Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Automotive Brands Forum > Car Chat

Old 04-02-2008, 10:32 AM   #1
fordgt84
Regular User

Default Dealership employee crashes customer's Dodge Viper

i've seen the way how some employees at dealerships "park" or "drive" cars, they are always trying to prove that schumacher ain't got sh*t on them... and this loser didn't even get fired... poor viper, poor beast, poor owner

from: http://www.autoblog.com/2008/04/01/d...8-dodge-viper/

Imagine making the purchase of your dreams - a brand new 2008 Dodge Viper with only five miles on the odometer. It's sitting safely in the showroom without a scratch just waiting for you to drive it off the lot. The only thing it needs is a tank of gas, which of course the dealership offers to pay for. Here's where the story goes terribly wrong. A member of SRTForums.com and employee of a Southern California Dodge dealership says that the Viper was headed back from the gas station and only about 1/8 of a mile from the dealership (!) when the driver lost control of the 600-horsepower beast and crashed into four parked cars. The result is one severely smashed up snake. We'll be watching eBay Motors for a low miles, slightly scratched 2008 Dodge Viper with a full tank of gas. Thanks for the tip, Ian!
a link to the thread of the other employee from the dealership;

http://www.srtforums.com/forums/f12/...r-pics-432661/

hoping it's not a stan
fordgt84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2008, 10:39 AM   #2
enzoferrari
Regular User

LOL,that sucks but at least he didn't crash another Viper lol.
Old 04-02-2008, 11:15 AM   #3
torrentjunkie
Regular User

Originally Posted by enzoferrari View Post
LOL,that sucks but at least he didn't crash another Viper lol.
lol, really would suck if he crashed it into another parked viper lol, i can imagine it...CRASH! BANG! "awww sh*t snakes!"
Old 04-02-2008, 11:28 AM   #4
styla21
Regular User

Idiot. Nothing more.
Old 04-02-2008, 11:47 AM   #5
RC45
Regular User

People make fun of anything less than Veyron... but forget that even a 600bhp car with out techno-aids will kick you in the arse if you don't pay attention all the time.
RC45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2008, 01:12 AM   #6
Mattk
Regular User

And the owner can't even get a new car. He can only get damages.
Old 04-04-2008, 04:30 AM   #7
ferrari550
Regular User

Originally Posted by RC45 View Post
People make fun of anything less than Veyron... but forget that even a 600bhp car with out techno-aids will kick you in the arse if you don't pay attention all the time.

i disagree, people should make fun of any dealer who does stupid things like that, regardless if it is a veyron, zonda, lambo, ferrari, vette, porsche. any car with that amount of power and no electronics and no skill = disaster.
Old 04-04-2008, 05:35 AM   #8
simona
Regular User

they should check the little black box in the viper. I am sure the dealership insurance covered it.
simona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2008, 06:47 AM   #9
graywolf624
Regular User

And the owner can't even get a new car. He can only get damages.
In this case he definitly will as the car was totaled and this would be covered under the dealerships insurance.

Normally, well that depends...

Story time... Way back when I ordered a new mazda 6.. Blue instead of the black I ended up with. Price was just ok.
I came to the dealer to sign the final paperwork and take her home only to discover someone hit and ran in the parking lot. I walked. A weeks later the dealership offered me a fully loaded black one for the same price. Drove it for 3 years.

If the dealership driver was breaking the law the new owner could sue the dealership for negligence. Kinda like when you leave your car at a car shop and they wreck it during a joy ride, hed probably win and may even end up owning the place in the states.