Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Automotive Brands Forum > Car Chat

Old 03-11-2010, 12:28 PM   #1
black_diamond
Regular User

I bet its the pot smoking dutchy who designs the cars, stupidest thing in the world, just cheaping the brand.

Its a BMW because its a BMW, everyone knows Audis are driven by cocks, BMWs have always been new money, Merc old money, and Audi someone elses money, I wonder if this is still true?

I think the work that Chris Bangle put in the last decade lead BMW to the position they are in, good or bad, problem is they have to many models, and make to many cars which has hurt their image and their profits, how about don't make a stupid fwd car and make really really good small sedans and coupes that AREN'T overpriced!
Old 03-12-2010, 03:32 AM   #2
HeilSvenska
Regular User

Originally Posted by black_diamond View Post
Its a BMW because its a BMW, everyone knows Audis are driven by cocks, BMWs have always been new money, Merc old money, and Audi someone elses money, I wonder if this is still true?
Audi's an odd case because just 10 years ago, it was nothing like that. I'd say Audi's more for the new money now.
Old 03-12-2010, 04:12 AM   #3
zeus_2011
Regular User

Originally Posted by HeilSvenska View Post
Audi's an odd case because just 10 years ago, it was nothing like that. I'd say Audi's more for the new money now.
I think Audi turned a page in 1995 with the B5 A4 line-up....creating a car able to compete with the 3-series. Once the A8 was introduced building on the A4's image, Audi surely overtook MB, and following Bangle's take on BMW styling, it shot past Beemers too! Admittedly, in the last 7-8 years Audi have gone off on a bit of a tangent, but they still make some quality items.

This latest announcement regarding FWD cars is surely the final nail...
zeus_2011 is offline   Reply With Quote