Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Automotive Brands Forum > American Cars

American Cars Area dedicated to American Cars from Classic, Muscle, to Modern!

Old 12-03-2004, 04:42 PM   #1
SnakeBitten
Regular User

Default The Ultimate Streetcar ever? 9.0 @ 166mph, 6 speed, IRS.WOAH

Yellow Heffner GTS Viper TT...Independent rear suspension, 6 speed, full weight etc...It pegged the dyno at 1200rwhp and 1200rwtq and it was still climbing strong....15lbs boost and C16..It did 166mph with a big ass wing on the back..I think it would hit 170 without it...all in a quartermile...Sickness...And you can turn the boost down and drive youir girl around the town... ...Heres the dyno sheet and a pic of it launching...

Old 12-03-2004, 05:02 PM   #2
hemi_fan
Regular User

lol, I wonder whos the guy who thought to himself 'Damn, this 8.0L V10 is lacking some power...' hahaha... thats insane tho! I wondered how he got exactly 1200/1200... Those are like my dream power numbers, but I just dont wanna do it in the same car as him.

1990 Ford Mustang GT
Factory Rated: 225hp, 300lbs tq
http://www.cardomain.com/profile/hemi_fan
hemi_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2004, 05:03 PM   #3
gobs3z
Regular User

I was curious why it wasn't faster in the 1/4 mile but then i realized it's a six speed, and thats fast for a six speed. Thats gotta be one hell of a highway racer. Awesome Viper!! They should switch the tranny to a 4 speed auto just to see what'll run then.

"If we could read the secret histories of our enemies, we would find in each story enough sorrow and suffering to disarm all hostility." Longfellow
gobs3z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2004, 05:09 PM   #4
SnakeBitten
Regular User

Originally Posted by hemi_fan
lol, I wonder whos the guy who thought to himself 'Damn, this 8.0L V10 is lacking some power...' hahaha... thats insane tho! I wondered how he got exactly 1200/1200... Those are like my dream power numbers, but I just dont wanna do it in the same car as him.
The car makes more than 1200x1200...Its the dyno that ran out of steam...It cant record past 1200x1200...Look at the lines on the dyno chart...See where they just straighten out?That the dyno flat lining....If it could record more than 1200x1200 this viper would be in the neighbor hood of 1300x1300+....
Old 12-03-2004, 05:14 PM   #5
SnakeBitten
Regular User

Originally Posted by gobs3z
I was curious why it wasn't faster in the 1/4 mile but then i realized it's a six speed, and thats fast for a six speed. Thats gotta be one hell of a highway racer. Awesome Viper!! They should switch the tranny to a 4 speed auto just to see what'll run then.
You are kidding me right? Do you know what it takes to run 166mph in the "1/4"....If anything Im astounded as to how fast it is...Vipers dont have the best aero and that big ass wing is slowing it down believe me...To put it in perspective....This Viper would obliterate, destroy, emaciate, pulverize assrape any stock to mildly modded liter bike...lets not forget it trapped 9.0 flat..This is an 8 second capable full streetcar...Let it sink in and you will understand 8)
Old 12-03-2004, 06:10 PM   #6
gobs3z
Regular User

gobs3z wrote:

You are kidding me right? Do you know what it takes to run 166mph in the "1/4"....If anything Im astounded as to how fast it is...Vipers dont have the best aero and that big ass wing is slowing it down believe me...To put it in perspective....This Viper would obliterate, destroy, emaciate, pulverize assrape any stock to mildly modded liter bike...lets not forget it trapped 9.0 flat..This is an 8 second capable full streetcar...Let it sink in and you will understand
I really don't know what your point is. And yes i do know what it takes to run 166 in a 1/4 mile. Did you see the video of the 8 second white supra[url]http://www.motorworld.net/forum/showthread.php?t=20337[url], cause he's a friend. I said it's fast, and it is. But if it had a 4 speed in it, and a torque converter in it, it maybe would take a second off. I'm just saying if they really wanted the most out of the car in the 1/4 mile they would put an auto in it. And just take the wing off when they're doing those passes.

