Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Hobbies and Leisure Time > Computers, Consoles, Gadgets And Gizmos > Videogames

Old 04-24-2005, 01:08 PM   #46
Vansquish
Regular User

Originally Posted by Dan\/6
Originally Posted by Vansquish
Well now...see that's no fair...I did all my testing with ASM and TCS in stock settings, i.e.. at 10, 10, and 7 in GT mode and just "on" in Arcade...

well I said right from the start of the thread I wasn't using that ASM bullshit and had turned TC right down.. its not my fault you were so eager to jump in you didn't read the topic properly before replying
Fiiiiiiiine, I guess I can toss in a few laps without that junk (I'm not a fan either, had to completely change my driving style to suit it)...I'll post some pics in a bit

my Hindibonics-speaking Indian roommate--"Dawgs, do you have any idea how much bacteria that would take?"
Vansquish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2005, 02:22 PM   #47
tuffguy
Regular User

Originally Posted by tuffguy
8355 (94-84-82)

setting 2 - 8'39.432
setting 3 - 8'35.881
setting 4 - 8'52.242
setting 5 - 8'54.485
8710 (99-87-86)

setting 2 - 8'39.432
setting 3 - 8'35.881
setting 4 - 8'52.242
setting 5 - 8'54.485

So, does anyone know what's going on? Even though my driver's at a higher level now, he got identical lap times.
tuffguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2005, 04:47 PM   #48
Pimp Racer
Regular User

Tuffguy maybe we can find out in the stragery guide? But then again a stragery guide for a racing game....is kinda usless except to teach newbies about the racing line and so on.
Old 04-25-2005, 04:59 PM   #49
tuffguy
Regular User

Isn't the driver supposed to have AI? I thought that he was supposed to get better as he leveled up, but apparently that's not the case...
Old 04-25-2005, 08:02 PM   #50
RC45
Regular User

Isn't the driver supposed to have AI? I thought that he was supposed to get better as he leveled up, but apparently that's not the case...
The driver does not get better.

My B-Spec twit has 15,000 miles in the F1 car - and still screws up at the same places on the same tracks - everytime.
RC45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2005, 08:17 PM   #51
Vansquish
Regular User

Originally Posted by Dan\/6
BTW I discovered I had never done an all change on this car.. result (better lap too, its not all because of the extra 11 bhp it gave me for the oil change)

I have ACS/TCS all set to 0 ( I hate having a computer decide how to control the car )

I'll try in timetrial mode too because I'm not sure if the few extra horsepower you get in GT mode by doing an oil change also affects the arcade car :-/

edit:

arcade -> time trial within a few tenths .. definitely has a few less HP though
O.K. Dan, I finally had some time to devote to our little 'Ring Challenge...
I removed all the driver's aids and left everything else stock...my laptimes fell sharply to between 8:10 and 8:13, but I had a feeling there was a little more, here's the result:

my Hindibonics-speaking Indian roommate--"Dawgs, do you have any idea how much bacteria that would take?"
Old 04-25-2005, 11:14 PM   #52
Mme Pompardour

meh I dont think 3.30am is the right time to be doing this, so I only got close

Old 04-25-2005, 11:26 PM   #53
Vansquish
Regular User

LOL...yeah, prior to today most of my GT4 playing time has been around 2-4am hehe...tends to blunt the responses a bit

Old 04-25-2005, 11:29 PM   #54
RC45
Regular User

^^^ Isn't this thread for B-Spec drivers..
Old 04-25-2005, 11:30 PM   #55
Vansquish
Regular User

Originally Posted by RC45
^^^ Isn't this thread for B-Spec drivers..
Yeah, yeah, but I just decided I couldn't let Dan have all the fun

Old 04-26-2005, 03:14 AM   #56
tuffguy
Regular User

My B-Spec twit has 15,000 miles in the F1 car - and still screws up at the same places on the same tracks - everytime.
Mine has gotten better, which is why it was so shocking that he got identical times to those he got when he was at a lower level. I don't understand why...

A couple of improvements that I've noticed - he no longer rearends the other cars every time before passing them, and he no longer t-bones the walls every time.
Old 04-26-2005, 08:51 PM   #57
RC45
Regular User

Mine has gotten better, which is why it was so shocking that he got identical times to those he got when he was at a lower level. I don't understand why...

A couple of improvements that I've noticed - he no longer rearends the other cars every time before passing them, and he no longer t-bones the walls every time.
Look again.

I have noticed the drivers behaviour does not change .

Go back to certain tracks and you will see he keeps screwing up.

Laguna Seca in the F1 car come to mind - many times spins out the corner before the pit entrance.

New York in the F1 and SLR - head first into the wall after the main straight.

Le Mans in the SLR - he fucks up royally the end of the Mulsanne.

After 15,000 miles and 200 laps you would think he would get Laguna correct.

I am of the opinion they made car/track racing line pairs - and never finished them all.

They then use an algoryth to determine how far off line he wanders.

The catch being that on some tracks "off line" puts the outside rear wheel in the dirt so you are one spin away from oblivion..

This game has no AI.

None.
Old 04-26-2005, 09:46 PM   #58
pipe

This game has no AI.

None.
I have to agree.. also watch them racing in the group c cars at lemans , sometimes part way down the mulsanne they just turn hard left into the barrier and come to a halt for no reason, at the nurburgring they crash at the same corners all the time etc etc
Old 08-24-2005, 12:38 PM   #59
SamuraiGti
Regular User

I tryed with my alfa gt, it was already tunned before i saw this thread, and the only things i forgot to take off was the racing flyweel and the weight reduction, and tcs at level 1, asm off.

I'll buy another one and try again, because of this one beeing tunned.

A-Spec 1 lap - 8.20.493

B-Spec - 7380

1st lap - level 5 - 8.50.588
2nd lap - level 4 - 8.46.639
3rd lap - level 3 - 8.27.962
4th lap - level 3 - 8.28.149
5th lap - level 3 - 8.29.480

I tryed 3 laps in b-spec with Audi R8, it has about 1059hp

1st lap - level 3 - 6.09.162
2nd lap - level 4 - 6.02.043
3rd lap - level 5 - 5.59.991

Where can I get the F1?

"Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car and oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car. Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall, torque is how far you take the wall with you."
SamuraiGti is offline   Reply With Quote