Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Hobbies and Leisure Time > Computers, Consoles, Gadgets And Gizmos

Old 04-12-2005, 03:30 PM   #1
Mr.Vercetti
Regular User

Default Bang & Olufsen...

What do you think about these music systems? We recently bought one and I can tell you for sure that all these years that I was listening to music in fact I wasnt. The B&O take the music hearing experience to a whole new level, its something totally unparallel. You can understand what I say once you hear a track from these systems. As far as their design is concerned there r times that I feel embarassed when I sit next to it...

Any owners of B&O?
Old 04-12-2005, 03:36 PM   #2
bmwmpower
Regular User

i know it, also saw few TVs
but thats really expensive, please post which system you got, or pics,
also price if its possible
bmwmpower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2005, 03:41 PM   #3
TT
Regular User

Well, my dad always had a B&O system since I can recall it.. always the same, he just upgraded the speakers some years ago, and not only the quality is top stuff, but the lifespan amazing too!

For sure if you have the money to invest in it and if you like to listen to music in the proper way, it is the way to go..

Still not easy to spend such amounts of money on such items IMO
Old 04-12-2005, 03:56 PM   #4
bmagni
Regular User

as TT says, if u have the money to buy them theyre worth every penny, super quality, super looks, super price thoguh
bmagni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2005, 03:59 PM   #5
Mr.Vercetti
Regular User

Originally Posted by TT
but the lifespan amazing too!
Thats what Ive heard.

The system that my father bought is the Beosound 9000, and the speakers are the Beolab 5. A for their price... they costed much...

TT after how many years your father upgraded the speakers?..
Old 04-12-2005, 04:02 PM   #6
TT
Regular User

Uhm, I should ask him to be sure, but probably like 15 years or even more. It is also true that he doesn't listen to it 24/7 and he didn't change them because they were broken or not sounding good anymore, just because he wanted another model to hang onto the wall wich suited better with the rest of the furniture
Old 04-12-2005, 04:11 PM   #7
Mr.Vercetti
Regular User

15 years?... These are great news man!!

Cant wait to have them installed. My girlfriend's father suggested to my father to buy B&O. Im really looking forward to it!

Oh and btw TT, who listens 24/7 music?... :roll:
Old 04-12-2005, 04:55 PM   #8
Skyliner
Regular User

Well since B&O comes from Struer which is where I have lived 18 out of 19 years, so i'm quite familiar with them And yeah, my parents and both my brothers have B&O tv, like half of the people living there....

Have anyone heard the new BeoLab 5 at full blow? I'm not the biggest fan of music systems but OH MY FUCKING GOD!!
~80 bhp
BMW 325i; M-tech II
Skyliner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2005, 05:05 PM   #9
findleybeast
Regular User

Bang & Olufsens are great. They are fairly overpriced and have a big focus on style rather than out and out performance, but they're still really nice. The BeoLab 5's are straight up awesome, definitely one of my favorite speakers. Incredible power and accuracy in the bass, but I also love the incredibly wide soundstage thanks to that acoustic lens technology. And the fact that they're self powered...

With the exception of the BeoLab 5s, there are better companies to look at for the money. Bowers & Wilkins (as Brembo mentioned) and Meridian are the first two that come to mind. Still though, B&O is awesome. You're a lucky guy. How many BeoLab 5's did your dad get?

Xbox Live Gamertag: TheSlusbe
findleybeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2005, 05:39 PM   #10
Mr.Vercetti
Regular User

BW also make magnificent pieces. But their prices are very close to B&O. At least here in Hellas. Btw what do you guys think about Cyrus systems? We went to see them, their desig was veery minimal.

We bought 2 Beolab 5 speakers findleybeast.
Old 04-12-2005, 06:46 PM   #11
SFDMALEX
Regular User

I had a set of B&O speakers which I sold. They were decent speakers.
SFDMALEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2005, 07:14 PM   #12
ikon2003
Regular User

My 2 cents: B&O is some nice stuff, but the prices aren't justified. IMO, it's too expensive for what you're getting. Sure, they do some very innovative things, but it's not an acoustic revolution.

BeoLab5 stand out in my mind. Not only do they use top of the line materials and engineering, but they look f'ing cool. They definitely sound good (the BeoLabs anyway. I haven't heard the much else) but to pay that much money for speakers is not worth it if you're only going for SQ. (You could get equally good if not better SQ for a fraction of the cost if you really wanted to. It would just have less sex appeal, and have a more complicated layout).

So who would buy top of the line B&O? Very rich people that value style just as much as/more than they do acoustics. Their mid-line products blend into the market much better tho, and those are more easily justifiable.

Edit: B&W (makes Nautilus) i have similar views on, but i'm actually more in favor of them. They don't put up these chi-chi stores in high end real estate areas trying to sell on hype and image like B&O does. B&O i think is more successful as a company, partly cuz their image, but I mite have more respect for B&W. Honsetly tho, I don't kno enuf to make firm decisions - both those companies are way outside of my budget.
ikon2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2005, 11:30 PM   #13
MercedeSChink
Regular User

At my Hong Kong house, my family has several sets of B&O hardwares...we have the beosound system set throughout the house, and 2 tvs within the house...also the fones are pretty good too...rite now, in my toronto home, i'm using 2 of the B&O fones...meh, not much to say but looks kewl...i'm lately thinkin of gettin the b&o mp3 player, since i broke my iriver recently...btw i heard...urban legend or rumor of somekind that all the B&O products are just reversed engineered products from other companies, ie. crack open the shell of a B&O TV, you'll see sony circuitry inside or something like that....haven't done it myself but it could be...
Old 04-13-2005, 03:25 AM   #14
Pokiou
Regular User

My grandma's house has B&O TV and cinema system that has a whole combo magigi in it .. braaddyy awsome.. picture is crisp .. the sound is awsome .. i swear its like .. ahh cant explain..

u need to live the experiance to understand ..

Pok
Pokiou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2005, 12:22 AM   #15
CSedl87
Regular User

You think B&O is good, try Linn. Top notch I must say.
"At a given day and a given circumstance, you think you have a limit. And you then go for this limit, and you touch the limit, and you think 'okay, this is the limit.' As soon as you touch this limit, something happens in you so that you can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct and your experience as well, you can fly very high" - Ayrton Senna
CSedl87 is offline   Reply With Quote