"If we could read the secret histories of our enemies, we would find in each story enough sorrow and suffering to disarm all hostility." Longfellow
Old 12-03-2004, 06:31 PM   #7
SnakeBitten
Regular User

[quote="gobs3z"]
gobs3z wrote:
really don't know what your point is. And yes i do know what it takes to run 166 in a 1/4 mile. Did you see the video of the 8 second white supra[url]http://www.motorworld.net/forum/showthread.php?t=20337[url], cause he's a friend. I said it's fast, and it is. But if it had a 4 speed in it, and a torque converter in it, it maybe would take a second off. I'm just saying if they really wanted the most out of the car in the 1/4 mile they would put an auto in it. And just take the wing off when they're doing those passes.
Easy there pal...relax..I see where you are coming from...When you said fast Im thinking "MPH" since thats what fast means...I now realize you meant "quick" as in et or in the 9.0........I see now why you say to put an auto tranny as that would improve the et drastically....I think the car will be in the 8s without the need for an auto...But to realize the full potential I think a drag suspension and an auto woulb be the ticket 8)
Old 12-03-2004, 06:45 PM   #8
gobs3z
Regular User

Easy there pal...relax..I see where you are coming from...When you said fast Im thinking "MPH" since thats what fast means...I now realize you meant "quick" as in et or in the 9.0........I see now why you say to put an auto tranny as that would improve the et drastically....I think the car will be in the 8s without the need for an auto...But to realize the full potential I think a drag suspension and an auto woulb be the ticket
I totally agree, it didn't know it didn't have drag suspension. It's even quicker than i thought. No harsh feelings, good post by the way.

Old 12-03-2004, 06:54 PM   #9
SnakeBitten
Regular User

Originally Posted by gobs3z
Easy there pal...relax..I see where you are coming from...When you said fast Im thinking "MPH" since thats what fast means...I now realize you meant "quick" as in et or in the 9.0........I see now why you say to put an auto tranny as that would improve the et drastically....I think the car will be in the 8s without the need for an auto...But to realize the full potential I think a drag suspension and an auto woulb be the ticket
I totally agree, it didn't know it didn't have drag suspension. It's even quicker than i thought. No harsh feelings, good post by the way.
No probs..thanks 8) Yeah it has the stock IRS suspension Im told...insane... probably tweaked a bit to improve weight transfer...To think you could then lower the boost, set the suspension up for circuit track and go kick some ass on a roadcourse...Simply amazing...I want one
Old 12-03-2004, 07:00 PM   #10
gobs3z
Regular User

No probs..thanks Yeah it has the stock IRS suspension Im told...insane... probably tweaked a bit to improve weight transfer...To think you could then lower the boost, set the suspension up for circuit track and go kick some ass on a roadcourse...Simply amazing...I want one
Agreed. Only if other tuners thought the same way, then we'de have a lot faster road course cars, and not just a ton of extremely fast dragsters that can turn for shit.

Old 12-03-2004, 07:21 PM   #11
Minacious
Regular User

Originally Posted by SnakeBitten
This Viper would obliterate, destroy, emaciate, pulverize assrape any stock to mildly modded liter bike...
Let's not get carried away here. A mildly modded liter bike would by no means be raped by this Viper.
Old 12-03-2004, 07:37 PM   #12
RC45
Regular User

Besides - I have seen a number of these trailer-queen vipers run.. and the sad part was, my buddie and I drove to the event in our cars and drove back - while all the big 'n little shod Vipers and Supras had to be carried around on trailers...
RC45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2004, 07:47 PM   #13
gobs3z
Regular User

Besides - I have seen a number of these trailer-queen vipers run.. and the sad part was, my buddie and I drove to the event in our cars and drove back - while all the big 'n little shod Vipers and Supras had to be carried around on trailers...
Yeah, i'm sure the clutch on this car alone ruins it's street drivability, or at least makes it a pain in the arse.

Old 12-04-2004, 09:50 AM   #14
FordGTGuy

if I remeber correctly they have 1200hp mustang cobras that run 7s and I posted some pictures from super chevy where they were running 6s and 7s so this car is not setup for draging.
Old 12-05-2004, 08:54 AM   #15
SnakeBitten
Regular User

Originally Posted by Minacious
Originally Posted by SnakeBitten
This Viper would obliterate, destroy, emaciate, pulverize assrape any stock to mildly modded liter bike...
Let's not get carried away here. A mildly modded liter bike would by no means be raped by this Viper.
Show me a mildly modded liter bike that traps anywhere near 166mph...this car seem capable of 170+...This 9.0 @ 166mph was just its second shakedown run....It wasnt all it had...Take that wing off and its all she wrote..And its only gonna get worse for the bike after the 1/4 mile...