Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Automotive Brands Forum > Car Chat

Old 07-17-2007, 05:26 PM   #1
HeilSvenska
Regular User

Default Bugatti Veyron Roadster

This was unexpected. Each is supposed to be $1.9mil. With 80 roadsters supposedly planned and 15 additional coupes on the way... Perhaps current Veyron owners will be pissed that Veyron's slightly less exclusive now?

Bugatti has long been rumored to be mulling over the idea of producing an open-top version of its outrageous Veyron closed-roof supercar, but now the Volkswagen-owned manufacturer has confirmed plans for a Veyron sans top.

The Veyron-without-a-roof will feature a targa-style removable roof over the two passengers in order to maintain structural rigidity. The detachable roof is expected to be glass, so it can't be stored inside the Veyron. But Bugatti engineers think of everything and they're planning to include a soft cloth roof for emergencies.

Autogespot reports that the topless Veyron will have to undergo some structural reinforcements that will tone down the car's performance just a touch. But top speed is still estimated at 217 mph, hardly a letdown.

Bugatti is planning to produce 80 open-top Veyrons.
-Leftlanenews

Last edited by HeilSvenska; 04-14-2008 at 12:17 PM.
HeilSvenska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2007, 10:59 PM   #2
racer_f50
Regular User

217mph....I assume they'd want you to have the glass roof on to achieve that, otherwise your head would fall off

Pretty crazy car. Looks decent as a roadster actually, since they didn't have to change the lines of the car much. Don't think I could spend $1.9 million on a car, though. :shock:
racer_f50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2007, 12:46 AM   #3
Pokiou
Regular User

^^

you bought a WRX thats why
Pokiou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2007, 12:50 AM   #4
HeilSvenska
Regular User

[quote="racer_f50"]Pretty crazy car. Looks decent as a roadster actually, since they didn't have to change the lines of the car much. [quote]

The pic's actually a photoshop work. But let's hope it looks like that.
Old 07-18-2007, 07:37 AM   #5
MIHALS
Regular User

this photo"chop" doesn't look nice - the front doesn't match the back end without the roof line :bah:

but on the other hand, overpowered roadster...
Old 07-18-2007, 05:35 PM   #6
chest3r
Regular User

I wasn't expecting this at all... and I don't like the idea!

80 roadsters... I thought they were planning to build less then 100 Veyrons :roll:

I'll wait for the touring version, to take all the family with me 8)
Old 07-19-2007, 06:03 PM   #7
DeMoN
Regular User

still ugly and making it a roadster shows how inferior it is to the McLaren F1. McLaren F1 is drivers car and veyron poser car.
Old 07-19-2007, 11:27 PM   #8
crazidude
Regular User

Originally Posted by dani_d_mas
I would have prefered a ClubSport version of the Veyron with less weight and some extra performance instead of this Targa version :bah:
Pretty hard to shave weight off the Veyron without gutting the damn thing, and even if you do, I doubt it'll weigh less than even the SLR.
crazidude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2007, 08:09 AM   #9
Mattk
Regular User

I don't think a roadster is a good idea in such a powerful car. I think the wind-in-your-hair experience changes after you reach a certain high speed.
Old 07-21-2007, 02:59 AM   #10
rusrocket
Regular User

let the engineers do their work. we will see what happens.
rusrocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2007, 03:13 PM   #11
martin100
Regular User

I really don´t know if you can trust those news :roll: I´ve never heard anything about that here in Germany and we are usually the first to know such things
martin100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2007, 03:20 PM   #12
Schwalbe

To drive a Veyron Cabrio at full speed must be like to fly a jet fighter without his canopy.
Schwalbe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2007, 06:23 AM   #13
Mattk
Regular User

I'm sure drivers will need to wear helmets, like open-wheeled racers.
Old 07-26-2007, 08:16 AM   #14
ya55erm
Regular User

First there was the Bentley Arnage and now theres this, the most expensive soft-tops in the world
ya55erm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2007, 10:11 PM   #15
nthfinity
Regular User

Bugatti is increasing the production of their million dollar super car the Bugatti Veyron. Production numbers will increase from the original "60" cars produced in the first year of the Veyron to a total of "75" annually. A spokesperson for Bugatti stated, "We want to shorten the waiting time from just over a year." One has to think, it will still be arduous to acquire one of these vehicles or even see one on the road with just small increase of 15 cars in the production line, but Bugatti in fact wants to keep the car as exclusive as possible.

While the production numbers for the Veyron have increased, there are currently no plans to “change” the performance of the vehicle. With an incredible 1,000 horsepower one has to wonder if this is enough horsepower to keep the Veyron at the top of the super-car food chain in the twentieth century.

Will the Bugatti Veyron’s clientele want more out of their super car as the production continues to its speculated production run of “ 300”? For a million dollars I think so.
L(