Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > General Discussion > Video and Picture Links

Video and Picture Links WORKING HTTP or FTP links only, no torrents or other P2P links.

Old 09-03-2010, 06:13 PM   #1
fordgt84
Regular User

Default BMW M5 wagon spanks Aston Martin DBS

it must be said the m5 has an ess ecu, but it only gives the car an extra 15-20hp and 15-20 lb/ft of torque, and it's much heavier at nearly 2 tons. i used to like the dbs a lot, but now that i've seen what an m5 wagon can do to it, i'm not so sure...

fordgt84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2010, 09:20 PM   #2
tforth
Regular User

The first video I saw showing the M5s accel at high speeds was this one:

Then, there's this one for good measure:

go to around 5:10 where Bovington explains how the M5 seems to get a second breath >200km/h:

tforth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2010, 01:46 PM   #3
fordgt84
Regular User

like 7 years ago, there was a friend of mine who told me that he knew a guy who had an e39 m5 and that "every time he got to high speed there would be like a secret turbo or something that would make it go faster"...now obviously no m5 has ever had a turbo, but it's only like two years ago that i finally understood what he was on about...it seems it's their air intake systems which allow more air to be rammed into the engine the faster it goes, thus the second bit of breath.
fordgt84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 12:13 AM   #4
tforth
Regular User

Originally Posted by fordgt84 View Post
like 7 years ago, there was a friend of mine who told me that he knew a guy who had an e39 m5 and that "every time he got to high speed there would be like a secret turbo or something that would make it go faster"...now obviously no m5 has ever had a turbo, but it's only like two years ago that i finally understood what he was on about...it seems it's their air intake systems which allow more air to be rammed into the engine the faster it goes, thus the second bit of breath.
Yeah, don't mess with them on the autobahn , they're good for 200+mph, unrestricted .
tforth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 01:02 AM   #5
enzoferrari
Regular User

Cant wait for the new M5