Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Hobbies and Leisure Time > Computers, Consoles, Gadgets And Gizmos > Videogames

Old 07-28-2005, 09:57 AM   #1
digo

Default Best whell For ps2?

What you guys reccomend that is the best drving wheel for ps2?

And also if someone know what site i can buy it that ships to israel because this is where i live.....

Old 07-28-2005, 12:50 PM   #2
Mopsdrops
Regular User

humm, Logitech makes some nice steering wheels imo, you can see them at www.logitech.com ofcourse, they have some nice models, but the ones I saw are pretty expensive like 200€'s but I bet they are very nice quality stuff
Old 07-28-2005, 02:37 PM   #3
digo

Thankes man.. ye and they also look very good..

Someone know what is the diffrence between the logitch driving force and with the driving force pro?
Old 07-28-2005, 02:50 PM   #4
Vansquish
Regular User

yes...the Driving force is a good wheel, but it only has about 270 degrees of rotation, and the force feedback, while reasonably good, isn't very strong. The Driving Force Pro is probably the best wheel on the market. It has 900 degrees of rotation, (more than 2 turns from lock to lock in other words), very strong force feedback and is designed to run in 2 modes. The first mode is designed to take advantage of the wheel's extra range of mobility for games like GT4 and a couple of others. The second mode is for games which don't support the full 900 degree movement range and as a result, the wheel locks itself down to 270 degrees to function with every racing game out there.

I have both wheels. The Driving Force was the top of the line up until a year ago when the Pro came out. The Driving Force Pro would be my recommendation.

my Hindibonics-speaking Indian roommate--"Dawgs, do you have any idea how much bacteria that would take?"
Vansquish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2005, 03:42 PM   #5
digo

thnkes man.. i think the pro will be my choice... do you know if in www.logitech.com they ship it to israel and how much will cost the tacses...
Old 07-28-2005, 06:03 PM   #6
Vansquish
Regular User

This is about as good as I can do... http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/st...me/IL/EN,cid=0

If you can buy from an online store like Amazon.com, then I'm sure that you can get ahold of one that way. Here's a link for that sort of thing:
Amazon.com: Driving Force Wheel for PlayStation 2 and PlayStation 3: Computers & Accessories Amazon.com: Driving Force Wheel for PlayStation 2 and PlayStation 3: Computers & Accessories

Good luck and enjoy the wheel!!

my Hindibonics-speaking Indian roommate--"Dawgs, do you have any idea how much bacteria that would take?"
Old 07-28-2005, 06:45 PM   #7
digo

thankes alot
Old 07-28-2005, 06:47 PM   #8
Vansquish
Regular User

No prob!

Old 07-28-2005, 07:29 PM   #9
3than

Originally Posted by digo
thnkes man.. i think the pro will be my choice... do you know if in www.logitech.com they ship it to israel and how much will cost the tacses...
you're taking the piss right :roll:
Old 07-29-2005, 10:06 AM   #10
digo

you mean?
Old 07-29-2005, 10:30 AM   #11
saadie
Regular User

get the wheel that RC45's got ....

btw .... if you but it of amazon or deal time or somehting .. they just might ship it to israel
Old 07-29-2005, 07:21 PM   #12
Vansquish
Regular User

What wheel does RC45 have?

Old 07-29-2005, 11:22 PM   #13
RC45
Regular User

Originally Posted by Vansquish
What wheel does RC45 have?
DFP 900 - same as you... (among others)
RC45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2005, 11:40 PM   #14
Vansquish
Regular User

Ahhh..very good, very good. I've got a couple others too obviously...Microsoft Sidewinder something-or-other for the computer...but the DFP 900 is better anyway.

Old 07-29-2005, 11:42 PM   #15
RC45
Regular User

I use the DFP on the PC as well.
RC45 is offline   Reply With Quote