean they already spent about 5 million dollars on the veyron, why not spend some more and get better tires.

and just just to clarify i like both cars equally in different ways.
chedisme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2008, 08:59 AM   #60
turpija
Regular User

Originally Posted by chedisme View Post
i dont get if the veyron is limited by the tires just get better tires. if the ssc has tires that can do 256, and there a small company, why cant VW find tires that can do it. or heres a bright idea create tires that can handle it. i mean they already spent about 5 million dollars on the veyron, why not spend some more and get better tires.

and just just to clarify i like both cars equally in different ways.
Veyron uses specially developed tires and they are rated to 250mph+ so they are guaranted they can take top speed run without problems(if they are not damaged)
SSC uses Michelin pilot sport ps2 which is high end tire but they are not rated for 250mph, they don't "explode" when driven faster then they rated speed, but the manufacturer doesn't guarante you that they are safe beyond rated speed.
turpija is offline   Reply With Quote