Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > General Discussion > What You Saw Today

What You Saw Today Got a camera or camcorder ?? Why not put it to good use and show us what you have captured with it today !!!

Old 06-17-2004, 01:33 PM   #1
TT
Regular User

Default June 17th, a nice Vanquish, my first one on the road

Strange the world isn't it? while Ferraris are pretty common around here, Astons are a rare sight, and I mean RARE! Even the DB7 is hard to spot. The only Vanquish I saw so far beside car shows was the one at the Supercar rally 2003 in Geneva!

Since I started taking my pics last year, I got only two DB7:

My 567th picture...

And the 584th one, the day after...

So I was quite amazed when today, while I was parked after I picked up my girlfriend, this car passed by in the opposite direction_

And shit, as you can see, in that place you can't really make an U-Turn (check the middle white line)... but well.. a Vanquish is a Vanquish, so I simply jumped on it! And who cares anyway traffic was light and I managed to be behing him in 10 seconds, thanks to two consecutive green lights!

This one was worth also an high-res of course

And going uphill after the next red light he pushed a bit on the throttle, filling Lausanne with one of the best sounding engine ever built! Sublime!

After a while I preffered giving up since it was pointless to keep following him taking pics just the last goodbye sadly not worth a big version because of the reflections on the windshield of my car.
Old 06-17-2004, 02:07 PM   #2
schnell318
Regular User

Extremely lucky man and it looks stunning in black too, too bad you couldnĀ“t get a picture from the front.

I just imagine the sound of that V12, similar to the DB9 i suppose.
schnell318 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2004, 02:11 PM   #3
TT
Regular User

Well yes, it's similar to the DB7 of course, but.. well.. deeper and louder
Old 06-17-2004, 04:49 PM   #4
jon_s
Regular User

Yeah, they have a really nice burble to them!

I woulder if the driver spotted you pulling all sorts of antics to catch him lol I he/she was famous, I bet they thought you were press! haha
jon_s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2004, 04:55 PM   #5
TT
Regular User

Well, my U-turn could have catch his attention, but in the meantime the light was turning green, so maybe he wasn't focused on his rearview mirrors , but the big picture was taken at a red light, and although I was quite fast (as always), in hiding the camera, he could have spotted me...

anyway right before third picture I saw him and dont' think he was a VIP and who cares about him I loved the car
Old 06-17-2004, 04:57 PM   #6
jorge
Regular User

I once saw one in the street and it sounded like nothing else!
jorge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2004, 05:05 PM   #7
Erez
Regular User

Location: not where i want to be.. but life's a bitch i guess..

nice 8) and yeah... who cares about the guy.. what a nice thing to see hu..

Things worth having don't come easy..
Erez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2004, 05:43 PM   #8
saadie
Regular User

kewl pix TT ....... how do ya manage too do all the things like taking pics just abt everyday .... being here 23.59 hours a day ... and painting dolls ....

8) 8) 8)
Old 06-17-2004, 05:51 PM   #9
abbor
Regular User

The only Astons I've seen is on exhibition, and in a garage.. Would like to have it like in switzerland... Ferraris all day long
abbor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2004, 06:11 PM   #10
Vansquish
Regular User

I've heard the DB7, DB9 and Vanquish at various points in time and I'd have to say that between the DB7 and Vanquish, the Vanquish has a much more full basso than the DB7, but it also has the ability to sing a better contralto as the revs jump...I don't think it is as nice as the sound the DB9 makes though believe it or not. I followed a prototype DB9 around Royal Oak, Michigan a few weeks ago and I could hear it from three blocks away...made my knees weak. The Vanquish, however sweet, sounds more like a racecar than the DB9. It depends on what you're looking for in a car. I'd take any of them hehe.

my Hindibonics-speaking Indian roommate--"Dawgs, do you have any idea how much bacteria that would take?"
Vansquish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2004, 06:17 PM   #11
BADMIHAI
Regular User

Astons sound just orgasmic. They just do.
BADMIHAI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2004, 07:11 PM   #12
SilviaEvo
Regular User

Astons sound just orgasmic. They just do.
Astons sound more than that
Old 06-19-2004, 03:19 AM   #13
M-pulse
Regular User

I saw one awhile back and was in aw or the beast all my mate just look at it saying: 'its no ferrari" :x (I need to get smarter friends. Hell what do they know one drives a Starlet and the other has a TOYOTA CORONA
Old 06-19-2004, 03:32 AM   #14
Fleischmann
Regular User

Well, a few months ago only the 1000th Vanquish was shipped to Japan as far as I remember, which makes this a rare car. I've only seen it once, hiding in a small parking in Italy. And back in England I saw a V8 Vantage. 2 Astons, 17 years of life.
Old 06-19-2004, 03:37 AM   #15
AlienDB7
Regular User

You're one lucky guy TT! I have yet to see an Aston in Vancouver... Jag XK's are much more common but they're usually only XK8's not XKRs
AlienDB7 is offline   Reply With Quote